Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

They were going to have the chat this morning but Claude was still out on the training pitch working on the diamond.

I have a vision of him with a piece of coal in his hand and a grimace on his face as he squeezes it as hard as possible...

Amen. A horrible skysportsnews-ism devised to make second-rate pundits & reporters sound intellectual. Anyone repeating it sounds anything but.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mark Hughes uses the term 'Business' when discussing player trading. In his horrible accent to

I've not seen anything that seems remotely solid on here, nor anything cropping up on various news sources... so that means we will probably sign a striker from France that we haven't heard of for around £8mil.

Probably Ronny Rodelin. Scored 10 goals in Ligue 1 last season. Seems our target market.

2.23pm

Last season's transfer deadline day produced one of Saints' best pieces of business as Virgil van Dijk arrived from Celtic in a deal worth up to £13m.

What a signing he has been for Saints. It doesn't' look like a signing of the same calibre will be arriving this time around, but Les Reed and Claude Puel are working on a right back signing today.

Echo seem convinced we are at least looking to bring in a right back, which sounds like Cuco will be off to Everton then.

NAISMITH TO SUNDERLAND?

Sunderland are interested in signing Steven Naismith from Norwich, according to Sky sources.

Naismith only joined the Canaries in January, scoring twice in 15 appearances as Alex Neil’s side were relegated from the Premier League.

Our man Keith Downie is expecting a busy evening up at Sunderland – he’ll bring us the latest as it happens.

I think part of the problem is that we are seeing more of him than is needed. #extrapounds

You reckon? I thought he looked like he'd bulked up, as opposed to chubbed up. Either way not good, seeing as pace isn't his strong point. Still think HCDAJFU though.

The ownership of Villa will not end well. Which is why I still believe we got f**ing lucky. In fact, we flaming struck gold. We could have landed one of these nutters.

This. Considering how many awful owners there are in English football I think ours is bloody good which is why it always leaves me bemused by the criticism the owner gets at times.

Still amazed that a player like Alex Chamberlain is still at Arsenal. Pretty poor from him that he is not demanding a loan move at least.

He has been starting games this season to be fair. He just needs to stay fit which is no easy thing at Arsenal.

ARBELOA A HAMMER?

Alvaro Arbeloa is in the country with a view to signing a one-year contract with West Ham, Sky sources understand.

He left Real Madrid in the summer and the former Liverpool player is seen as a mentor rather than replacement for right-back Sam Byram.

The deal would also allow Michail Antonio to play further forward from the start of games.

Interesting realising Les Reed's weakness for selling any player if there is any chance of a profit.

I wonder whether he doesn't spend most of his time at CASH Converters trying to raise funds by trading in our Academy players on loans.

One of these days Uncle Les is going to be exposed as a very seedy, not so nice and above board gentlemen he tries so hard to portray. In other words, one day the 's hite is going to hit the fan/or gullible Saints fans.!!

Currently 5/10,

Swapping Mane for Boufal and Hojbjerg + cash is good business.

Still 2 holes though, DM and ST, and the main priority last season was for a new RB, which we basically don't have (yet).

I actually think we could cope with Romeu/Hojbjerg or Hojbjerg/Clasie partnership in a 4231, just the problem is none of our midfield options can play as a lone anchor in a diamond.

Interesting realising Les Reed's weakness for selling any player if there is any chance of a profit.

I wonder whether he doesn't spend most of his time at CASH Converters trying to raise funds by trading in our Academy players on loans.

One of these days Uncle Les is going to be exposed as a very seedy, not so nice and above board gentlemen he tries so hard to portray. In other words, one day the 's hite is going to hit the fan/or gullible Saints fans.!!

You really do spout some absolute garbage.

I dont know why we didnt ambush Chambers to Boro, if a RB is REALLY so critical. But then, I dont know why Cuco couldnt continue to deputise. Just to make a lousy 1m profit ?? F**k off...

Perhaps Puel doesn't want Cuco to be his second choice right back option. New manager doesn't rate previous managers signing. Shock.