The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Goal-shy Southampton target Manolo Gabbiadini transfer after first 3 game losing streak in 3 years - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/goal-shy-southampton-target-manolo-9564626

Also being reported on twitter however that he has found an agreement with wolfsburg -

Tancredi Palmeri

‏@tancredipalmeri

Everton's target Gabbiadini has found an agreement with Wolfsburg, that yesterday had upped the Everton's bid

This made me smile from The Guardian:

"For some reason the Rumour Mill can’t fathom, Wolfsburg, Everton and Southampton have joined Stoke in the chase for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini, who has scored only three times in 17 appearances this season and has looked about as hot as a penguin. He’s yours for £24m – £24m! – folks."

Goal-shy Southampton target Manolo Gabbiadini transfer after first 3 game losing streak in 3 years - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/goal-shy-southampton-target-manolo-9564626

Also being reported on twitter however that he has found an agreement with wolfsburg -

Tancredi Palmeri

‏@tancredipalmeri

Everton's target Gabbiadini has found an agreement with Wolfsburg, that yesterday had upped the Everton's bid

I have not seen him play, and looking at his stats over the past 2 full seasons and this one I am not sure why valuations of £16-24m have been mooted. He appears to be a squad player at Napoli, rather than a starter.

I would rather we spend money on a forward who is playing regularly (starting rather than being a squad player) such as Haller or Jorgensen in the Dutch league for eg. Alternatively, someone who has proven EPL experience when I can at least weigh up what I have seen of the player vs their relative current game time (eg Wilfrid Bony, Berahino, Borini)

This made me smile from The Guardian:

"For some reason the Rumour Mill can’t fathom, Wolfsburg, Everton and Southampton have joined Stoke in the chase for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini, who has scored only three times in 17 appearances this season and has looked about as hot as a penguin. He’s yours for £24m – £24m! – folks."

Ha! Spooky - given my post just now about his price tag. :-)

Random name from a few seasons ago and available on a free in the summer or a small fee now from AC Milan and international team mate of Yoshida and would help short term in AM role.

Keisuke Honda

Lets get this rumour started.

You are in luck :)

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-watford-ready-take-southampton-ac-milan-star-keisuke-honda-170105222583

Probably why the club have gone to the press with the Fonte news today.

Be interesting to see if it's someone who's been on the media radar or an out-of-the-blue signing.

Would be a cute move if true.

If Les has got his "well, if we get a replacement" routine out there on the day he knows he's got his replacement already then fair play to him.

Les Reed - quite the operator.