The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Another name I'll throw in the hate - Roberto Pererya - not playing for Watford today, but in my opinion one of their better players from that advanced CM role. He's another in the mold of what we're missing.

isnt that what Boufal is here for?

Another name I'll throw in the hate - Roberto Pererya - not playing for Watford today, but in my opinion one of their better players from that advanced CM role. He's another in the mold of what we're missing.

Agree. I like him too - has looked quality whenever I have seen him.

I'll still throw my (& convicts) shout of Ziyech as well.

Different type of player in my opinion. He’s a final third player, we need a midfielder capable of closing the gap between our midfield and the final third and feed the likes of Boufal etc.

then why does Boufal spend a great deal of time tracking back in our own half (and winning a decent amount of tackels) if he is a final 3rd player?

I cant imagine a side where we play a sigurdsson type, Boufal, a striker and Redmond (he cant be dropped after all)....under this manager,

never in a million years

then why does Boufal spend a great deal of time tracking back in our own half (and winning a decent amount of tackels) if he is a final 3rd player?

Because we’re missing the link between the midfield and our attack. It nullifies him when he’s having to track back and pick the ball up deeper, he needs to be as high up as possible all the time.

Because we’re missing the link between the midfield and our attack. It nullifies him when he’s having to track back and pick the ball up deeper, he needs to be as high up as possible all the time.

and you think safety first puel is going to set us up like that?

Bats, think retro Chelsea.

Clarkey is basically describing a Lampard type of midfielder rather than a Robben or Joe Cole.

which means a more forward thinking player, it aint going to happen is it or he would get one of three (or two other than Rom) to actually get into the box now......he doesnt.

Considering it is a month since we lost our only proper goal scorer I am disappointed that the window has opened and we don’t seem to be close to signing a replacement, even on a temporary basis. With our season now hanging on the Liverpool semi-final, an extra option upfront would have been a huge benefit in what is likely to be an arduous double leg. With every passing day I hate to say this but I become more apprehensive that the Board have priorities that may differ from the majority of the fan base. I would not have said this 3 months ago but sleep walking out of Europe and the Chinese investors appearance has raised doubts in my mind.

Considering it is a month since we lost our only proper goal scorer I am disappointed that the window has opened and we don’t seem to be close to signing a replacement, even on a temporary basis. With our season now hanging on the Liverpool semi-final, an extra option upfront would have been a huge benefit in what is likely to be an arduous double leg. With every passing day I hate to say this but I become more apprehensive that the Board have priorities that may differ from the majority of the fan base. I would not have said this 3 months ago but sleep walking out of Europe and the Chinese investors appearance has raised doubts in my mind.

In what way did the Board influence our exit from Europe?

Lets lay down some money! Haller and Berahino please

What is the obsession on here with Berahino?? He's hardly kicked a ball for two and a half seasons, is a spanner short of a full tool box, and clearly thinks he's too good fro WBA (who appear to be above us right now).

Edit: Well perhaps not an obsession, but his name keeps coming up.

What is the obsession on here with Berahino?? He's hardly kicked a ball for two and a half seasons, is a spanner short of a full tool box, and clearly thinks he's too good fro WBA (who appear to be above us right now).

Edit: Well perhaps not an obsession, but his name keeps coming up.

Never understood it either. The guy had one half decent half season 2 years ago and has done bugger all since, except get fat. Has always had a terrible attitude too.

Big powerful front man please - First season back in the Prem we've not had one in the mould of Lambert or Pelle, and it's the first time we've struggled for goals. Pelle's link up play was superb and tragically under appreciated, we need it back.

Big powerful front man please - First season back in the Prem we've not had one in the mould of Lambert or Pelle, and it's the first time we've struggled for goals. Pelle's link up play was superb and tragically under appreciated, we need it back.

I mentioned this after we sold Pelle. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Well you've been saying something very similar for a lot longer than three months. The window opened three days ago and you're disappointed already? And surely someone with the knowledge you have of the club's history knows very well that it does not do its transfer business in public.

I have no knowledge of whether the club is likely to sign anyone. It doesn't generally do much business in January but, who knows, maybe this time. But who is available, affordable and better than what we have (I believe the last of these is Puel's stated criterion)?

The last three games have been hugely disappointing. We seem to give up as soon as somebody scores against us. That's a question of belief and effort. A new striker may help but it's not the total answer. But, despite those three games, we are still doing better than at this stage last season so let's not get carried away in gloom.

I am not asking for them to conduct their business publicly, just quickly bearing in mind it's been a month since we lost Austin and even before that we were struggling to score goals. I expected us to hit the ground runnning once the window opened. Sorry my expectations seem to irk you however.

No news about today but here is a good scouting report on Sebastian Haller for those interested.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/09/28/scout-report-sebastien-haller-utrecht-gifted-striker/

"Haller can be compared to Olivier Giroud in many respects (for those of who you have not seen much of him). Where Haller surpasses the aforementioned French stalwart is in technical ability and his efficiency in the box when presented with a scoring chance."

Just what we need.

Edited by Convict Colony

I am not asking for them to conduct their business publicly, just quickly bearing in mind it's been a month since we lost Austin and even before that we were struggling to score goals. I expected us to hit the ground runnning once the window opened. Sorry my expectations seem to irk you however.

Well when expectations are unrealistic they are likely to irk.

Did you seriously think we'd be unveiling some great striker within the first couple of days of the window?

You know how this transfer window usually works, right?