Saints vs Everton Match Thread

Wrensup

Our midfield still seem to receive the ball in space, turn, then their first thought is sideways wide. Surely just sometimes they could drive forward, draw people toward the ball then slip it wide. This obsession with possession just allows the opposition to organise and mark our forwards.

Could be a different half, yeah we may have had a little bit more of the ball, it could be 3-1 to them tbf

Gueye's shot, and both Barry and Barkley had good heading opportunities.

After Austin's goal, we've had the one Josh Sims header

BUT overall we do look lively and certainly seem like weve been in their half more, so more of the same please Saints, with 100% concentration at the back haha!

Great half, and lovely riposte to all the neg crap spouted recently on Puel.

Suppose we'd just spent £15m on Sims. We'd be pleased with his debut showing, no? V exciting when we unearth new talent. This season McQueen, Targett, and now Sims. Failure to look properly at our academy was Koeman's worst fault. Quite fitting to have that pointed out to him inside a minute. Sims made the opener.

God, I hope we can hold on to this one.

Don't like how defensive and how much we've sat off the ball. If we keep allowing them to put in crosses they'll get one eventually. Sims played well as I expected (after watching him in u21's a couple of times), but he should have really done better with his header which would have made it 2-0.

Hope we're more positive second half and stop inviting pressure on ourselves.

£30 on Everton now - Returns over £370

Nice insurance just in case

Draw and I'm up £55 too

I'd rather Saints won (I'm sure you would, too). I'd feel too guilty being relieved/happy about them losing. I don't bet, though, so no danger of that.

Ooh good skills from Hoj.