Norwich 2 Saints 2 - Reaction

St Chalet

We were so much better last year .........When we lost at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah the old compare it to last season chestnut. Wonder what the excuse will be when we get knocked out of the league cup and slide down the league table.

They should allow teams to nominate whether they want a replay. If both teams nominate 'no', then the game is settled in ET and Pens.

i'm in the keep replays boat! smaller clubs might get that opportunity to play a premier league side away etc etc and more games the better!

I bet you can't wait .

I, of course, hope I'm wrong. I just find it ridiculous that this seasons shortcomings are justified by being compared to last season where we went on a Leicester style run to finish sixth. We were **** this time last season and we are **** now. The difference is that this season we don't have the players to go on a run like we did last year.

Is it really asking too much to expect our forward players to stick the ball in the f*cking net from time to time?

Serving up,their usual high quality entertainment . No we don't need any strikers we can have the defenders score.

The worst possible result another pointless game, no striker able to score and conceding a goal in the last minute

Special

I'm not particularly unhappy . In the hat unlike others in our league & a reply is another opportunity for the nippers to have a run . It's not all doom & gloom .

Fair comment, actually. I just hope that all cup games from this point on are taken very seriously. I'm not slitting my wrists either over this result. I'm assuming Forster did not play or was even on the bench for a good reason, and the pen was caused by a young goalie.

Onwards and upwards has to start from some point. I just hope it's this one!

More like what excuses will you conjure up to have a go at Puel

I remember that game last year. Palace were on fire and in the top 6 or something if I remember right. Can't really compare that to a lower league club who have lost 8 of their last 12 games. And before you say it Ipswich were not on a run like that.

A bit of perspective would be nice on this thread.

We weren't troubled during the game but conceded two sloppy goals. We've played a very young side and we're still doing better than Bournemouth, Everton etc.

Any excuse for a moan though eh?

So how should we judge the season. What is an acceptable league position to you?

Having finished sixth last season I would expect to be more than 3-4 points off 15th place in the table. For all the cries of "but we are tenth" people seem to forget just how tight the league is. If/when we are 14th/15th in a couple of weeks will you find that acceptable?

If we were playing a style of football that looked promising or which made you think the results would come sooner rather than later that would be fine but, at the moment, the football is very very poor.

This might turn out to be one of our smallest crowds at SMS, maybe this will become a protest game. Les says everything is fine, managers great, players great, probably don't need any signings in, just carry on regardless. Well, this unwanted replay may give supporters a chance to demonstrate to Les their agreement with him or not, as the case may be. A near empty stadium would send a telling message.

Having finished sixth last season I would expect to be more than 3-4 points off 15th place in the table. For all the cries of "but we are tenth" people seem to forget just how tight the league is. If/when we are 14th/15th in a couple of weeks will you find that acceptable?

If we were playing a style of football that looked promising or which made you think the results would come sooner rather than later that would be fine but, at the moment, the football is very very poor.

What position is acceptable . None of the moaners has yet to answer that. The reason being they can't say 5th or 6th because that's foolish . They won't post mid table because Puel might get that . So they post subjective pony about " style" or number of points off the top.

I'll ask again , what league position do you consider acceptable with this group of players?

We were so much better last year .........When we lost at home

Yeah, to a much stronger Norwich. Rofl.

Honestly, what a pointless comparison.

Why are you defending how terrible we are... we are appalling. And its very worrying because if we have a bad season we cease to become the team striving forward thats a perfect "showcase club"... and instead become an aston villa / swansea / leeds / newcastle - a club that flirted with europe, declined and well... ended up where exactly?!?!?

The most accurate post so far. You don't to have to have scarred wrists or a damp bed to see that the last six years of progression is being thrown away at an ever increasing rate.

This might turn out to be one of our smallest crowds at SMS, maybe this will become a protest game. Les says everything is fine, managers great, players great, probably don't need any signings in, just carry on regardless. Well, this unwanted replay may give supporters a chance to demonstrate to Les their agreement with him or not, as the case may be. A near empty stadium would send a telling message.

Seems like you would have preferred a defeat

Yeah, to a much stronger Norwich. Rofl.

Honestly, what a pointless comparison.

Why are you defending how terrible we are... we are appalling. And its very worrying because if we have a bad season we cease to become the team striving forward thats a perfect "showcase club"... and instead become an aston villa / swansea / leeds / newcastle - a club that flirted with europe, declined and well... ended up where exactly?!?!?

Oh dear.

I'm sure Chelsea and Liverpool fans said the same thing after finishing in mid-table last season.

What position is acceptable . None of the moaners has yet to answer that. The reason being they can't say 5th or 6th because that's foolish . They won't post mid table because Puel might get that . So they post subjective pony about " style" or number of points off the top.

I'll ask again , what league position do you consider acceptable with this group of players?

If we finish between 8th and 10th this season then I'll be happy enough. Yes, we are 10th at the moment but we are also 4 points off 15th so I'd argue that any justification of Puel's performance by reference to league position is, at the moment, a false indicator as the league is so tight that we could move 4-5 places on the back of one result.

Also it's hardly "subjective pony" is it? We've scored 19 goals in 20 games. I'll ask you, do you go every week? If so, do you enjoy what you are watching?

They have no idea but will moan regardless

I'm not a moaner, but I'd suggest despite current form and with the current set of players we have, top ten should be eminently achievable. I don't think we'll get Europe next season, but we haven't [yet] earned it.

Doubt if any of that will happen. It's a home game, Norwich fans travel en mass and we have good core support. Can't see it being anywhere near as badly supported as some of the Lowe era and League 1 game. I don't see much to protest about really either.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Poor result considering we put out a stronger team than I thought. Reed, Sins, Lewis & Stephens aside it was first team selection based on puel rotation.

We still have the same issues, lack of goals from our forward players and as per the las few games horrendous goals conceded. If we had played a younger side as didn't expect VVD or Bertrand to play and was surprised Tadic started, I would of expected max draw at best.