Norwich 2 Saints 2 - Reaction

St Chalet

Believe what you like, your opinion on the matter is irrelevant

You didn't go did you fella.

First to give it large, last to actually bother turning up. Typical of a shirt wearing, programme buying happy clapper.

On train home having enjoyed a good day out with my nine year old. Disappointed to throw it away at the end, but most of the loyal fans who went gave th players a decent reception at the end. They will be there week in, week out unlike some of the negative cyber warriors on here.

Nice touch from Maya who ran all the way back to high five Lewis who w feeling awful after his mistake. I for one expected us to give younger players a chance today ahead of Wednesday, great to see Stephens do well out of position again and a decent assist. I thought JWP, PEH and Betrand were our best players. Lond an Tadic (other than cross for Virgil) very poor.

Having looked at Stoke, Bournemouth and WBA results it isn't exactly a disaster

How bad was Tadic? I know a highlight reel far from tells the whole story, but he seemed to be involved in nearly every worthwhile chance we created. Surely he's at least partly playing his role as one of the team's creators, not sure how many other players would have picked out that cross for VVD.

Well we scored two, so that's a step in the right direction... Surely its worth trying Van Djik up front, at this rate he's going to be our top scorer anyway.

Or maybe a central midfield role, can do some attacking and defending.

Southampton boss Claude Puel: "It's difficult to accept this because I think it's always difficult to play away against a Championship team"

What the hell does he mean by that comment? It's difficult to accept that we threw away two leads against a Championship or its difficult to accept that its difficult to play away? I'm so confused

Southampton boss Claude Puel: "It's difficult to accept this because I think it's always difficult to play away against a Championship team"

What the hell does he mean by that comment? It's difficult to accept that we threw away two leads against a Championship or its difficult to accept that its difficult to play away? I'm so confused

God knows. Surely he can't last much longer.

Like to try it in French?

Well next season there might be a lot more opportunities to play an away game against a Championship team.

The guys English is **** poor, he rabbits on forever digging a deeper and deeper hole when being interviewed.

im not crazy about him either but let's not start dissecting every single word and trying to work out what he's on about because most if not all of what he tries to say is lost in translation.

The guys English is **** poor, he rabbits on forever digging a deeper and deeper hole when being interviewed.

im not crazy about him either but let's not start dissecting every single word and trying to work out what he's on about because most if not all of what he tries to say is lost in translation.

they could wheel out Black but we probably wouldn't be able to understand him either

I don't blame Puel, he probably knew that if he said he was happy with the squad it woud make him a favourable candidate for the job. I blame (as always)the complacency Reed and co had.

Anyway after reading what Reed said an extra game is not a problem as the players run 13km a game and so we need squad rotation, its of course oh so different nowadays where clubs rotate their squad every game, where clubs like Chelsea (Leicester last) are foolish in keeping to the same each game

Southampton boss Claude Puel: "It's difficult to accept this because I think it's always difficult to play away against a Championship..

Hell Stoke and West Brom found it difficult to a play a Championship team at home.

Sack that Clueless Puel and get Howe, damn he lost to a Poor League 1 outfit.

This rotation crap is nonsense. Years ago, players could play twice a week without blinking an eye. These days these overpaid so-called athletes are treated with kid gloves. Use a settled team and things may improve. Having said that, to have no forwards or midfielders that know where the goal is will soon send us down into the relegation zone. Some urgent spending is needed in the next few weeks or we all know where this is going to end up.

N.B. Howe rotated his whole team for the game at Millwall and they were thrashed. That worked didn't it? Got what they deserved.

Incidentally, don't believe that the posters on here that criticise the team/Puel/Reed etc. are any less fans than those with their heads up their backsides! Make no mistake this club is in crisis and the upcoming games against Liverpool will underline that. Bet they don't put out their reserves for these games!

Is there any scenario in your world where the manager can be at fault?

We do live in a world where people always want to attach blame and think solutions are easy. Take Arsenal at Bournemouth on Tuesday. Wenger out lot blaming him for Bellerin playing like a goat. The same player they would undoubtedly claim as the best RB in the PL.

Puel isn't blameless by any means but Long and Rodigruez shanking it 9 times out of 10 is not so simple to solve. Pretty sure he doesn't instruct them to do it,

Great day out at friendly Norwich! Saints dominated and drew. That's how it is at the moment.

Well done Puel! Lewis debut in goal. Reed in midfield. Jack at right back. Sims right wing.

I have to say JWP looks like a footballer now. Fantastic condition and he's ready now to reach his potential.

It's not Puel's fault we aren't celebrating a victory. It's shameful that Long misses so many chances and really doesn't seem to get angry at himself. Yoshida has seriously improved his distribution and defensively looks strong.

The kids made mistakes that cost us the game today. Lewis with a bad first touch, but for me what was more frustrating was Sims moments earlier being offside when looking along the line when it was 3 v 1 on the counter attack and then getting a yellow for shooting into the crowd.

Reed played well, but gives away free kicks outside the box by tackling from behind, instead of getting in front of the ball. He needs to learn position.

Did we look better with the senior player coming on at the end? No.

Romeo in my opinion cost us the goal by not tracking and leaving the player free in the box, but another game to develop our youngster is excellent news.

Mr Puel I question how high our full backs are pushing. Surely you don't need to wide forwards when they push so high.

Please try playing Jay Rod and Long up front with Redmond or Tadic playing No. 10. Try it for me with high full backs and see what happens. You never know it might work!

This might turn out to be one of our smallest crowds at SMS, maybe this will become a protest game. Les says everything is fine, managers great, players great, probably don't need any signings in, just carry on regardless. Well, this unwanted replay may give supporters a chance to demonstrate to Les their agreement with him or not, as the case may be. A near empty stadium would send a telling message.

People like you need to get a ****ing grip.

"Protest match" FFS. Do you know how pathetic you sound?

Puel isn't blameless by any means but Long and Rodigruez shanking it 9 times out of 10 is not so simple to solve. Pretty sure he doesn't instruct them to do it,

Maybe his judgment is questionable after stating at the start of the season he was happy with the depth and quality of the squad (or words to that effect). Pretty much everyone could see we were light up top and going to rely heavily on a player with an injury history and one not yet back to full fitness / former performance levels and one not blessed with an abundance of goals. Although that could have been lip service and he was not supported in gettting further reinforcements in.

Back home...nice and local for me for a change.

Those who have said we played badly are wrong...we played neat, controlled football for most of the game and scored two excellent goals and were denied more by good goalkeeping and good defending. We were undone by a couple of errors...Harry Lewis can be excused to a degree but you've got to say that Virgil was probably the one responsible for marking Naismith...not sure how tactics can be blamed for the costliness of these. We should have won, we were by far the best team and will probably win the replay but the hysterical cr*p being spouted by the usual suspects on here is just just that...hysterical cr*p. We'll come through this bad patch like we've come through many before. Bring on Liverpool!

Officials were awful...reminded me of our L1 days!

Couldn't go today so thanks for that. Kind of conforms to what I gleaned from the radio commentary.

Maybe his judgment is questionable after stating at the start of the season he was happy with the depth and quality of the squad (or words to that effect). Pretty much everyone could see we were light up top and going to rely heavily on a player with an injury history and one not yet back to full fitness / former performance levels and one not blessed with an abundance of goals. Although that could have been lip service and he was not supported in gettting further reinforcements in.

Think most of us agree although Long's form has dropped off more than anyone could have foretold. I'm sure he wasn't given an option of Do you fancy a £20m striker Claude? Nah you're alright Les this lot will be fine.

How bad was Tadic? I know a highlight reel far from tells the whole story, but he seemed to be involved in nearly every worthwhile chance we created. Surely he's at least partly playing his role as one of the team's creators, not sure how many other players would have picked out that cross for VVD.

I am a big fan, and you are right he chalked up an assist and went close with a free kick but generally seemed low on energy/confidence. I reckon Boufal's big impact has put his nose out of joint. Hope he gets through it, quality player

Think most of us agree although Long's form has dropped off more than anyone could have foretold. I'm sure he wasn't given an option of Do you fancy a £20m striker Claude? Nah you're alright Les this lot will be fine.

Yes I'm sure you're right. I think I've mentioned before but I'm still a little surprised that Claude didn't have a little gem from the French leagues that he could have (maybe still could) have brought in. Of all his extensive experience in that country we 'only' have Boufal (and Pied I guess) to show for it.

It's the one position that's killing us right now. Yes I think we have some other issues to address but getting the ball in the back of the net is the biggest one and it didn't take Nostradamus to see this scenario with our strikers might turn out as it has. Even most of us dopey fans could see it as a risk.

Yes I'm sure you're right. I think I've mentioned before but I'm still a little surprised that Claude didn't have a little gem from the French leagues that he could have (maybe still could) have brought in. Of all his extensive experience in that country we 'only' have Boufal (and Pied I guess) to show for it.

It's the one position that's killing us right now. Yes I think we have some other issues to address but getting the ball in the back of the net is the biggest one and it didn't take Nostradamus to see this scenario with our strikers might turn out as it has. Even most of us dopey fans could see it as a risk.

Boufal wasn't a Puel signing.

I am a big fan, and you are right he chalked up an assist and went close with a free kick but generally seemed low on energy/confidence. I reckon Boufal's big impact has put his nose out of joint. Hope he gets through it, quality player

Nah that was his broken nose!

I'm going to go just to **** off those wanting a small crowd

Same here, as long as work arrangements allow will buy a ticket, been a mental season when did we last play this many games? JPT year or 91/92 ZDS year?

The point I am making is that one slightly disappointing season is not the end of the world.

In fact, having no European football next season might be a good thing.

I think you need a break mate because in your desperation to defend Saints you are starting to contradict yourself. You are on a mission without a doubt but have become a parody.

The over rotation of the starting 11 certainly hasn't helped out of form players. The likes of Rodriguez or Long have a semi decent game and they're dropped to the bench again. We're crying out for a bit of consistency all over the pitch but we'll struggle to get that when we make so many changes from game to game.

The over rotation of the starting 11 certainly hasn't helped out of form players. The likes of Rodriguez or Long have a semi decent game and they're dropped to the bench again. We're crying out for a bit of consistency all over the pitch but we'll struggle to get that when we make so many changes from game to game.

This

But it is unlikely to happen because Puel has to prove to Les that his system will work one day.

Agree and was livid when Sims dropped for Palace after superb debut and looking on fire against Arsenal when he came on.

But blaming rotation just seems lazy. When has Long had a good game btw? Would easy be to argue against rotation if players were tearing it up but only can think if VVD, Romeu and Bertrand who have been consistent.

I think you need a break mate because in your desperation to defend Saints you are starting to contradict yourself. You are on a mission without a doubt but have become a parody.

On a mission to do what? Who am I a parody of?

I'll happily be critical of the club when it is justified but in the face of baseless criticism from certain morons I'll defend Puel and the club.

I see Eddie went to school on our rotation victory against them in their FA Cup game today. He even out-did Claude by changing all 11 players. Didn't end to well though.

He either under rotates or over rotates. Needs lessons from Claude on how to get it right.

If I was Bournemouth fan I'd be livid today.

He either under rotates or over rotates. Needs lessons from Claude on how to get it right.

If I was Bournemouth fan I'd be livid today.

Yup, they won't be going down, won't be qualifying for Europe, so their season is already over in January.

Reminds me when Pochettino named that weakened team up at Sunderland in the cup and we lost.

On a mission to do what? Who am I a parody of?

I'll happily be critical of the club when it is justified but in the face of baseless criticism from certain morons I'll defend Puel and the club.

He wants to share this place with Batman and others.

Just slag off Puel, Reed, the FA Cup, rotation, non fluent English.the board

And reminisce about how we never lost games under Koeman or Poch but when we did we normally had 47 shots at goal and was never a dull moment

Oh and praise ambitious Palace, Stoke etc.

I'll happily be critical of the club when it is justified.

We have won just 3 in 15 games, performances have been absolutely horrendous, weve been dumped out of Europe, one of the lowest scorers in all leagues and our captain just asked to leave ASAP

just because you need more justification doesn't mean the rest of us are as tolerant