Norwich 2 Saints 2 - Reaction

St Chalet

This might turn out to be one of our smallest crowds at SMS, maybe this will become a protest game. Les says everything is fine, managers great, players great, probably don't need any signings in, just carry on regardless. Well, this unwanted replay may give supporters a chance to demonstrate to Les their agreement with him or not, as the case may be. A near empty stadium would send a telling message.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview then. He didn't say everything was fine and didn't rule out bringing players in.

Sounds like you probably don't go to the games anyway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474591

Goals there.

Their goals are ****ing pathetic.

Who the hell was supposed to be marking Naismith for their second? Shambolic defending.

Other than that, it looked to me that it all came down to the keepers today. McGovern made a couple of great stops from Tadic, while our rookie made a schoolboy error leading to their penalty.

Away to Norwich would have been a tough tie no matter what sort of season we were having so not going to get too naffed off about it.

Hopefully Norwich aren't as greedy over ticket prices for the replay and we get a decent crowd.

Harry Kewell just said we played some wonderful football but we just need that striker up front to take to the chances. We need to find a gem of a striker big time and have done for a long while.

I'd suggest Harry Kewell is talking absolute garbage.

I have just seen the highlights and I have to say that I cannot remember giving away 2 such poor goals.

Lewis showed his inexperience by miscontrolling a back pass, chasing a ball that was going away from goal and then needlessly clattering the forward. I feel for him but it was a catalogue of errors in the space of 5 seconds.

The equaliser was just ridiculous. On 92 minutes, holding a 2-1 lead, how is a player allowed the freedom of our 6 yard box!

This result does require some perspective. It is not the end of the world but it does our confidence no good at a time when we needed to push on. We could, and should, have won this.

We have put ourselves under needless pressure.

So basically the clappers are now using the old 'you don't go to games' line whilst they themselves don't go either... got to love those guys logic. Or lack of it.

Go to every game. Couldn't be further from a clapper.

Says it all. We are utter tosh currently.

I was not referring to you mate. Was towards those who had a pop at you etc

Don't worry I know that. All is fine in their happy clappy world unfortunately.

Sometimes wonder how some of them leave their front door.

Absolutely criminal to leave Naismith unmarked at that stage of the game - there were enough of our players in the box but unfortunately most of them were marking each other.

This. Not sure how we can be so slapdash in such a critical area at such a crucial time in the game.

Mourinho had planned to play Luke Shaw leading the line today. However the medical team pulled Shaw as not fit enough.

Why oh why doesn't Puel play the likes of Sam McQueen up front. McQueen has more chance of scoring goals than any of out current strikers. Have to hope Ryan Seagar steps up a solves the goal drought.

Forster up front with VvD and Yoshi in goal. I like he look of that except for Boufal not being available.

Either that or we just get it over with and move VVd and Yoshida up to strikers. Might as well put our two most dangerous scorers closer to the opponents goal.

Mourinho had planned to play Luke Shaw leading the line today. However the medical team pulled Shaw as not fit enough.

Why oh why doesn't Puel play the likes of Sam McQueen up front. McQueen has more chance of scoring goals than any of out current strikers. Have to hope Ryan Seagar steps up a solves the goal drought.

Errrr cos he's not a striker, he's a left back.

On train home having enjoyed a good day out with my nine year old. Disappointed to throw it away at the end, but most of the loyal fans who went gave th players a decent reception at the end. They will be there week in, week out unlike some of the negative cyber warriors on here.

Nice touch from Maya who ran all the way back to high five Lewis who w feeling awful after his mistake. I for one expected us to give younger players a chance today ahead of Wednesday, great to see Stephens do well out of position again and a decent assist. I thought JWP, PEH and Betrand were our best players. Lond an Tadic (other than cross for Virgil) very poor.

Having looked at Stoke, Bournemouth and WBA results it isn't exactly a disaster

Honestly. Les Reed and Claude Puel are driving this club into the ground. Its horrendous now. Both need to go ASAP.

There are some real dipstick posters on this forum. By a country mile, you lead those divs. Get a grip.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not a moaner, but I'd suggest despite current form and with the current set of players we have, top ten should be eminently achievable. I don't think we'll get Europe next season, but we haven't [yet] earned it.

Regardless of position it's an entertainment business and those who seem to accept that the crap we are playing is acceptable obviously don't bother to go to games or have so much money that they are quite happy not to question spending it. I simply have no faith in les reed and there's a lot more going on at our club than he's letting on. I wouldn't be surprised to see more transfer requests either.

No need to panic lads, Puel is a great bloke with perfect strategies for success. Playing for a draw today was all part of a master plan to force a replay so that we can play 3 games every week and perfect our rotation system to which our players are ideally suited. Les said so, so it must be right.

By the way stop looking down the league table at the small minded midget clubs below us striving only for 40 pts and survival as we are not one of them and are only looking upwards to the 6th spot in the league and we might as well win this cup competition on our way as is important in England and interesting for fans.

Oh at least its gone from one game to a season. You are slowly turning.

Slightly disappointing as Chelsea and Liverpool did finishing in mid table and not qualifying for Europe.

We'll finish 8th or 9th I think.

The point is not the overreact as so many on here, you included, seem to do.

Waaaah waaah we didn't win, waaah waaah

Oh at least its gone from one game to a season. You are slowly turning.

All part of the long game.

We have played badly this season and got out of Europe so that next season we do not have the extra exhausting 6 games. We can then have a real go at 6th spot and get back into Europe which we will then need to exit again as players cant cope.

Rinse, repeat

All part of the long game.

We have played badly this season and got out of Europe so that next season we do not have the extra exhausting 6 games. We can then have a real go at 6th spot and get back into Europe which we will then need to exit again as players cant cope.

Rinse, repeat

Yeah, great plan. If we could only throw the cup games as well then life would be a lot easier.

(Not having a go, just agreeing with you)

Don't have much to say about the performance, but a draw is worst possible scenario. We now have a guaranteed 8 games in 28 days (including today), which will increase to 9 if we win the replay. The rotation will continue apace, with no possibility of a settled team, this will be the busiest schedule so far this season. No coaching from Puel will be possible, only recovery sessions (if we are to believe Les Reed). the likelihood of this dour spell of football continuing has now been increased (that's not a statement that I think it will happen by the way, just a 'what if' scenario for the hard of thinking such as Fry).

On another note (because I have no posts left) see that Dom Gape signed for Wycombe on a permanent today. Also that the U18s followed on the club-wide trend of not winning, following on from the u23s yesterday. The club really is a bit of a downer at the moment, something needs to change soon.

The bed wetters and hand wringers are out in force, a lot of folk back from the game already posting more 'saints runs though my veins' negativity.

Perspective, we are not playing well and we are still in the Cup, West Brom

Stoke and B'mouth are all out after shocking results.

Some people need to get a grip and start getting behind the team, Id prefer it if they just xxcked off and found another club to bleed over.

Well this has turned into a proper witch hunt. While it is probably fair to say that there are serious reservations about Puel right now it sounds like today we played better and it is hardly Puels fault that Long couldn't hit a barn door and has the touch of an elephant.

Everyone, I would imagine, agrees we need an AMC and a striker - our forward play is awful and our midfielders just don't score. With these additions I think things could turn for the better and I believe Puel needs some of his own players before we can give up on him entirely.

We are at a low ebb right now but there is still time for it to turn around.

The bed wetters and hand wringers are out in force, a lot of folk back from the game already posting more 'saints runs though my veins' negativity.

Perspective, we are not playing well and we are still in the Cup, West Brom

Stoke and B'mouth are all out after shocking results.

Some people need to get a grip and start getting behind the team, Id prefer it if they just xxcked off and found another club to bleed over.

Well said. Let them go and follow one of the "big clubs" and be in the majority that reach for the pistol and whisky when they dare to lose one game. Have a peek at some of their forums, it's unreal. They would be so well suited and amongst friends

Back home...nice and local for me for a change.

Those who have said we played badly are wrong...we played neat, controlled football for most of the game and scored two excellent goals and were denied more by good goalkeeping and good defending. We were undone by a couple of errors...Harry Lewis can be excused to a degree but you've got to say that Virgil was probably the one responsible for marking Naismith...not sure how tactics can be blamed for the costliness of these. We should have won, we were by far the best team and will probably win the replay but the hysterical cr*p being spouted by the usual suspects on here is just just that...hysterical cr*p. We'll come through this bad patch like we've come through many before. Bring on Liverpool!

Officials were awful...reminded me of our L1 days!