We Are Marching On To Wembley!

Secret Site Agent

MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)  

503 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • Stephens
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • David
    • Redmond
    • Tadić
    • Rodriguez
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

Just realised, we have Sunderland away on 11 February and then have 15 days off until the final. United also have a PL game on 11 February but then play THREE GAMES before the EFL final. They're in the FA cup on the weekend in between and also have a 2 legged Euro tie against some team called Asse.

St Ettiene

Just realised, we have Sunderland away on 11 February and then have 15 days off until the final. United also have a PL game on 11 February but then play THREE GAMES before the EFL final. They're in the FA cup on the weekend in between and also have a 2 legged Euro tie against some team called Asse.

Hmmm, that's not a good thing, we're always w**k after a break. Hope we arrange a competitive friendly in that time ... ?

That's a ridiculous amount of time not to play a game mid-season man u will be nice and match sharp for the cup our players not so much. Look what happened when we had a bit of break before Christmas.

In fairness that would have happened last year (went out on FAC third round) and the year before (fourth round).

For anyone going out at either stage of the FAC it's fairly normal in any given season.

"Although the white shirt is unavailable for purchase, the club hopes that this decision will enable fans to turn Wembley into a sea of red and white for Saints’ first League Cup final since 1979.

In order to help facilitate this all replica shirts will be reduced to £30 for adults and £20 for children* with immediate effect." Decent touch but also along with the membership pushing it's another clever way to cash in on us !

"Although the white shirt is unavailable for purchase, the club hopes that this decision will enable fans to turn Wembley into a sea of red and white for Saints’ first League Cup final since 1979.

In order to help facilitate this all replica shirts will be reduced to £30 for adults and £20 for children* with immediate effect." Decent touch but also along with the membership pushing it's another clever way to cash in on us !

If they really wanted to cash in they'd sell the white kit, though I guess it might not be possible to get them turned around in time.

Not sure how reducing the price of a shirt could be perceived as 'cashing in'. Nobody's forcing us to buy a shirt!

• 6 years later...

what a night that was. That really was one of those great cup nights at Anfield

I was about 15 rows back from front Long celebrated right in front of us. I remember saying to my mate after about 5 minutes in that we only had another 85 to hold out. IN hindsight aside from a couple of chances we were probably the better team and had several good chances ourselves. One of the greatest nights as a Saints fan. We were also the better team in the first leg two, didn't we hit the bar and miss a couple of great chances

Did we sell out our end? I remember a lot of people writing the game off saying we had no chance.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Disgusting how Puel was treated by the club and the fans. 

he know how to set a team up that's for sure. The i want to be entertained brigade had their knives out from the start before the season even started they were moaning about his interviews being boring. 

55 minutes ago, Turkish said:

he know how to set a team up that's for sure. The i want to be entertained brigade had their knives out from the start before the season even started they were moaning about his interviews being boring. 

He deserved more respect, however:

Going out of Europa league to Beersheeva was poor, negative tactics at home to them. 

Last 5 home games of the season I think we failed to score? 

However, that night at Anfield was one of the best, remember being with you when team news was announced, not many thought we'd keep a clean sheet, was it Stephens and Yoshida at the back? 

• Like 2

It was. He managed to make both a catastrophic error and an incredible wonder-save at the same time. Let a simple shot squirm away from him, then somehow dived backwards and clawed it away at a very difficult angle just as it was about to cross the line.  

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Disgusting how Puel was treated by the club and the fans. 

Still think we sacked Puel way too early, he was a successful manager for us who was forced out by players egos. Yeah he was negative in the Europa league but some of the football at away games in the premier league was as good as i can remember.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

what a night that was. That really was one of those great cup nights at Anfield

I was about 15 rows back from front Long celebrated right in front of us. I remember saying to my mate after about 5 minutes in that we only had another 85 to hold out. IN hindsight aside from a couple of chances we were probably the better team and had several good chances ourselves. One of the greatest nights as a Saints fan. We were also the better team in the first leg two, didn't we hit the bar and miss a couple of great chances

Did we sell out our end? I remember a lot of people writing the game off saying we had no chance.

We sold out what we took, but we only took half the available allocation. For me it's still one of the best Saints away ends i've been in, properly good support all game and those goal celebrations... Up their with Spurs in the cup in 88/89, Derby away in the play offs and Fratton for the 4-0 as the best Saints end i've seen.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JRM said:

Going out of Europa league to Beersheeva was poor, negative tactics at home to them. 

However, that night at Anfield was one of the best, remember being with you when team news was announced, not many thought we'd keep a clean sheet, was it Stephens and Yoshida at the back? 

Koeman went out of the Europa leauge to midtjylland with, what imo was a better squad, wich is arguably a lot worse. 

The players knew Puel's time was up by the last 5 games. Rather than back him, they bowed down to player power. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JRM said:

yes i think it was and Stephens had hardly played a first team game before. Lord knows how we kept a clean sheet in that game. Didn't we keep play Liverpool 4 times that season and they didnt score against us?

Fans turned on Puel and players knew he was a goner, he wasn't the most entertaining or charismatic of people but we did play some good stuff at times and he was harshly treat, especially given the fact that Pelle and Mane had both been sold that summer who got about 30 goals between them the previous season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, danjosaint said:

And Fraser trying to chuck one in his own net , think that was the game 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10742728/forsters-fantastic-recovery

I’m still not sure exactly how he misread the initial shot, but unbelievable agility for someone his size to get back and keep it out.

Still the only time Klopp’s lost in a semifinal!

That moment of Long scoring…. that’s the purest moment of sheer triumph I’ve ever experienced watching football.

58 minutes ago, The Cat said:

One of those moments and celebrations I'll never forget. It was utter chaos when that goal went in, people flying everywhere. Love it.

Contrast that with last night. Liverpool fans and players couldn't give a shit that they just made a final. Always matters more to clubs like us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Contrast that with last night. Liverpool fans and players couldn't give a shit that they just made a final. Always matters more to clubs like us.

Fulham even invited the KKK.

Fans point out unfortunate resemblance of flags handed out by Fulham to  their fans for Carabao Cup semi-final against Liverpool to the hoods of  American white-supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan |

• Haha 1