We Are Marching On To Wembley!

Secret Site Agent

MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)  

503 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • Stephens
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • David
    • Redmond
    • Tadić
    • Rodriguez
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

I always thought that Klopp was/is the real deal.

but seen a state (god know if accurate) that after 81 games he almost directly on par with LvG (at united) after the same amount of games.

Klopp is lauded as some sort of newly branded special one, whilst LvG was slated

also, will there be a minutes silence at games this weekend to remember Liverpool?

#prayforklopp

Got home about 30mins ago and I'm still shaking with the adrenaline. The carnage when we scored is something I'll never forget. I never thought I'd cry at a game but I just couldn't help myself.

I said to me son after the last game that we'd win 1-0 in the 90th min and Jay Rod would score it and I never doubted, not once, that we'd do it.

And to think, the wan_kers who decide not to go because we weren't playing well or you didn't like the manager. I hope you regret that decision for the rest of your days but rest assured, those of us that were there will never, ever forget the experience.

They'll be the ones trying to get tickets for the final.

I always thought that Klopp was/is the real deal.

but seen a state (god know if accurate) that after 81 games he almost directly on par with LvG (at united) after the same amount of games.

Klopp is lauded as some sort of newly branded special one, whilst LvG was slated

also, will there be a minutes silence at games this weekend to remember Liverpool?

#prayforklopp

Difference is klopp generally plays exciting foortball, has charisma and is revive a club that hasn't won the league in 20 years!

I must admit I feared for my insanity 1 min into the game when i read the overly vitriolic, negative, venting their spleen comments from two of our most famous posters, but luckily they were utterly wrong as usual!!! What a fantastic night, the spirit returned in bucket loads and this helped pull off this amazing result! The players rolled their sleeves up and said 'We are Southampton'. So proud this morning! Still think we need a CB for depth to move forward and a striker but the deals have to be right for us. Players standing up to plate all over the park, so if we have to wait to summer for better fit, so be it! Just revelling in being a Saint this morning

Could this be a turning point in our season?

Ordinarily you'd definitely assume so, a final will mean players will lift there game as they will be naturally desperate to play at Wembley.

However I recall Bradford got to the EFL final in 2012 and people were speculating about how it would impact the league form and could they push for the play offs in league 2.

Think they only won 2 of the next 10 games and eventually finished 18th in league 2.

Hopefully we do use it as a springboard

Ordinarily you'd definitely assume so, a final will mean players will lift there game as they will be naturally desperate to play at Wembley.

However I recall Bradford got to the EFL final in 2012 and people were speculating about how it would impact the league form and could they push for the play offs in league 2.

Think they only won 2 of the next 10 games and eventually finished 18th in league 2.

Hopefully we do use it as a springboard

Think you'll actually find they went back to Wembley and had a thumping win in the Play Off Final....

Great night last night. Local lad - Torpoint - Jack Srephens wonderful, Yoshi equally so, Fraser and full backs and Romeu was best of the lot. 2 subs combined superbly for goal. Need to strengthen at CB and CF now, Gardos hasn't played for a long time.

Lovely to see Puel's personality and passion come out - more please and will help connection with fans immensely.

Cant wait for next game I have a ticket for - WHU home

Felt sorry for VVD. Sounded bad from Claude interview but hope can at least make final?

Trojans to a man, so very proud. The mighty Liverpool have one League cup to show for the last decade, I genuinely think we will match that in four weeks time. Such fond memories basking in the sun following our FA cup win in 76 - propelled the club for ten years - and would love this generation to experience the same feeling. With the infrastructure we have in place now, it could become a habit. COYR.

Now I've calmed down I can reflect on the match & performance. Easy to say " they're all hero's" ( and maybe they are),but I thought we had to carry Tadic, he was very poor. Back 4 & OR were superb . Davo did well , worked hard and played a real captains role. JWP had another good game. Fair play to Claude for picking him over Classie. Needs that level week in week out. Redmond was fantastic first half , faded a bit second. JRod still not quite there yet and Long the perfect sub in that game.

Despite the temptation to give Stephens motm, it has to be Yoshida or OR for me. Lot of pressure on those 2 to perform . To me Yoshida edges it for playing so well and then marshalling that young lad. He's turning into a club legend!!!

Finally Puel. Tactical master piece there. It wasn't surprised tactics or anything new ( I think we'd have all set up like that ), but the drilling and coaching of the formation. The players looked comfortable in the set up and well coached. We had a game plan and stuck to it. His substituations were spot on , particularly Simms for Redmond and PEH instead of Classie. And he deserves utmost credit for chucking Stephens in instead of mixing things up ( as I wanted him to). What a boost for the youngsters on the fringes. Gives me real hope for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

What a run by Josh Sims. Looking like he has a great future with us. Seems to be able to carry the ball forward at pace and has no respect for the opposition. And Long has come up with the goods again. Hopefully he can take confidence from that and get back to his best.

Now I've calmed down I can reflect on the match & performance. Easy to say " they're all hero's" ( and maybe they are),but I thought we had to carry Tadic, he was very poor. Back 4 & OR were superb . Davo did well , worked hard and played a real captains role. JWP had another good game. Fair play to Claude for picking him over Classie. Needs that level week in week out. Redmond was fantastic first half , faded a bit second. JRod still not quite there yet and Long the perfect sub in that game.

Despite the temptation to give Stephens motm, it has to be Yoshida or OR for me. Lot of pressure on those 2 to perform . To me Yoshida edges it for playing so well and then marshalling that young lad. He's turning into a club legend!!!

Finally Puel. Tactical master piece there. It wasn't surprised tactics or anything new ( I think we'd have all set up like that ), but the drilling and coaching of the formation. The players looked comfortable in the set up and well coached. We had a game plan and stuck to it. His substituations were spot on , particularly Simms for Redmond and PEH instead of Classie.

This is all spot on. But yes, Tadic was abysmal, pretty much all night. Looking forward to Boufal's return to offer something different, or AN Other in the transfer market. Still need CB and striker, though, so hope this result doesn't affect our pursuit of necessary squad depth.

Brilliant start to Australia Day over here and well worth the 4 hour sleep and early alarm call this morning. Not been at all happy with Puel's rotation this season, which cost us our place in Europe, but that performance shows he has the team with him, which is great for Saints. Now he has got us to a major final, this season will go down as a good one, despite the European debacle. Fantastic effort lads. And fair play to the posters on this thread - I read every page and only found one sanctimonious post *****ing at other fans about their Puel misgivings. Onwards together from here.

What an incredible night!

This is the reason why, although I am a Middlesbrough lad born and bred, I support Southampton

I've grown up and followed the Saints for the past 27 years, seen us through good times and bad, never ever lost faith in the team.

This season was always going to be a season of 'finding our feet' under Puel's Management.

I know that many of us, myself included at some points thus far, have questioned his rotation and tactics in some games.

Last night you can do nothing but take your hat off to him. His tactics worked to absolute perfection.

Without question, the lads wanted it more than Scousehampton, that was clear for all to see.

The desire, will to win, defending and counter attacking was absolutely world class;

I've still got the odd Middlesbrough fan in my ear this morning saying it was a penalty (absolute w*nkers!!).

They're only jealous... I notice Gaston's handed in a transfer request. Shows how good Middlesbrough are!

WE'RE OFF TO WEMBLEY!!!!

Buzzing!!!

Never been so proud!!!

Finally Puel. Tactical master piece there. It wasn't surprised tactics or anything new ( I think we'd have all set up like that ), but the drilling and coaching of the formation. The players looked comfortable in the set up and well coached. We had a game plan and stuck to it. His substituations were spot on , particularly Simms for Redmond and PEH instead of Classie. And he deserves utmost credit for chucking Stephens in instead of mixing things up ( as I wanted him to). What a boost for the youngsters on the fringes. Gives me real hope for the future.

Good summary Lord D. I too thought Tadic was the weak link last night, and Boufal would be the right replacement when fit. As you say, Stephens did a super job, but Yoshida was the main man in defence along with Bertrand who did an extraordinary amount of defensive cover - and of course the magnificent Romeu - a defensive warrior all night. JWP played another good game until injured, and PEH was just the right replacement with 20 min left.

Sims has something about him and the first half of Redmond wide on the left was great value. Quite a game that was.

So tired, bloody M6 one lane misery...but who cares about that. Still elated. Last minutes winners and the scenes after are why you go to games. Reminded me of the moment Rasiak equalised...crazy amount joy.

Good on you Chez, top effort; I enjoy your posts.

I have just calmed down a bit, but still savouring the epic and heroic performance of a young team against one of the so called "wonder-teams".

We absolutely deserved all the rewards this cup final brings, honestly we really did outplay them by superb tactics from Claude..

And what a goal, not just for the emotional significance but it really was a top, top goal fashioned by Cedric, Josh and Shane with a superb finish..

What scenes, what drama, what a night !!

Brilliant, now let's get some silverware. The cupboard is not exactly groaning and it's been a poor return for a club that has spent something like 40 of the last 50 years in the top flight.

Also lets not forget the FA cup - Arse are beatable and the 5th round beckons.

More immediately really hope this is the start of a Shane Long run of goals, this should have don his confidence a lot of good.

Still buzzing now! I convinced the wife to let my young boys stay up and watch until the full time whistle, on a school night. So glad I did! They won't get to experience many moments like that lol! Bit of a nightmare getting them ready for school this morning though!

I voted Yoshi for MoM, but in reality there are 4 or 5 candidates for that. Nobody played badly, though I don't think Tadic had has best night. Don't care! They're all heroes. I told my wife I was considering leaving her to become a homosexual and set up home with Shane Long.

Brilliant setup from Puel, everybody knew their role, kept the organisation. I've remained in the pro-Puel camp, and recently I've felt a bit of a loon for doing so. Last night was badly needed!

Ref had a good came too. Showed real backbone, and didn't favour the media-darling side at all.

Lastly, our fans. Wow! If you were lucky enough to be there, hold your heads high. We could hear every word on the telly, and at times all you could hear at Anfield was OWTS. Brilliant! I'm glad I wasn't there, as I'm **** at singing and would have let you all down! Legends.

Congratulations to the team. Now it's time to recover and for the fans to remember that we still haven't won anything yet. Good to see Stephens doing well - I see no reason to buy another CB now as Gardos is fit and should get game time. The substitutions were by and large what Puel would have made anyway - I think you yourself made this particular point at some time - so I don't see anything exceptional in that. It was very good to see Redmond (left foot lacking aside) show some belief in his ability and use his head a bit and make those devastating runs that he can do. We should have scored two from them but the finishing was poor unfortunately.

Klopp was right in his interview when he became frustrated by the inept reporter asking him the same question multiple times: Liverpool did play well at times and really only could have done more by scoring. Yes, there was an element of luck in that (as there always is), but the defensive organisation from us was first-class.

Still buzzing now! I convinced the wife to let my young boys stay up and watch until the full time whistle, on a school night. So glad I did! They won't get to experience many moments like that lol! Bit of a nightmare getting them ready for school this morning though!

I voted Yoshi for MoM, but in reality there are 4 or 5 candidates for that. Nobody played badly, though I don't think Tadic had has best night. Don't care! They're all heroes. I told my wife I was considering leaving her to become a homosexual and set up home with Shane Long.

Brilliant setup from Puel, everybody knew their role, kept the organisation. I've remained in the pro-Puel camp, and recently I've felt a bit of a loon for doing so. Last night was badly needed!

Ref had a good came too. Showed real backbone, and didn't favour the media-darling side at all.

Lastly, our fans. Wow! If you were lucky enough to be there, hold your heads high. We could hear every word on the telly, and at times all you could hear at Anfield was OWTS. Brilliant! I'm glad I wasn't there, as I'm **** at singing and would have let you all down! Legends.

Think you need to calm down bud, jobs not done yet :lol:

Significantly late for work (despite sorting it to work in Liverpool), hanging out of my f*cking arse and I think I've put my back out pilling down the away end when we scored, but f*ck me was it worth it!!

Last night was why I would never in my life even consider being a plastic, tv watching, glory hunting *****! The emotions when we scored and the knowledge that after almost going out of business and being relegated twice we're going to Wembley in a major final is just incredible.

So, so f*cking of my club, our fans and my city right now

Lots of RAWKers congratulating Saints, saying we deserved to win. Fair play to them. This is my favourite:

"We were lucky to lose just 2-0 on aggregate...... should've been 8!!!"

:thumbup:

I've always found Liverpool supporters to be very fair and respectful regarding other teams and players who play good football or show some skill. I remember being at Anfield when MLT turned their defenders inside out and scored in front of the Kop. There were quite a few in their crowd who applauded.

Brilliant night for everyone associated with the club!

Particularly pleased for Jack Stephens - it was an age ago that he broke into Plymouth's team as a 16 year old when they were desperately struggling for money. Fair play to him for keeping going and finally getting a chance to show what he can do. Now he's in the first team hopefully he can kick on and become more of a regular.

I've always found Liverpool supporters to be very fair and respectful regarding other teams and players who play good football or show some skill. I remember being at Anfield when MLT turned their defenders inside out and scored in front of the Kop. There were quite a few in their crowd who applauded.

The nipper was there and said that after the match the tannoy played "Hey Jude". On TV I could hear the Saints fan singing "Shane Long" and thought that they were singing along to something.

Wonder if the decision to play Hey Jude was deliberate on the part of the Liverpool match day tannoy. If so, it was a really nice touch.