Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

The Townsend one is a joke right?

I mean sure, he is pretty good in 2 games per year and will cut inside and shoot in an exciting fashion successfully perhaps 4 times a year, and there's no doubt his hair tattoo will look perfectly natural all season long, but it seems like poor business to pay more than nothing for him.

Perfect summary. To be avoided at all costs, even at no cost

Eh? What if he has a bad injury a week before the season ends?

Then he'd probably fail the obligatory medical and the deal would be off for the future immediate future anyway.

The difference here being that Keita can afford to wait another season, much younger and I think Leipzig are in the ECL aren't they.

From SSN:

CHELSEA AGREE OX FEE WITH ARSENAL

We understand Chelsea have agreed a fee with Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The 24-year old is currently with the England squad at St George’s Park.

It’s thought that large parts of his medical could be carried out at England’s training centre. The clubs are yet to confirm the development but it’s our understanding that an agreement between the two clubs has been reached this afternoon.

The fee is believed to be around £35m.

From SSN:

Can't really see why Chelsea need him though. Perhaps the sole reason is to deprive Arsenal earlier of one of their better players who, I seem to remember, wants to leave anyway. Think Arsenal are going to have a really crappy season this time round, just a hunch, mind you I did predict them dropping out of the Top 4 last season..

Can't really see why Chelsea need him though. Perhaps the sole reason is to deprive Arsenal earlier of one of their better players who, I seem to remember, wants to leave anyway. Think Arsenal are going to have a really crappy season this time round, just a hunch, mind you I did predict them dropping out of the Top 4 last season..

Chelsea need back-up/competition for Moses at right wing back. Oxlade-Chamberlain is probably one of the best options they can get for that right now.

Chelsea need back-up/competition for Moses at right wing back. Oxlade-Chamberlain is probably one of the best options they can get for that right now.

Isn't that Azpilicueta's main position ? Though he was just filling in at CB because of Cahill's sending off against Burnley. I mean I like Azpi (well for an ex OM man anyway) but he's really not a CB of any great standing.

Ox is quite versatile and can play in many positions.

Agree with both of you but the funny thing is that he supposedly wants to leave because he's not playing enough games in his favoured position.

Did we wrangle a sell on clause with Arsenal for Oxlade-Chamberlain?

It was rumoured Cortese insisted on all kinds of clauses when the 17 year old with one season of League One under his belt declared that he wanted to play Champions League and condemned his development to seven years of stagnation.

Isn't that Azpilicueta's main position ? Though he was just filling in at CB because of Cahill's sending off against Burnley. I mean I like Azpi (well for an ex OM man anyway) but he's really not a CB of any great standing.

He played CB with Cahill and Luiz, from the time they changed to 352 last September. That seemed to work out quite well, despite his lack of standing.

Ever since they changed to 3-5-2 near the start of last season Azpilicueta has played as one of the 3 centre-backs. He has only played at right wing back on occasion when Moses was unavailable or required to play further forward due to other players being unavailable there.

I'm sure that Conte wants someone who can play as a more attacking right wing back, similar to Moses, as backup/competition for the role. And of course Oxlade-Chamberlain can also fill in for various other positions if needed, as noted by others here.

That's a sign of deep, deep problems at Arsenal. If he were leaving to play more games he'd go to Everton or us.

He's probably leaving to maintain the standard of football to which he's been accustomed. Couldn't wait to dump us to get into that there Champion's League and now they're out of it with no guaranteed return at any time in the foreseeable future. This is a lesson to "big clubs" spend money to maintain your level or your players will desert you at the first oppotunity.

Me too exactly what we need useless in the air at the moment but until Gardos goes we wont recruit another centre half

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We've just signed a central defender who is reportedly excellent in the air. Did you miss that?

@JPercyTelegraph: Could be a big surprise at West Brom. In talks over a loan deal for PSG midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak. More on @TeleFootball #wba

I'd be very jealous of this :(

Lemina, Romeu and Krychowiak would be an unbelievable set of DM's to rotate

@JPercyTelegraph: Could be a big surprise at West Brom. In talks over a loan deal for PSG midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak. More on @TeleFootball #wba

as said before. they are looking good this window/season

Have WBA sold any of their star players to fund all this?

as said before. they are looking good this window/season

Have WBA sold any of their star players to fund all this?

Fund all what? Jay for 15, Burke for around 15. (they are up to fee's) Gibbs will be 4m ish, Zhang for £5m (no idea who he is tbf)

They've not spent any more than us. £15m on Hoedt, £18m on Lemina, £6m on Jan Bednarek

He's probably leaving to maintain the standard of football to which he's been accustomed. Couldn't wait to dump us to get into that there Champion's League and now they're out of it with no guaranteed return at any time in the foreseeable future. This is a lesson to "big clubs" spend money to maintain your level or your players will desert you at the first oppotunity.

Arsenal have spent plenty of money in the last few years. Their fall is down to how the place is run, not the numbers behind it.

Fund all what? Jay for 15, Burke for around 15. (they are up to fee's) Gibbs will be 4m ish, Zhang for £5m (no idea who he is tbf)

They've not spent any more than us. £15m on Hoedt, £18m on Lemina, £6m on Jan Bednarek

are our fees 'up to' also?

Me too exactly what we need useless in the air at the moment but until Gardos goes we wont recruit another centre half

He will likely go AND we wont recruit another CB.

Virgil, Hoot, Yoshi, JS and Jan is already enough.

He will likely go AND we wont recruit another CB.

Virgil, Hoot, Yoshi, JS and Jan is already enough.

Agreed but it was thinking us without VD and Bednarek will take a while uf he can make the grade uts a big ask.

Anyway I think it will be Yosh/Hoedt for a while as if VD stays will be a ages until we see him.