Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

another player seemingly favouring Liverpool......something in the water!!

Something in the pay packet!!

Sadly many modern footballers are out of touch with real life and have only one interest, how big is the wheelbarrow that they can carry their pay packet home in.

Premier League players hate Leicester it took away their " I want to play for a Champions League club.

Football is gradually imploding.

The sooner Sky pulls the plug the better for football in general.

Something in the pay packet!!

Sadly many modern footballers are out of touch with real life and have only one interest, how big is the wheelbarrow that they can carry their pay packet home in.

Premier League players hate Leicester it took away their " I want to play for a Champions League club.

Football is gradually imploding.

The sooner Sky pulls the plug the better for football in general.

He'll earn less at Liverpool than he could have earned at Arsenal. (If it's Chamberlain you're talking about)

He'll earn less at Liverpool than he could have earned at Arsenal. (If it's Chamberlain you're talking about)

Do you think that is true? He has not ever been a regular at Arsenal starting at most 50% of their games. Why would they make him one of their top earners?

Moving for 35 to 40 million will get him a nice big signing on fee and a big pay rise (as would be appropriate for a 35 million pound player.) I can't see Arsenal would give him that much of a pay rise as he is just a squad player?

Do you think that is true? He has not ever been a regular at Arsenal starting at most 50% of their games. Why would they make him one of their top earners?

Moving for 35 to 40 million will get him a nice big signing on fee and a big pay rise (as would be appropriate for a 35 million pound player.) I can't see Arsenal would give him that much of a pay rise as he is just a squad player?

I can't imagine he gets many cuddles off Arsene

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41098529

latest BBC article reckons Liverpool are paying £40 million for the Ox and he has turned down a 180K a week from arsenal for 120K a week at Liverpool.

I think it is down to position, he is sick of playing wing back, and conte was offering a wing back role. Klopp gave him a cuddle and told him he could play in the middle.

Very impressed by those WBA signings and if Swansea manage to get Sanches that will, for me, be the signing of the window given their size and the profile of player. If anyone had suggested Saints should/could sign either Krychowiak or Sanches they'd have been laughed at and told to lower their expectations and to be happy with the profile of player we end up getting. Maybe we could aim our sights a little higher going forward?

Would have liked either, but we did get Lemina for a big fee from Juventus, so not sure we'd consider a loan from Bayern or PSG setting our sights too high.

Do feel Sanches would be a big upgrade on Davis, and there's no doubt he'd give the fans a much needed boost. BUT, he doesn't score goals either, and one thing I do think our squad lacks is experience. Think maybe we've gone too far with the younger players on the way up, developing each season. Great strategy to have, but we could do with 1 or 2 more experienced heads, especially in attack.

Completely agree re signing a few more experienced players. Can't argue with Lemina as it was a big fee and he comes with great pedigree but I think it's fair to say that both Sanches and Krychowiak are more high profile and, at least at the start of the summer, would have been considered as out of our league. It's largely irrelevant to us as either would probably have been at the expense of Lemina but was more a general point that clubs that are considered smaller than us are managing to attract some very big name players this summer. Leicester getting Iheenacho another one that you wouldn't have thought likely at the start of the summer.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-newcastle-looking-to-hit-the-targett

Newcastle after Matty, I would be ok with him going on loan but I have always liked him and would be annoyed if we sold him.

This, also on SSN now as well. "..made an enquiry ..." - agree that HOPEFULLY a loan bid, not a purchase.

With Bertrand sucking on a lemon, maybe we should have gone for Kieran Gibbs?

This, also on SSN now as well. "..made an enquiry ..." - agree that HOPEFULLY a loan bid, not a purchase.

With Bertrand sucking on a lemon, maybe we should have gone for Kieran Gibbs?

Rafa Benitez has this morning made a loan enquiry for Southampton left back Matt Targett, according to Sky sources.

Says it's an enquiry for a loan in two posts on their live feed, so think we can rest assured that's the case...

BBC reporting that Wolves are in for Vietto on loan from Atletico.

Sky:

09:13

LIVERPOOL UPDATE

Vinny O’Connor is our man at Liverpool’s training ground. Here’s the latest “...We also expect the futures of Coutinho and Van Dijk to become clearer today."

No, really?!? :lol::mcinnes:

Edited by 5string

Rafa Benitez has this morning made a loan enquiry for Southampton left back Matt Targett, according to Sky sources.

Says it's an enquiry for a loan in two posts on their live feed, so think we can rest assured that's the case...

BBC reporting that Wolves are in for Vietto on loan from Atletico.

Would assume only a loan. Hasn't he just signed a new contract?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sky:

09:13

LIVERPOOL UPDATE

Vinny O’Connor is our man at Liverpool’s training ground. Here’s the latest “...We also expect the futures of Coutinho and Van Dijk to become clearer today."

No, really?!? :lol::mcinnes:

And Vinny O'Connor to be bored sh*tless whilst faking activity to endear himself to the inhabitants of self-pity city...

Brighton signing Ezequiel Schelotto, Italian right back from Sporting Lisbon. We were heavily linked with him a few years ago IIRC

Christ, I remember him. He was part of the Osvaldo deal to Inter wasn't he? But we ended up going for Tadier. |>

By all accounts, Schelotto is absolute garbage.