Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Saints: Commercial activities £12m, Matchday £19m

Man Utd: Commercial, merchandising and sponsorship £268m, Gate and matchday income £107m

We all know they're much bigger than us, but it's like an elephant and a flea. :(

18:04

CLUCAS UPDATE

An update now on Sam Clucas' proposed £16.5m move from Hull to Swansea.

Sky Sports News understands he is undergoing a medical at the Welsh club and the deal will be completed tomorrow.

Why are Swansea wasting almost £17m, yes, seventeen million....on sam ****ing clucas?

The world has officially stopped spinning.

Because they over paid for sigurdson and hull know it

You mean clubs know the fee they got for Siggy....

yeah, probably that. But I'd tell them to do one at that price. This is why I like our approach and always will prefer it, no matter what people say. Occasionally you'll need to buy British and over pay (as we did with Long at the time) but there are proper bargains out on the continent if you have a decent scouting network. (most at at least half the cost). Just feels wrong that Swansea are going to waste a good % of their Siggy fortune on Clucas. I thought he was a young player, but he's actually 26/27....!

Barca haven't gone away yet so it seems...

Barcelona are preparing a fourth bid for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho that could rise to £138m.

Sky Sports News understands that contrary to reports suggesting Barcelona and Coutinho are giving up hope of securing a move before the summer window closes, the Catalan club are preparing to test Liverpool's resolve once more with an initial payment of £101m up front - with £37m in bonuses.

Whilst the previous bid from Barca was labelled as about £112mil in the press, the rumoured structuring was embarrassing. Supposedly £80mil spread over 5 years, and then the rest made up in add-ons including 'winning the Champions League twice' and 'Winning the Ballon D'or and multiple trophies in the same season'. If I was a Liverpool fan and Barca offered £100mil for Coutinho i'd pack his bags and drop him off at the airport myself, but not in a deal structured as pathetically as that.

Also Barcelona have £200 million cash guaranteed because you can't structure buy outs deals any other way, PSG paid all that cash up front so a bit cheeky for them to go and over Liverpool the money over 5 years. Plus they clearly have space on the wage bill as I think Neymar was the second highest wage earner as well.

You mean clubs know the fee they got for Siggy....

yeah, probably that. But I'd tell them to do one at that price. This is why I like our approach and always will prefer it, no matter what people say. Occasionally you'll need to buy British and over pay (as we did with Long at the time) but there are proper bargains out on the continent if you have a decent scouting network. (most at at least half the cost). Just feels wrong that Swansea are going to waste a good % of their Siggy fortune on Clucas. I thought he was a young player, but he's actually 26/27....!

Yep agreed

Whilst the previous bid from Barca was labelled as about £112mil in the press, the rumoured structuring was embarrassing. Supposedly £80mil spread over 5 years, and then the rest made up in add-ons including 'winning the Champions League twice' and 'Winning the Ballon D'or and multiple trophies in the same season'. If I was a Liverpool fan and Barca offered £100mil for Coutinho i'd pack his bags and drop him off at the airport myself, but not in a deal structured as pathetically as that.

Is it just me that thinks Barca have really dropped a bollock here?

I know £198m seemed like a huge fee, but personally I thought he was worth that money at the time, even in the market prior to his sale, as he is a genuine top five player in the world. Every percentage improvement over your rival at that top end costs you a bloody fortune. But now, in the market post Neymar sale, Neymar looks almost a bargain if you are having to pay £120m for Couhtinho, who although excellent, really isn't as good or ever will be a good as Neymar.

Man City are trying to sign Espanyol defender Aaron Martin, reports Sport.

City have tracked the Spaniard, 20, for several months and are in negotiations with Espanyol after tabling a €20m bid.

Blimey, he's gone on to big things. Always thought it was a bit clumsy in my opinion. :scared:

OLIVER BURKE HAVING MEDICAL AT WBA

RP Leipzig winger Oliver Burke is on his way to West Bromwich Albion this evening to undergo a medical before a possible move to the Premier League, according to Sky sources.

Burke left Nottingham Forest for Germany last summer for £13m, and impressed in his first few appearances in the Bundesliga, before slipping down the pecking order. In total, he started just five league games last season.

Sky Sources understand the deal could cost West Brom up to £15m if he's transferred permanently, but a loan deal is also a possibility.

Eager to see how he does. Looked an awesome prospect at Forest.

I think Demari Grey from Leicester would be a signing we need.

Very quick, direct and very young. Huge potential there

He's exactly what I hoped Redmond would be for us.

Gray is excellent, would cost a lot of $$ though.

2016/17

Gray 30 Premier League games... 1 goal

Redmond 37 Premier League games... 7 goals

2016/17

Gray 30 Premier League games... 1 goal

Redmond 37 Premier League games... 7 goals

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Gray played the full 90 minutes... TWICE

Redmond played the full 90 24x

Gray played the equivalent of just 11 full games last season in the league.

Redmond got over 3x longer on the pitch and played a lot of games as our main striker when Puel decided he was the "new Henry"

Redmond got over 3x longer on the pitch and played a lot of games as our main striker when Puel decided he was the "new Henry"

so a player not good enough to force his way into a really poor Leicester side last season....

Not being able to hold down a place in the side is the new gold standard in judging player quality.

Which other fringe players from teams that finished below us should we be looking at?

He's exactly what I hoped Redmond would be for us.Gray is excellent, would cost a lot of $$ though.
Personally I think Redmond is a superb player and will be another to command a high fee when he leaves. I would like to see him in a more central attacking role, right up on the defenders shoulder to use his pace

"Chelsea and Liverpool look set to battle it out to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he turned down a new £180K a week deal at Arsenal."

Im glad we are not after him, massively overpaid player and what has he really done to deserve 180k a week?!

Personally I think Redmond is a superb player and will be another to command a high fee when he leaves. I would like to see him in a more central attacking role, right up on the defenders shoulder to use his pace
What has redmond done at saints thus far to be described as superb? He has potential but he's had an extended run in the team now and has been nothing special.

"Chelsea and Liverpool look set to battle it out to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he turned down a new £180K a week deal at Arsenal."

Im glad we are not after him, massively overpaid player and what has he really done to deserve 180k a week?!

Us "being after him" would make no difference whatsoever to the situation. He wants to go to a club that's at the top of the pile and just now that's not the case at either Arsenal or Southampton; People seem to have difficulty in understanding just to what extent ambition drives some people.