Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Drinkwater hands in transfer request.

Going to be a very interesting couple of days. So many 'big' issues unresolved for so many clubs all over Europe.

Sanchez, Mahrez, Mbape, Lemar, Coutinho, Virgil, Drinkwater, Evans......+ more i can't think of right now. This is right up sky's street.

You're just obsessed with signings. WBA will sell Evans, Chadli seems to have fallen out of favour, captain Fletcher fcked off, Rodriguez will get injured and/or be **** and they'll remain a tedious club. Christ, of all the clubs to be jealous of. Was bad enough when it was Stoke, Palace and West Ham.

If you were a WBA fan you'd be on their forum complaining about a lack of ambition and Fletcher preferring Stoke, signing Southampton reserves, losing Evans and replacing him on the cheap.

Now that post is truer than any I have ever read. Batman give it up your are as tiresome as the transfer window itself.

You're just obsessed with signings. .

Pot, kettle. Just the last 12 hours or so from you.

If Renato Sanchez is available he'd better not go to Swansea instead of here.

One player I saw a few times last season who I'd love us to sign is Thorgan Hazard. 24, winger or no10, scored 1 in 3 last season and seems to have improved. Seems like our sort of signing and would be a pretty exciting one.

Won't happen but would love to see Walcott back. Exactly what we need, isn't going to get games for Arsenal, won't be wanted by CL clubs. Just wages really.

Drinkwater hands in transfer request.

Going to be a very interesting couple of days. So many 'big' issues unresolved for so many clubs all over Europe.

Sanchez, Mahrez, Mbape, Lemar, Coutinho, Virgil, Drinkwater, Evans......+ more i can't think of right now. This is right up sky's street.

And hopefully a purple dildo as well

Edited by whelk

He's totally deluded. He wants to join someone who'll let him play in his self-declared "best position" in central midfield (disregarding the fact that he can't pass, tackle and has no interest in defensive duties).

Chelsea want him as a wing back. But he's not going to get in the Liverpool midfield either.

The only club gullible enough to give him a regular gig in the middle of the park is the one he's at now. Yet even Arsenal, who play right backs at left back and left backs at centre back and strikers as wingers, think it's a bit risky to play him in midfield. Even Arsenal.

If he was serious about his development, he'd lower his sights and join a club more befitting his current ability, where he might be able to develop, but he thought 30 games in League One made him a Champions League player, so I'm not sure humility is his strong suit.

Wasting his career. Made some money, got plenty of Instagram followers and sparkly earrings, but has barely made any progress as a player in the six/seven years since he left us.

The Sun linking PSG midfielder Gregorz Krychowiak with West Brom. Thats a player I would like to see us sign.

You really, really wouldn't, well not the bloke who turned out at PSG last season on occasions anyway. He may be good in fantasy football, he may have looked good in girls football in Spain but he was just atrocious last season.

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace are interested in Leicester winger Demarai Gray and have suggested a possible swap deal with Andros Townsend, according to Sky sources.

Frank de Boer wants Gray to bolster his options as he continues to develop a more progressive, passing style to the way Palace play. But Leicester are adamant they don't want to sell Gray, and are currently negotiating a new contract with the England under-21 international.

Craig Shakespeare likes Townsend, and Leicester spoke to Palace about him earlier in the window, but we understand the asking price of over £25m was too much for Leicester to consider, and they've moved on.

Leicester rejected a bid of £20m from Bournemouth for Gray earlier in this window.

NAHKI WELLS TO BURNLEY?

Sky sources are telling us that Burnley and Huddersfield are close to a deal that will see Nahki Wells move to Turf Moor.

Following on from the departure of Andre Gray and the arrival of Chris Wood, Sean Dyche is looking for a different option to Wood, Sam Vokes and Jonathan Walters.

Earlier this summer Huddersfield boss David Wagner admitted he was open to offers for Wells who scored 10 goals in their promotion season.

The 27 year old is currently recovering from ankle surgery and has slipped down the pecking order at Huddersfield following the signing of Steve Mounie.

Have Liverpool been tapping up the Ox then...

How else would he know about their interest and what they will offer him.

Imagine both Arsenal and Chelsea are both pretty annoyed right now!

Agent.... All this tapping up nonsense is ridiculous, we live in a free world and if some Liverpool exec wants to tell Ox's agent what they could in theory offer him if they were willing etc then no-one can stop them.

Holy f*ck

Renato Sanches to Swansea is back on.

Sky sources understand Paul Clement’s side are close to agreeing a deal to sign the Portugal international on loan from Bayern Munich.

The Swans made an audacious bid to sign Sanches earlier this summer via Clement's links to his former Bundesliga club.

It was thought the deal had broken down but it appears Sanches could yet be confirmed as a Swans player before the deadline.

Sanches is a confusing one. Seems shocking at first, I'd be chuffed if we signed him. But then, he scored no goals for Bayern. Could we fit another non scoring midfielder in? Does he look like someone who'll become a potential goal threat?

I realise beyond a couple of games for Portugal, most my experience of him is from FIFA.

Still, good signing for Swansea either way.

'Scored no goals for Bayern Munich' is still a pretty good CV entry!

He struggled to get games before then signed Rodriguez so no chance now. Guess a loan and decent premier league season and suddenly he'd be worth a fortune again.

Unless of course he's like Imbula, big money move to Inter, then to Stoke and now I see that he's on loan at Toulouse for the season, big step forwards, 2 giant steps backwards. Were not some keen on signing him for Saints at one time. Good enough player, lamentable attitude apparently, what can you expect from Marseille though.

Unless of course he's like Imbula, big money move to Inter, then to Stoke and now I see that he's on loan at Toulouse for the season, big step forwards, 2 giant steps backwards. Were not some keen on signing him for Saints at one time. Good enough player, lamentable attitude apparently, what can you expect from Marseille though.

I don't recall Imbula playing for Inter? Didn't Stoke sign him from Porto?

Don't think Sanches is all that. Sort of signing rivals will wet themselves and meltdown over for 2 weeks but by the end of November nobody will care.

Just a classic case of a big club gambling on someone and it not working out. In the meantime his reputation has aoared and its seen as a coup for smaller clubs to get him.

Eventually players find their level and a fine example of this is Shaqiri. Came with all the excitement and hype (including myself) but looking back on it there's a reason other big clubs saw his stint at Bayern and decided against it. He's gone to Stoke and found his level.

Same could be happening here. If Sanches is sooo good and available why aren't Liverpool or someone else all over him. There's no way its just a gift from Ancelotti to Clement as if it was it woupd have happened ages ago. Much more likely Sanches has said, give it until the end and if it's still the only option and I'm not in the first team then fine.

We do this too by the way with Lemina, Hoijberg etc. Get these players that haven't made it at top clubs. The trick is to sign them permanently and back your club to improve them so you reel in the benefits (good performances and money if it works out)...not on loan so he has no ties to them at the end of it and can drop off performance wise if he doesn't fancy it.

Sky sources understand Liverpool have agreed a fee with Arsenal to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

We understand the deal is worth in the region of £35m.

The two clubs came to an agreement in the last hour.

The 24-year-old, who is currently with England at St George’s Park, will shortly undergo a medical.

Personal terms are yet to be agreed but it’s expected they won’t be a problem. It is likely to be a six-year deal.

Yes you're absolutely right, was getting him mixed up with Kondogbia who's in about the same situation or thereabouts. Big star in French football and then a steady downhill progression afterwards.

I've always like Kondogbia to be honest. Thought he looked really good for Valencia against Real at the weekend. Powerhouse of a midfielder.

So in effect, we're going to get money from Liverpool in this window whatever happens. They can't help themselves.

Who needs a sugar daddy when you have Liverpool.

If that is the case we should put out a statement saying that we were going to have to sell VVD for the money, but thanks to Liverpool's purchase of Ox-C we no longer need to.

Fabian Delph turns down Stoke move to fight for Manchester City spot: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/30/fabian-delph-turns-stoke-move-fight-manchester-city-spot/

Optimistic, I'd say.

Easy money though isn't it. He's on upwards of 80k to do pretty much nothing. He seems that sort of guy to me, not bothered about playing, just wants the money.

Easy money though isn't it. He's on upwards of 80k to do pretty much nothing. He seems that sort of guy to me, not bothered about playing, just wants the money.

Remember that summer rejected City & said he'd stay at Villa, then did a "180" and signed anyway :D

Remember that summer he said he'd stay at Villa, then did a "180" and signed anyway :D

That was incredible really. The only reason he did the original u-turn was because City withdrew their interest. Then once they came back in again, he flip flopped again. He deserves all the abuse he gets from Villa fans.

Talented young CB. They've been after him all summer haven't they? I'm sure I read they'd pulled out of it in July.

Cheers - one from their black box? Always like to see what our ex manager and potentially our ex head of recruitment* are getting upto.

*thats dependant on how long this one has been in the "pipeline"

Cheers - one from their black box? Always like to see what our ex manager and potentially our ex head of recruitment* are getting upto.

*thats dependant on how long this one has been in the "pipeline"

TBF, Paul Mitchell has long gone hasn't he? Sure he's unemployed now...