Silva sacked at Watford

eurosaint

I don’t hate him, but he’s taken one club down and been sacked from another.

He isn’t a good football manager. Our board already decided that thankfully in the summer, so no chance of us going for him.

Not true, our board though Tuchel was a better option. I know at least 1 board member was very keen on him (Silva). Wouldn’t be surprised if he is our manager by the time we play Watford and I think he’ll do a decent job with us.

Had an instant positive impact at Hull and the same with Watford. Who knows if Everton job distracted him, clearly more than meets the eye there, but our squad is much better than Watford’s.

I think he’d keep us up.

Having taken Hull down last season, he was taking Watford down too.

And yet our moronic fans want this fraud to take over, having just been taught a lesson in management by Claude Puel.

If he comes in, relegation would be guaranteed.

Lol is that how it works in your world if a manager wins against another he is clearly better than the other one?

Well cast your mind back just under a month to December the 26th when Watford beat your love of your life Puels Leicester?

OMG.. Does not compute....does not compute...does not compute.....

Idiot

Lol is that how it works in your world if a manager wins against another he is clearly better than the other one?

Well cast your mind back just under a month to December the 26th when Watford beat your love of your life Puels Leicester?

OMG.. Does not compute....does not compute...does not compute.....

Idiot

Puel wins on aggregate

Go on, go and reply to everyone else who doesn’t want him. I’m not the only saying it. Or can’t you read? Are they trolling too?

Opinions are fair enough but you obsess about Silva and a Puel in an irrational attention seeking way. No doubt your belief but it is not like others saying it.

Having taken Hull down last season, he was taking Watford down too.

And yet our moronic fans want this fraud to take over, having just been taught a lesson in management by Claude Puel.

If he comes in, relegation would be guaranteed.

To be fair you wanted Nigel Adkins (how’s he doing at Hull, BTW), so I don’t see how you could possibly turn your nose up at anyone :lol:

Posting an unpopular opinion isn’t trolling. If you’re unwilling to debate then that says more about your lack of intelligence than it does mine.

Hmm I accept you are not trolling but I do wonder why you dislike him so.

I don't think he is a Mesiah by any stretch but I was impressed with the way he almost saved Hull and took them to the LC semis (I know Puel went one better) where they gave United a good couple of games.

Plus he is leaving a basket case of a club in a top half position (i know not by many points but the same could be said of Puel's 8th place).

Under the circumstances we are under with those saying MP should say because there is no one better available I would hope the Board are at least giving this development some consideration. Needs must and all that.

Agree.

Possibly but will we ever know?

He is an okay manager as has been shown this season, started well and won a few but went on a run of

losing 8 out of 10 i think, I'm sure someone will qualify that or correct it

No better than Puel but most likely better than Pellegrino

Hmm I accept you are not trolling but I do wonder why you dislike him so.

I don't think he is a Mesiah by any stretch but I was impressed with the way he almost saved Hull and took them to the LC semis (I know Puel went one better) where they gave United a good couple of games.

Plus he is leaving a basket case of a club in a top half position (i know not by many points but the same could be said of Puel's 8th place).

Under the circumstances we are under with those saying MP should say because there is no one better available I would hope the Board are at least giving this development some consideration. Needs must and all that.

If he gets the team to attack and gives them their confidence and belief back, then fine, we’ll do well.

My worry is that doesn’t tend to stick around very long, isn’t very loyal, and completely lost the dressing room at Watford.

I just don’t think he’d be a good fit for us at all. The way Watford capitulated after Everton came in for him is a massive concern. If he can’t even motivate himself, how can he motivate the players?

If he gets the team to attack and gives them their confidence and belief back, then fine, we’ll do well.

My worry is that doesn’t tend to stick around very long, isn’t very loyal, and completely lost the dressing room at Watford.

I just don’t think he’d be a good fit for us at all. The way Watford capitulated after Everton came in for him is a massive concern. If he can’t even motivate himself, how can he motivate the players?

Capitulated?

They are 10th ffs

I'm another in camp where i'm not sure Silva would be the answer. There has obviously been a lot going on since Everton tried tapping him up and if his head has been in Merseyside much like so many of our players then i wouldn't want him here.

I'm as desperate as the next man for us to sack MP...but Silva is not the answer in my opinion. We as fans are just so desperate at the moment that many are not thinking clearly and almost anyone but MP will do!

You guys have got to kidding, he has had 2 terrible runs in consecutive seasons. MP might not be good but Silva is not the answer.

It's interesting..he has flattered to deceive a bit.

At Hull he certainly got them to be better than they were but still went down.

At Watford, they were flying at the start of the season (hence the league position now) but their form, has almost been as bad as ours in the last 10 games.

The injury to Chalabah has hurt them a lot but obviously their board aren't happy... For me the jury is still out on him.

I don’t hate him, but he’s taken one club down and been sacked from another.

He isn’t a good football manager. Our board already decided that thankfully in the summer, so no chance of us going for him.

Not sure about that. If the bits and bobs from the itks are correct we considered him only to put all our eggs in the Tuchel basket and, by the time we'd been turned down by Tuchel, Watford went for Silva. I'm convinced Silva would have been higher on our list than Pellegrino. If we sack Pell I'd expect Silva to be very near the top of who we want next.

At Watford and Hull he got off to a very good start. After today we have 14 games left. We only need him to get a good start and we will stay up.

Not worried about him hanging around, nobody else does. You must have noticed that.

More to this than results, apparently relations with the club have been very fraught since the failed Everton approach. Silva making it clear he wanted out (which was pretty bad form on his part, seeing as he'd just gone there), but Watford not agreeing the compo. Writing was on the wall after that, the squad and his eyes were taken off the ball. Little convo with the club after this, some of the transfer moves they are making weren't discussed with him.

Pretty sure this is a mutual departure though.

A manager who is 10th in the league with an inferior squad to us who also got to the league Cup semi final. Almost kept a Hull side up that are an the verge of relegation to league 1.

Is somehow of good enough for us right now?

The same would have bee said about Roy, moyes and fat Sam. All doing fine!

At Watford and Hull he got off to a very good start. After today we have 14 games left. We only need him to get a good start and we will stay up.

Not worried about him hanging around, nobody else does. You must have noticed that.

If he gets the team to attack then we will do OK.

I think his loyalty is a concern though, and the way he handled things after Everton came in for him was dreadful.

Great record at Estoril, Olympiakos and Sporting with win rates over 50 at all (considerably better than MoPe). 10th place with that Watford team and an injury list as long as your arm is not to be sniffed at either. His start at Hull was also incredible, it tailed off admittedly, but all of that is still a considerable upgrade on our current 'manager's' (and I use that term loosely) record.

I'm another in camp where i'm not sure Silva would be the answer. There has obviously been a lot going on since Everton tried tapping him up and if his head has been in Merseyside much like so many of our players then i wouldn't want him here.

I'm as desperate as the next man for us to sack MP...but Silva is not the answer in my opinion. We as fans are just so desperate at the moment that many are not thinking clearly and almost anyone but MP will do!

3 sides to every story i guess.

Was a lot of noise after the Everton approach and some saying Watford had renegaded on a verbal "gentleman's agreement"

Weve seen how these gentlemens can cause discontent.

Watford were favourites for relegation, he had them 10th even with the poor recent run.

His football style is decent, his potential is still huge.

Hes the manager we should have appointed after Koeman left.

Hes possibly has too much about him for Reed however, think big Leslie likes em submissive.

Posting an unpopular opinion isn’t trolling. If you’re unwilling to debate then that says more about your lack of intelligence than it does mine.
Don't waste your time on whelk. I am with you in thinking we should aim to do a lot better than Silva. But if he comes he comes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think his loyalty is a concern though, and the way he handled things after Everton came in for him was dreadful.

Stay up first, worry about loyalty next year. Give him a Moyes type contract if we're that concerned but don't pretend he isn't an upgrade. He is. And has proved it.

What did he do then? He was still at Watford? If they way he handled things was dreadful why did he not rock up at Everton?

Don't waste your time on whelk. I am with you in thinking we should aim to do a lot better than Silva. But if he comes he comes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We are third bottom of the prem, aiming to do a lot better is out of our hands. I can't see Hiddink breaking his back to get the job or for Pep to sack off City do you? Beggars can't be choosers!

I have hoped he would come to us after seeing him work miracles at Estoril. The football here he played was exciting and successful. I don’t doubt he will be off as and when a bigger job came along but he needs to stay longer than 6 months in a job now after Hull and Watford. Get him in.

3 sides to every story i guess.

Was a lot of noise after the Everton approach and some saying Watford had renegaded on a verbal "gentleman's agreement"

Weve seen how these gentlemens can cause discontent.

Watford were favourites for relegation, he had them 10th even with the poor recent run.

His football style is decent, his potential is still huge.

Hes the manager we should have appointed after Koeman left.

Hes possibly has too much about him for Reed however, think big Leslie likes em submissive.

Can you post anything without mentioning Reed?

You are so obsessed and should be worried about it.

He clearly has hurt you in a big way somehow and probably nothing but to do with SFC, it just gives you the outlet.

Get help mate!!!

Bring him in til end of season, give the team a 'new manager' boost - he seems to do that well. Make it clear he's a stop-gap, but with rewards if he succeeds in keeping us up.

Meantime, look for a proper long-term solution to our recent managerial issues.

Not for me. He's taken one team down and showed a lack of professionalism at the other in this country. We'd be utterly naive to think he'd be any different here. One patch of form has given him a reputation he hasn't earnt.

I'd be shocked if his spell at Watford of 23 games has made us want someone we hardly showed any interest in before.

Can you post anything without mentioning Reed?

You are so obsessed and should be worried about it.

He clearly has hurt you in a big way somehow and probably nothing but to do with SFC, it just gives you the outlet.

Get help mate!!!

Why shouldn't he mention Reed, he's one of the main failures happening at this club at the moment