Silva sacked at Watford

eurosaint

Can you post anything without mentioning Reed?

You are so obsessed and should be worried about it.

He clearly has hurt you in a big way somehow and probably nothing but to do with SFC, it just gives you the outlet.

Get help mate!!!

I'm the last person to leap in and defend Glasgow, but the common denominator in the past two seasons decline involves Les Reed - he has to be mentioned when you try to work out how the Club has fallen so far.

Shows how bad our present manager is that this bloke is an upgrade. Did no better job than the previous 2 Watford managers, and their season was only heading one way. Beggars can’t be choosers. Wouldn’t be my choice, but if it lifted the atmosphere a bit could be the way forward. We need to pull together and this could be the means to that end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm the last person to leap in and defend Glasgow, but the common denominator in the past two seasons decline involves Les Reed - he has to be mentioned when you try to work out how the Club has fallen so far.

but weirdly gets little credit for the several seasons before that which was always someone else.

That is pretty mental by Watford.

On Sky Italia they showed the table from last year over the same dates. I forget we only won 7 of our first 23 games (30%) which makes MPs 4 (17%) look absolute dire!

What was also interesting is if we put our points into the table from last year we would have been 15th. Which goes to show how crap everyone was last season.

Why shouldn't he mention Reed, he's one of the main failures happening at this club at the moment

Because what he posts is ******. How does Reed like them submissive with appointments such as Koeman and Posh?? But then again, facts aren't his strong suit.

Having taken Hull down last season

Poch got relegated with Espanyol. (Just saying).

I'd be very surprised if this news hasn't got tounges wagging at the club....

Well, he ticks the boxes (he's free!) We have been presented a chance here to (arguably) unite the fan-base during a season where it's largely fragmented.

I remember reports about him favouring us over Watford, but we were still dithering at the time.

Because what he posts is ******. How does Reed like them submissive with appointments such as Koeman and Posh?? But then again, facts aren't his strong suit.

Poch was appointed by NC, not Reed.

Reed and Koeman had a very strained relationship, to say the least.

If you’re going to try and make someone look silly, at least get your facts right yourself.

Reed didn't appoint Poch - Cortese did. If you read Pochettino's book he barely mentions Les Reed (apart from him being in a meeting with Cortese) so you can't credit Reed with "appointing" Poch - he didn't.

That is pretty mental by Watford.

On Sky Italia they showed the table from last year over the same dates. I forget we only won 7 of our first 23 games (30%) which makes MPs 4 (17%) look absolute dire!

What was also interesting is if we put our points into the table from last year we would have been 15th. Which goes to show how crap everyone was last season.

We finished 8th ya know.

If we don't change the manager, we will be relegated. There is absolutely no reason to think Pellegrino has the skill set to turn this around. Maybe Silva won't keep us up. But I refuse to believe that there isn't a manager somewhere in the league/country/world that could get us the 4/5 wins needed to save us. In fact, I believe there are probably several such managers. I can't understand why we wouldn't at least role the dice on someone like Silva. Worst thing that happens is we continue not getting any points and still get relegated. At the very least we should offer him a deal with a get out clause if we go down, and a bonus if we stay up. Beggars belief that some fans wouldn't want that.

Id be willing to give Big Les a fresh start if he signs Promes, Silva & 1 or 2 more players this next week.

This is a golden opportunity for Les and the club to salvage this heavy decline and save our season.

One of our biggest weeks ahead for years....time for Les to step up and deliver.

SILVA IN!!

Poch got relegated with Espanyol. (Just saying).

Well, he ticks the boxes (he's free!) We have been presented a chance here to (arguably) unite the fan-base during a season where it's largely fragmented.

I remember reports about him favouring us over Watford, but we were still dithering at the time.

It would give the majority fan base (and probably the players) a huge boost, particularly with a couple of quality signings. Would Silva want to come here though? Would he want to bounce straight back into work so soon after todays events? Big Fat Sam is probably feeling a bit less secure in the Toffee job after this announcement.

Id be willing to give Big Les a fresh start if he signs Promes, Silva & 1 or 2 more players this next week.

This is a golden opportunity for Les and the club to salvage this heavy decline and save our season.

One of our biggest weeks ahead for years....time for Les to step up and deliver.

SILVA IN!!

What happens when the momentum is downwards? Can a good manager immediately halt the decline?

I wanted him in the summer. Not sure now, hard to see Allardyce staying at Everton long term, they wanted Silva and Silva wanted them, say we hire Silva now and then BFS leaves Everton in the summer, Silva would be straight out the door

A short term contract until the end of the season might suit both parties then?

Christ the Puel stuff is tedious.

Why do some, and not just Saints fans, struggle with the difference between 'X did a poor job at this club' and 'X is a rubbish manager'?

Puel seemed to have done alright in some jobs before. He did a poor job here and got sacked. Maybe that made him reassess a few things, or maybe he's just having a better run of a form with a squad that won the premier league. Who knows. I wish him well but don't especially care how Leicester do...although normally I'd be wanting to be above them.

We watch Saints and talk about Saints so why you'd judge on anything except someone's time here is beyond me. He struggled, we went backwards. It wasn't a disaster, just a decline. This season is the disaster and the fault lies purely with the poor managerial pick in Pellegrino, and the failure to rectify it when painfully obvious it's been a disaster.

but he didn't do a poor job. He may have overseen a team who couldn't put the ball in the net in the last home games, but he got us to a cup final eating top opposition on the way. (only 2 other managers in modern history have done this)

Having taken Hull down last season, he was taking Watford down too.

And yet our moronic fans want this fraud to take over, having just been taught a lesson in management by Claude Puel.

If he comes in, relegation would be guaranteed.

Without getting into the specifics of whether I'd like him here or not, his form with Hull would've kept them up if applied pro-rata over the season....and that was with an absolute *garbage* squad.

And yet our moronic fans want this fraud to take over, having just been taught a lesson in management by Claude Puel.

Think it’s guaranteed anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christ the Puel stuff is tedious.

Why do some, and not just Saints fans, struggle with the difference between 'X did a poor job at this club' and 'X is a rubbish manager'?

Puel seemed to have done alright in some jobs before. He did a poor job here and got sacked. Maybe that made him reassess a few things, or maybe he's just having a better run of a form with a squad that won the premier league. Who knows. I wish him well but don't especially care how Leicester do...although normally I'd be wanting to be above them.

We watch Saints and talk about Saints so why you'd judge on anything except someone's time here is beyond me. He struggled, we went backwards. It wasn't a disaster, just a decline. This season is the disaster and the fault lies purely with the poor managerial pick in Pellegrino, and the failure to rectify it when painfully obvious it's been a disaster.

Is it really that hard to understand that if we had stuck with Puel we would very likely have 30+ points now?

He didn't do a bad enough job to be sacked.

MoPe has done a plenty bad enough job to be sacked. I'm all for supporting managers through tough times in the aim of long term improvement. But not at the cost of relegation in the process.

That's a fair comment Dodds, even Cortese acknowledged Reed's role in the Club's rise. He's royally stuffed up since Koeman though.

When did the take over stuff start? It does feel like the protracted take over by the Chinese started to impact the club with uncertainty hanging over everything. But yeah our recent transfer windows have been **** poor in hindsight.

but he didn't do a poor job. He may have overseen a team who couldn't put the ball in the net in the last home games, but he got us to a cup final eating top opposition on the way. (only 2 other managers in modern history have done this)

Last home games? .we scored 17 goals at home all season! Without wanting to detract from the cup run...it was two games against Liverpool all the others including Arsenal were against reserve sides.

He also just threw away a chance of a repeat apparence in the same competition by playing a weakened side against a Man City Youth team.

Without getting into the specifics of whether I'd like him here or not, his form with Hull would've kept them up if applied pro-rata over the season....and that was with an absolute *garbage* squad.

His win percentage at Hull was the same as Puels win percentage here.

36% at Southampton = World class manager

36% at Hull = fraud

Southampton had a far far better squad, had just finished 6th in the league. Hull were on the back of 1 win in 20 and club in crisis with a horrendous squad.

Pamplemousse is NOT a troll, no siree.

When did the take over stuff start? It does feel like the protracted take over by the Chinese started to impact the club with uncertainty hanging over everything. But yeah our recent transfer windows have been **** poor in hindsight.

First press report was 2nd November 2016. No doubt it started a lot earlier.

The only top opposition he beat was Liverpool, who were on a poor run of form themselves. Yes it was great to get to a cup final but this is also the manager who lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal reserves in the FA Cup.

He largely did a poor job. We scored 3 goals from open play in 16 home league games. That says quite a lot about about how we played under him.

That makes no sense.

Last season they played each other once when Hull drew at ours (0-0)

This season they played twice Leicester 2-0 and Watford 2-1

How is that being taught a lesson exactly? Or does 1 goal difference make you either a genius or a fool?

Ok Les get him in but be aware that if it doesn't work more explicit language will

be coming your way on here

No, in my book Reed get's a belated chance to redeem himself by booting Pellegrino, appointing someone like Silva and getting 2 or 3 quality players in. If that happens and we are still relegated then Reed will be canned for dithering but he will get some credits for doing something decisive at the 11th hour.

Had a quick gander on Grand Old Team to see what the dugouts think of it.

There is a comment saying that's what Watford deserve for ignoring the pecking order of the league. Also nearly all of them calling for Allardyce out and Silva in - worth noting Allardyce was booed yesterday.

Is there a more odious team in English football?

That's a fair comment Dodds, even Cortese acknowledged Reed's role in the Club's rise. He's royally stuffed up since Koeman though.

First press report was 2nd November 2016. No doubt it started a lot earlier.

So Koeman left June 2016 so its possible (though of course I have no proof) that the decline could have been created by the protracted take over that caused uncertainty around the club and a general lack of focus from Les and co.

Edited by doddisalegend

If we don't change the manager, we will be relegated. There is absolutely no reason to think Pellegrino has the skill set to turn this around. Maybe Silva won't keep us up. But I refuse to believe that there isn't a manager somewhere in the league/country/world that could get us the 4/5 wins needed to save us. In fact, I believe there are probably several such managers. I can't understand why we wouldn't at least role the dice on someone like Silva. Worst thing that happens is we continue not getting any points and still get relegated. At the very least we should offer him a deal with a get out clause if we go down, and a bonus if we stay up. Beggars belief that some fans wouldn't want that.

Couldn't agree more.

Not totally convinced by Silva, but we're in a situation where probably only a change of manager will lift the negative atmosphere around our club – not to mention the dire performances! – and, on that basis, I reckon he could be the best of the realistic choices available. A good performance and result today would cloud the issue, though.

At least we will have tried something. I'd accept relegation if we take some steps to try and stop what is happening. Leaving things as they are at the moment is just irresponsible.
which is exactly what he likes of Adam Blackmore want us to do. he hardly entertains the idea of replacing MP. Even Matt Le Tissier scoffed at fans not so long ago who wanted MP out. he has gone very quiet since but still hardlh/not backing the idea for Pellegrino to be sacked.

get behind the club and manager etc

Edited by Batman

A short term contract until the end of the season might suit both parties then?

That's how I'm feeling about it. Given that he evidently isn't the most loyal of blokes (I know, I know, who is? But there are varying degrees of disloyalty), I wouldn't want us to commit long term (~3 years), which he may not be enthusiastic about (from a financial standpoint), but just stick a large survival bonus on a 6/18 month contract.

which is exactly what he likes of Adam Blackmore want us to do. he hardly entertains the idea of replacing MP. Even Matt Le Tissier scoffed at fans not so long ago who wanted MP out. he has gone very quiet since but still hardlh/not backing the idea for Pellegrino to be sacked.

get behind the club and manager etc

:lol: gobbledygook.