Silva sacked at Watford

eurosaint

He went there in about November though, still left a significant chunk of the season to turn things round. And a transfer window.

Another well done shout out to Les.

Nope. Joined in January after hull won just one league game in the previous 18 (that one win was against us)

Silva somehow gave them a sniff of survival and won 6 games including a 2-0 win over Liverpool.

Hull were dead (worse than we are now) had a shoe string squad and a owner that didn't give a **** (sound familiar?) the fact he gave them even a glimmer of hope was superb

Nope. Joined in January after hull won just one league game in the previous 18 (that one win was against us)

Silva somehow gave them a sniff of survival and won 6 games including a 2-0 win over Liverpool.

Hull were dead (worse than we are now) had a shoe string squad and a owner that didn't give a **** (sound familiar?) the fact he gave them even a glimmer of hope was superb

Okay, stand corrected.

Although I'm sure he still had some of the transfer window available to him.

I think it's just too late now...from the point of view of incoming managers.

They'd have such little time to make an impact and turn things around. It would be a massive, massive risk for someone to come in now...unless they were truely desparate for work. I suspect Silva isn't - he'll surely pick up a decent job in the summer? Everton perhaps.

He went to Hull when they were practically relegated.

When he joined on 5 Jan they were 3 points from safety, if that’s “practically relegated” I’m a chinaman. They actually ended up 6 points from safety, further from safety then when he started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When he joined on 5 Jan they were 3 points from safety, if that’s “practically relegated” I’m a chinaman. They actually ended up 6 points from safety, further from safety then when he started.

Would you rather continue with MP or take a punt (might not work, but at least we can say we tried) with Silva?

Interesting.....

Puel final 18 games picked up 22 points W6D4L8

Silva after taking over a side with 1 win in 18 + goal difference of -27 managed 21 points W6D3L9

Compare the squads, resources + situation when each took over.....

Yes Glasgow, but to the long ball physical Luddites on here, Silva (with his tremendously bang average record and routine sackings) is the Messiah.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes Glasgow, but to the long ball physical Luddites on here, Silva (with his tremendously bang average record and routine sackings) is the Messiah.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Agreed don’t see the big deal with Silva at all.

Interesting.....

Silva after taking over a side with 1 win in 18 + goal difference of -27 managed 21 points W6D3L9

It would have been 24 - 20 if Tadic wasn't so **** at penalties...

Edited by doddisalegend

Interesting.....

So Puel is better than Silva. Thx. Got it!

Agreed don’t see the big deal with Silva at all.

I don't see the big deal with Puel but there are some who cream their pants at the mention of his name still - he should never have been appointed and our stock was the highest its been yet we went cheap and untried outside of his own country something they said they wouldn't consider!

Silva ain't coming in and nor is anyone else.

but wasn't safety in his hands a couple of games to go, and then they they lost/drew a game that they should have won to make them safe. This opened the door for Swansea to survive???

I don't see the big deal with Puel but there are some who cream their pants at the mention of his name still - he should never have been appointed and our stock was the highest its been yet we went cheap and untried outside of his own country something they said they wouldn't consider!

Silva ain't coming in and nor is anyone else.

Yep. Les dropped a huge bollock. We were, after the big 6 and the big famous European teams, probably the most attractive club to manage or play for and we brought in Puel. Still can't quite believe it. All down hill since then.

So he failed to keep them up?

We don't need a glimmer of hope. We need to stay up, courageous losers and not what we need right now.

So he failed to keep them up?

We don't need a glimmer of hope. We need to stay up, courageous losers and not what we need right now.

Is that not exactly what Puel is? So many seem to be referring to that cup final we lost as some sort of success.

Long term Silva may, or may not be the answer, but if you don't think he'd be an improvement on MP, you've lost your mind.

Is that not exactly what Puel is? So many seem to be referring to that cup final we lost as some sort of success.

Long term Silva may, or may not be the answer, but if you don't think he'd be an improvement on MP, you've lost your mind.

Not talking about Puel either. He's just MP with better defensive coaching abilities. I want Saints to bring in somebody to keep us up. Puel, MoPe and Silva are not up to the job.

If that makes me "triggered" or whatever the trolls now post for larks then so be it.

Yep. Les dropped a huge bollock. We were, after the big 6 and the big famous European teams, probably the most attractive club to manage or play for and we brought in Puel. Still can't quite believe it. All down hill since then.

He didn't say that though, did he. The only thing that you are right about is that it's been all down hill since appointing Puel.

We would have been pretty attractive to manage at that time, EL football (for the second year running), just finished 6th and an established PL team

but wasn't safety in his hands a couple of games to go, and then they they lost/drew a game that they should have won to make them safe. This opened the door for Swansea to survive???

Exactly.

3 points from safety in Jan, relegated 6 points adrift. Yet the story some are selling is that they were down & out, and he did remarkable job nearly keeping them up. His spell and Watford was on a par with the 2 previous managers, both judged as failures.

Exactly.

3 points from safety in Jan, relegated 6 points adrift. Yet the story some are selling is that they were down & out, and he did remarkable job nearly keeping them up. His spell and Watford was on a par with the 2 previous managers, both judged as failures.

If you had to pick one to take charge of the remaining games, who would it be Pellegrino or Silva?

Absolutely no contest is it - Silva............

Expecting Duckhunter to completely avoid the question...

But yes, you're right, Silva comfortably. Like him or not, he is clearly better than MP and would have been a better appointment in the summer.

Expecting Duckhunter to completely avoid the question...

But yes, you're right, Silva comfortably. Like him or not, he is clearly better than MP and would have been a better appointment in the summer.

How do you know this for sure?

Alan Ball, fantastic manager for us, not so great at City. Strachan, great for us, not so much at Boro etc.

I don't doubt Silva is the better manager, but he conceivably could have been worse or no better than MoPe. We needed a manager in the tier above these two.

Yes, but the real question is "if you had to pay £6M to cut Pellegrino loose plus a signing on fee to Silva to bring him in, would you still do it even if there was no guarantee of survival?"

If the board are worried about that, despite having c.£50m of VvD money left over, we’re in deep trouble.

PL survival is worth a lot more than £6m and that’s looking ever unlikely with every week that passes with MP in charge.

Yes. If you're very likely to get relegated and lose what, £100m, surely you'd roll the dice with £10m.

Thinking we'd stay up under Pellegrino would mean ignoring the evidence of August to March. It's become increasingly ludicrous all season. Yet there always seem to be some who just think it'll magically turn round and be ok. It has never been ok. We've been incredibly consistent in our style and performance this season, or lack of.

He has drummed into the players a crablike indifference to moving forward with any pace or attempting to actually win games of football. I can't stand the man for this reason.

Exactly.

I thought points total was completely and utterly irrelevant? its hard to keep up when youre flipping and flapping all over the shop.....

I thought Silva did Ok at Hull considering they sold their top scorer, their fans were certainly keen to keep him on.

He also at least has a record of achievement prior to Hull so obviously has something about him unlike our clown who has achieved next to nothing.

They’re clearly relevant when debating whether you “nearly avoided relegation”.

Silva or Pellegrino... or are you going to continue dodging the question?

Emery, a supposed target before is supposedly getting sacked imminently...

We’ll almost certainly be interested, as will a number of other teams, probably Everton. If we can get him we will, but I don’t think we will be able to now.

He wanted Chris Coleman before the Puel appointment......ffs

Love the way you’ve gone back through my posts, bloody must have taken a long time. However you should have gone back a bit further. You’d then have seen that my post “ Chris Coleman” was a guess after this post, as opposed to a choice.

d5617ddffd2c91e01d7a2f04efbc3364.jpg

What was my choice instead of Koeman, to save you trawling through anymore, I’ve done it for you. Note, not Coleman.

7ae3a6c0858a509618d3bddc2311dfea.jpg

Edited by Lord Duckhunter