Silva sacked at Watford

eurosaint

which is exactly what he likes of Adam Blackmore want us to do. he hardly entertains the idea of replacing MP. Even Matt Le Tissier scoffed at fans not so long ago who wanted MP out. he has gone very quiet since but still hardlh/not backing the idea for Pellegrino to be sacked.

get behind the club and manager etc

Well Adam has a vested interest in not being too critical of the club. According to him he hasn't lost the players or staff but that's largely irrelevant when the performances have been so poor all season and with no prospect of an upturn in fortunes.

You and Duckhunter use the "we finished eighth last season" repeatedly as an argument of how good Puel is.

AND a cup final...

Anyhow, Puel has managed to prove that I was right all along.

If others believe that I keep going on about him then fine, I promise that from this point onwards, I won’t mention his name again.

Likewise others should as well.

On reflection, I’m struggling to think of a better person to take over than Marco Silva, so get him in, but we should all be very concerned about what happens when things start going wrong.

AND a cup final...

Anyhow, Puel has managed to prove that I was right all along.

If others believe that I keep going on about him then fine, I promise that from this point onwards, I won’t mention his name again.

Likewise others should as well.

On reflection, I’m struggling to think of a better person to take over than Marco Silva, so get him in, but we should all be very concerned about what happens when things start going wrong.

What relevance does puel doing well with Leicester have to do with judging if he was good with us last year? He could win the league with them, it doesn't "prove you right" at all.

Yeah go on get him in- offer him an 18 month contract.

The way I see it- if he comes to us his first game would be against his former club in the FA Cup! He’ll have a point to prove, so we win 3-0, and that victory gives us confidence to go beat Brighton and WBA, lifting us to 13th.

And then rest of season is history...

MOTD extra mentioned an issue with Silva was his reluctance to change tactics and insisting on only playing one up front - sound familiar? I'd support him if he came him but would still prefer Koeman personally.

This. We’re running out of games and time. RK and his coaching team know the setup here, and would get up to speed very quickly.

If Pellegrino loses today (or draws) we must sack him and take Silva.

Top motivator and knows the league. Plays attacking footy and would change the team and boost the fan’s support for the relegation fight.

No brainer.

If MP screws today up (& I think he will) he must be sacked for Silva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give him a deal until the end of the season, with a bonus to keep us up. Then we can reassess in the Summer what the plan is long-term. He's far from perfect but lets be honest - he couldn't do any worse than Pellegrino currently is. This squad, with a couple of additions in obvious areas, should be finishing top 8. We need a new manager 'bounce' and need it quick. If the expected bad result comes today, make the change straight away and then he'll have enough time to come in and make an impact on the squad and sign a couple of players HE wants. The Watford FA Cup is game is irrelevant really, but we need to get it right before Brighton as that is simply must win.

The only top opposition he beat was Liverpool, who were on a poor run of form themselves. Yes it was great to get to a cup final but this is also the manager who lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal reserves in the FA Cup.

He largely did a poor job. We scored 3 goals from open play in 16 home league games. That says quite a lot about about how we played under him.

Arsenal away?

look at the time this was posted Micky, mine was posted up just as eurosaints went up, there were 2 or 3 others after mine so wind your neck in
Touchy, is it important that you get the scoop... relax no one is bothered.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ahh now four.... must be of national importance...!

perhaps that there should be some kind of alarm that goes off when threads are about to start about things of interest, that allows other posters to know that somebody else is posting the news.

Sky sports saying Watford already have their new boss lined up and will be announced in next 24-48 hours and he's a foreign manager with zero premier league experience.
They obviously have a black box as well.

Stay up first, worry about loyalty next year. Give him a Moyes type contract if we're that concerned but don't pretend he isn't an upgrade. He is. And has proved it.
This is where I would go with it, performance based short term arrangement. Time for managers to earn their corn and not continually be rewarded for abject failure. Same with players as well actually.

This. We’re running out of games and time. RK and his coaching team know the setup here, and would get up to speed very quickly.

IF he and Les Reed can put aside their differences and work together, then he’d be by number one choice.

I think though his bridges may have been burnt.

He would keep us up.

MoPe will take us down.

He might keep us up. There is absolutely no certainty of that.

If staying up is the only target at the moment and we aren't looking for a long term manager, just one to keep us up, I'd go with hughes myself until the end of the season. Then start looking for a long term replacement.

If Pellegrino loses today (or draws) we must sack him and take Silva.

Top motivator and knows the league. Plays attacking footy and would change the team and boost the fan’s support for the relegation fight.

No brainer.

If MP screws today up (& I think he will) he must be sacked for Silva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know Silva actually wants the Job? its all very well saying "take Silva" but maybe he doesn't want the job.....

Just to clarify, are people really saying that she would sack MP and replace him with a fella who has just been sacked for doing an equally bad job as him?

more to the point is the idea that if we offer him the job he wouldn't for one moment turn it down...its quite possible he doesn't fancy a second relegation in two seasons. Its also quite possible he is happy to take a few months off before joining Everton next summer

Just to clarify, are people really saying that she would sack MP and replace him with a fella who has just been sacked for doing an equally bad job as him?

Please do explain how getting Watford into 10th place can be deemed an "equally bad job" to Pellegrino guiding us to 18th...

Definitely the best we'll get in the situation we're in, but longer term I'm not so sure. Think it was poor from him to try and leave Watford after, what, four months? Raises questions about his attitude, perhaps that's why we ruled him out first time around.

If a manager ends up leaving us for another club that should mean we are doing very well, I'd take that over the last 12 months of football we've seen (cup final aside).

Please do explain how getting Watford into 10th place can be deemed an "equally bad job" to Pellegrino guiding us to 18th...

They're on a run as bad as ours. Puel took us to 8th and apparently he was sh:t so don't tell me that league tables are the way to judge a manager.

Edited by egg

The big draw for me is that Silva appears to be an impact manager which is exactly what we need right now. Loyalty is a bit iffy but so what, get him on a 'till the end of the season' deal and see how it goes. He's not the greatest but that's not important right now - the only question is can he keep us up and I think he can.

One thing's for sure, I'm pretty sure our strike force would finally start firing and Gabbi would take a much bigger part in things. Also I think he'd be able to get Tadic and Redmond fired up - should be enough to keep us up.

That said I'm not atall convinced the board aren't preparing to go kamikaze and stick with the current guy. Ego, hubris and a rudderless ship may save MP's job at least till the end of the season.

Long term I'd love Ron Koeman or Martin O'Neill but that may be wishful thinking.

If you ignore all context, points, fixtures, squads, performances, then yes, exactly that.

Our first eleven is stronger buy they have a much deeper squad, and better forward options. They've under achieved as badly as we have over the last few months.

The big draw for me is that Silva appears to be an impact manager which is exactly what we need right now. Loyalty is a bit iffy but so what, get him on a 'till the end of the season' deal and see how it goes. He's not the greatest but that's not important right now - the only question is can he keep us up and I think he can.

One thing's for sure, I'm pretty sure our strike force would finally start firing and Gabbi would take a much bigger part in things. Also I think he'd be able to get Tadic and Redmond fired up - should be enough to keep us up.

That said I'm not atall convinced the board aren't preparing to go kamikaze and stick with the current guy. Ego, hubris and a rudderless ship may save MP's job at least till the end of the season.

Long term I'd love Ron Koeman or Martin O'Neill but that may be wishful thinking.

I'm not convinced our attacking players (Austin aside) just seem to be a bit **** at shooting that's not down to the manager they are just a bit crap.

We can do better would rather have Koeman, Van Gaal.....

I’d rather Pep or Ancelotti, cant see them coming here though. Same goes for Van Gaal we’re to small a club and no way would Koeman come back after falling out with Les.

The level/position and the board we have, suggests we’ll get someone like Silva or another random foreigner whose out of work.

When a manager gets sacked, there seems to be a long delay whilst their legal teams agrees compensation with his old club.

Even if MP gets sacked tomorrow, Silva will not be available for a while, as Watford would not pay much compensation if his is already back in employment.

I think Silva will "take time to consider his options" which will mean scouting players for a few months until BFS gets the bullet at Goodison.