Weekend’s other games

whelk

Chelsea are a weird club. How many decent managers are they gonna fail to support then sack.

Conte hasn’t been given one player he wanted this season, he’s best out of it.

Wish we had them this weekend

why do they need to support a manager long term?

whatever you say, I don’t care enough to argue with you
argue with what. its been. like this since the Russian has been there. not a lot to argue with really

you could argue that since abramovic has been at Chelsea, they have been those most successful club in the league

the whole time with the policy you can't be bother to argue against

Edited by Batman

argue with what. its been. like this since the Russian has been there. not a lot to argue with really

you could argue that since abramovic has been at Chelsea, they have been those most successful club in the league

the whole time with the policy you can't be bother to argue against

Exactly. I don't agree with it and think they should be more patient (perhaps the harshest sacking was that of Ancelotti) but Abramovich isn't going to change and they consistently win trophies so it clearly works.

Exactly. I don't agree with it and think they should be more patient (perhaps the harshest sacking was that of Ancelotti) but Abramovich isn't going to change and they consistently win trophies so it clearly works.

Are they going to win a trophy this season? Maybe they would have if they'd backed Conte. Probably cheaper in the long run too.

I know a manager Chelsea can have, experience in England, Spain and his native Argentina. Learned the ropes from Rafa Benitez as a coach at Liverpool and got the took Alaves to the final of the Copa Del Rey. He's currently managing a PL rival, but I don't think it would be too difficult for Chelsea to tempt him to join them or convince his current club to let him go.

I know a manager Chelsea can have, experience in England, Spain and his native Argentina. Learned the ropes from Rafa Benitez as a coach at Liverpool and got the took Alaves to the final of the Copa Del Rey. He's currently managing a PL rival, but I don't think it would be too difficult for Chelsea to tempt him to join them or convince his current club to let him go.

Straight swap, let's do it. (Even if he's someone who thinks Morata is better than Costa.)

Palace are awaiting results of scans on Zaha’s knee. They fear ligament damage and a two months injury layoff...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/wilfried-zaha-may-miss-two-months-8twjwqlk9

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5508954/crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-two-months-knee-injury/

That’s big trouble for them if he misses many games.

Nice job :thumbup: do you happen to work in PR? He sounds quite tempting, put like that.

if you keep playing Russian roulette eventually you will take a bullet. As a Saints supporter you should be more than aware of that.
Didn't they "take a bullet" a couple of years back when they finished 10th?

Following season: won the league.

They've learned their lesson and no mistake.

Palace are awaiting results of scans on Zaha’s knee. They fear ligament damage and a two months injury layoff...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/wilfried-zaha-may-miss-two-months-8twjwqlk9

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5508954/crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-two-months-knee-injury/

That’s big trouble for them if he misses many games.

Ouch. Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and and Man Utd in their next six plus a trip to Goodison next

Ouch. Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and and Man Utd in their next six plus a trip to Goodison next

This is why I thought the Newcastle game was an absolute must for them, they've pulled themselves right back into the mire. And now they've lost their best player, and they've also lost Sakho (the winger). Problems.

This is why I thought the Newcastle game was an absolute must for them, they've pulled themselves right back into the mire. And now they've lost their best player, and they've also lost Sakho (the winger). Problems.

The power of drawing a game- helps neither teams!

Just done another predictor - had us winning two more games and drawing some more, we went down on 35 points. I factored in the "shock" results in a few rounds, so i.e Brighton, Watford, WBA, Swansea etc winning against bigger teams.

But saying that we could easily pick up points in the games necessary, i was pessimistic and basing it on earlier form shown this season. In reality if we beat Stoke/Bournemouth and also pick up points against the likes of Leicester, Newcastle, Swansea, (or even win a couple of those games) we will be safe.

The Liverpool game is a "free hit" we're expected to lose, but if we can pick up a point i'll be delighted. One factor that helps us is that we are starting to score goals and look a danger when we're on our game. I.E Watford and West Brom games, and we're also capable of producing good performances and points against bigger sides (Man City, Spurs, Arsenal)

The teams who will be involved are Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Palace, West Ham, Watford (one freak result but still freefalling), Stoke, Brighton

I think the three worse teams than us are Newcastle, Huddersfield and West Brom.

There are two things that worry me after this weekends games (and swanseas previous couple of results). I don't think we'll get much more than about 36 points, but was comforted by the fact that there's so much dross in the league the target was looking like being about 33 for safety this season. After those recent results that target is creeping up.

The other things that worries me is obvious .... while there maybe three (probably more) teams worse than us, I can't think of a single manager worse than ours. Saturday was a great and much needed result, but I'm not suddenly filled with confidence in him after one good performance. Hoping to be proved wrong, obviously. And if we can get another win against the dippers that would be all the better.