Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

50 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Yeah, I'm surprised more were not shot, you don't expect those who protect the Capitol to mess around.

I think we all know the death toll would be higher had it been a BLM protest trying to takeover Congress.

How many BLM protestors were shot in the worldwide protests? 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, buctootim said:

The irony is that Trump had been supporting the Governor of Florida attempt to bring in new 'anti mob' legislation which would allow anyone to shoot, run over or otherwise attack any protestor within 500 feet of a riotous assembly. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article247094007.html   

What the fuck has that got to do with justifying the killing of a 35 year old female air force veteran for breaking a window of a government building, a government she defended on four tours of duty. You're back on ignore. I gave you a chance, but you reached a nadir with a ridiculous and offensive post that is indefensible. 

Bye, bye nut job....

47 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I watched a couple of videos of the shooting. She was part of a large chanting group breaking down a door in a Congress corridor which had been barricaded. On the other side there was a sole security guard protecting a group of frightened people. They were warned to stop and the protstors could see and hear the warning. She broke a window and climbed through and was shot once. Seems like proportionate use of force to me.   

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Couldn’t believe what I was watching last night. Just under 2 weeks and the clown is gone from the White House. 

38 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

George Floyd was one tragic death, which led to a further 19 deaths in the BLM orchestrated demonstrations. They occurred in 140 US cities over the spring and the arson, vandalism and looting that did occur will cost the insurance industry at least US$1 billion to US$2 billion in claims

Is your hero still "playing a blinder"? :lol:

Just now, Guided Missile said:

BLM protestors or arsonists, looters or vandals, because it's hard to tell the difference.

There was hardly any violence, arson, looting and vandalism, we all know that, those that did were right wingers trying to disrupt the peaceful protests!

Some people cannot accept that those who warned about Trump were right. It would mean admitting that they were wrong and that lack the ability to do that. Similar to trump in that respect.

They choose to ignore the warning signs at rhetoric as again, it would mean what they preached and believed was simply wrong and admitting that is beyond them.

They can stamp their feet all they like but simply put, they backed a fascist who incited an attempted coup.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How many BLM protestors were shot in the worldwide protests? 

I think 9 in total in 2020, breaking into the Capitol building is a bit different to rioting in the streets tho.

This article highlights the difference in the policing in two similar events:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There was hardly any violence, arson, looting and vandalism, we all know that, those that did were right wingers trying to disrupt the peaceful protests!

Yeah, right wingers. You can clearly see it in one of the images taken in Minneapolis during the "peaceful protests"

Looting.jpg

Just now, aintforever said:

I think 9 in total in 2020, breaking into the Capitol building is a bit different to rioting in the streets tho.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos

The Guardian, that voice of reason. The same paper that claims going for walks in the countryside is racist 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Guided Missile said:

Yeah, right wingers. You can clearly see it in one of the images taken in Minneapolis during the "peaceful protests"

Looting.jpg

Nothing to see here pal! Dont focus on the violence, focus on the cause!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I'd say rioting in general is pretty disgusting. I find it quite easy to condemn it regardless of the identity of the rioters. It's only some people that want to suggest that some forms of rioting are more acceptable than others. 

5 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That article is in no way objective. It starts off with the conclusion that BLM are the victims and publishes only the evidence that supports that. It shows none of the violence being perpetrated by some BLM supporters, all of the violence being instigated by the MAGA brigade and only the police response to the BLM protests.

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd say rioting in general is pretty disgusting. I find it quite easy to condemn it regardless of the identity of the rioters. It's only some people that want to suggest that some forms of rioting are more acceptable than others. 

I never suggested one form of rioting is more acceptable, just that you should expect a different response from security protecting Congress than police dealing with protests/riots. It's not rocket science.

Edited by aintforever

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Agreed. Funny how all the lot who were cheering some of the other protests are now all over this condemning it, even inventing hypothetical situations where if it was someone else the policing would have been much more heavy handed and more people would have been shot. 

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

That article is in no way objective. It starts off with the conclusion that BLM are the victims and publishes only the evidence that supports that. It shows none of the violence being perpetrated by some BLM supporters, all of the violence being instigated by the MAGA brigade and only the police response to the BLM protests.

Of course it's not objective, it's the frigging Guardian. The same source that quite a few on here were quoting to prove there BLM protests with large scale disorder had no disorder whatsoever. 

Edited by Turkish

To be fair, one group are protesting about Police murder, the others don't like an election result.

Both resulted in widespread disorder. Plus there were plenty of protests here about people not liking election results, all fine in some peoples eyes. 

Edited by Turkish

45 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Ha! I shared a version of this lastnight but the tweet has been deleted now.

Someone has just pointed out that she has quite obviously got an onion in her towel!!! 

"We were storming The Capitol, it's a revolution and I got maced" (to paraphrase)

Well, yeah, derbrain.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Both resulted in widespread disorder. Plus there were plenty of protests here about people not liking election results, all fine in some peoples eyes. 

There's protesting, then there is trying to break into congress.

I don't have a problem with anyone protesting, it's a fundamental right.

There's protesting, then there is trying to break into congress.

I don't have a problem with anyone protesting, it's a fundamental right.

Presumably then, you dont support the actions of the BLM protestors who attacked the gates and Police officers at Downing Street? 

30 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

What the fuck has that got to do with justifying the killing of a 35 year old female air force veteran for breaking a window of a government building, a government she defended on four tours of duty. You're back on ignore. I gave you a chance, but you reached a nadir with a ridiculous and offensive post that is indefensible. 

Bye, bye nut job....

What the fuck has being a veteran got to do with violently breaking the law.   Her death is a tragedy, but one she was partially complicit in by breaking the law and I am sure, with as much certainty as you display on so many things, ignoring lawful requests from legally appointed security enforcement officers.  Given US law enforcement record on shooting suspects one death as a result of this riot is surprising.  

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Presumably then, you dont support the actions of the BLM protestors who attacked the gates and Police officers at Downing Street? 

Why on earth do you assume that people are incapable of thinking both are wrong despite agreeing that the right to demonstrate peacefully is good?

It's not a left v right thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I never suggested one form of rioting is more acceptable, just that you should expect a different response from security protecting Congress than police dealing with protests/riots. It's not rocket science.

I agree. There can be no complaints about a robust security response even though its unfortunate that someone has been killed. My only problem is with those people who are trying to say that one lot of rioting and violence is better than the other lot because they have sympathy for the cause. 

Just now, View From The Top said:

Why on earth do you assume that people are incapable of thinking both are wrong despite agreeing that the right to demonstrate peacefully is good?

Read the various threads on here, then you'll see why. Plenty couldn't bring themselves to admit that any the "left wing" stuff was wrong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

Because loada of people on here showed that they were unable to do that. Most of what we read was apologism for BLM riots because they agreed with the cause. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moonraker said:

What the fuck has being a veteran got to do with violently breaking the law.   Her death is a tragedy, but one she was partially complicit in by breaking the law and I am sure, with as much certainty as you display on so many things, ignoring lawful requests from legally appointed security enforcement officers.  Given US law enforcement record on shooting suspects one death as a result of this riot is surprising.  

The guy that shot her dead was in plain clothes. I'm betting he was FBI. Your argument is just plain wrong, as was the argument that George Floyd was in some way complicit in his own death. "Violently breaking the law?". I think you meant violently breaking a window. Legally, in my opinion, she wasn't trespassing because the police let them through the barricades. As far as criminal damage, I don't think that's a capital offence.

No mate, you're just plain wrong. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Read the various threads on here, then you'll see why. Plenty couldn't bring themselves to admit that any the "left wing" stuff was wrong. 

Plenty yesterday didn't participate in the sacking of the capitol. Plenty on the BLM protests didn't participate in any destruction or violence. 

Those on the extreme right and those on the extreme left are cut from the same cloth and I have little sympathy for either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Because loada of people on here showed that they were unable to do that. Most of what we read was apologism for BLM riots because they agreed with the cause. 

I agree with the cause I went on my local protests with friends of ours who are serving soldiers and who are black. I'd have gone anyway.

My kids went too with their friends as they believe it's worth it.

Doesn't mean that those kicking off in London weren't cunts though, regardless of the cause.

• Like 1

Have a look at the Twitter thread from this Fox News journalist - pretty clear it was set out to be violent, confrontational and with that volume of arms in a powderkeg situation frankly it’s a miracle more weren’t killed, although tragically 4 were.

Ignoring the pointless whataboutery on this thread, because we all agree that violent storming of democratic functions belongs in failed states regardless of ideological intent, one point of difference was that BLM was in response to Floyd, dozens of other killings and a series of UK incidents going back to Windrush under May as Home Secretary, Lawrence and suss that still needed action to stamp out, and that’s just the police. That’s no excuse btw for anyone storming inside institutions violently. By all means, have a sit-in outside and be highly visible and loud in making your point. Yesterday was people who are seeing a white supremacist dream of a dictatorship fade. Thankfully, it looks as if America is moving away from the Russia, North Korea and China political models.

I don’t ever want to see yesterday repeated and hopefully once McConnell expels the six Republicans who tried to carry on Trump’s farce, as he surely will to decapitate QAnon, everyone can rebuild and move forward, there’s a lot of mess politically and literally that needs sorting. The Trumps are facing the prospect of serious charges - incitement leading to fatalities, electoral corruption - if they don’t go bust first - and Twitter is finally getting its act together. 

14 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

I agree with the cause I went on my local protests with friends of ours who are serving soldiers and who are black. I'd have gone anyway.

My kids went too with their friends as they believe it's worth it.

Doesn't mean that those kicking off in London weren't cunts though, regardless of the cause.

Were there significant groups of people both on here and in the media who tried to downplay violence and disorder coming from political groups emanating from the left? Are some of these same people now condemning violence and disorder from groups emanating from the right? Does this stance leave them open to accusations of having a subjective set of morals dependent on identities? I could trawl back through here and mainstream media articles to provide the answer for you but I think you already know that it's yes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

No no. You just don't get it lefty. Smashing the self service till at the Dollar store is worse than invading Parliament to stop a President taking office, especially if you're black. Erm I mean colour doesn't matter it the principle, because they're the same or something. Anyhow I'm well known for not being racist. I'm middle of the road, its just co-incidence I always spout on issues like this but don't bother with the others. And stuff.     

44 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

Plenty yesterday didn't participate in the sacking of the capitol. Plenty on the BLM protests didn't participate in any destruction or violence. 

Those on the extreme right and those on the extreme left are cut from the same cloth and I have little sympathy for either.

Im not talking about those that were there, i'm talking about those on here and in the media who seem to be cheerleaders for any "left wing" protest, yet incandescent with rage at any "right wing" protests.

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

No no. You just don't get it lefty. Smashing the self service till at the Dollar store is worse than invading Parliament to stop a President taking office, especially if you're black. Erm I mean colour doesn't matter it the principle, because they're the same or something. Anyhow I'm well known for not being racist. I'm middle of the road, its just co-incidence I always spout on issues like this but don't bother with the others. And stuff.     

Started well but went down hill. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree. There can be no complaints about a robust security response even though its unfortunate that someone has been killed. My only problem is with those people who are trying to say that one lot of rioting and violence is better than the other lot because they have sympathy for the cause. 

You cannot divorce the protests from their cause though, you can have more sympathy for violence and disorder if there is genuine injustice, like the riots in South Africa during apartheid or in Hong Kong for example.

The violence around the BLM protests was wrong but rioting over police murder is a bit more understandable than because your side lost an election IMO. Either way the people causing the violence are generally twats wether they are left or right. I have never understood why for whatever cause people protest over, some people feel the need to attack some poor copper just doing their job.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

The guy that shot her dead was in plain clothes. I'm betting he was FBI. Your argument is just plain wrong, as was the argument that George Floyd was in some way complicit in his own death. "Violently breaking the law?". I think you meant violently breaking a window. Legally, in my opinion, she wasn't trespassing because the police let them through the barricades. As far as criminal damage, I don't think that's a capital offence.

No mate, you're just plain wrong. 

The Capitol was being overrun, she was part of a group of armed rioters, and they'd just broken through into the corridor leading to the vice-president's office.

Just being outside too close to the Capitol building outside is grounds for an armed response, especially when the entire House and the entire Senate is there.

Trying to compare her being shot in those circumstances to what happened to George Floyd is utterly disingenuous.

What happened to her is tragic, but no-one should be surprised that her actions caused that response. It's a miracle she was the only one that was shot.

If anything her blood is more on Trump's hands than the poor officer that shot her.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

The Capitol was being overrun, she was part of a group of armed rioters, and they'd just broken through into the corridor leading to the vice-president's office.

Just being outside too close to the Capitol building outside is grounds for an armed response, especially when the entire House and the entire Senate is there.

Trying to compare her being shot in those circumstances to what happened to George Floyd is utterly disingenuous.

What happened to her is tragic, but no-one should be surprised that her actions caused that response. It's a miracle she was the only one that was shot.

If anything her blood is more on Trump's hands than the poor officer that shot her.

Exactly. That door where she was shot is only about 50 feet from the entrance to the chamber. If that were breached anything could have happened.  

Edited by buctootim

8 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

I really can’t bring myself to call it that, if I’m honest. We’ve all read The Darwin Awards, I can’t say that violently forcing your way into a US government building (and presumably ignoring repeated warnings from armed security) is any more intelligent than breaking into a zoo and trying to shag a tiger.

I don’t take any joy in hearing about death in these circumstances but on a day when 1,000 British Covid deaths is just another statistic...

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Disingenuous? Let's start with "poor officer" and then go onto the two events not being comparable. So, you are suggesting that the shooting of Floyd was worse than the shooting of Ashli Babbitt. If you're saying that, which it appears you are, you should be ashamed. One, you have no evidence she was armed, nor that she had committed any crime, for which she was being arrested or cautioned. You need to take  a look at the New York Post video of the shooting. I'm pretty sure the person shooting her was one of the FBI agents behind the door. At that moment, she was surrounded by half a dozen officers in riot gear. 

George Floyd was a black drug dealer in the process of being arrested. She was a white air force veteran, demonstrating for a political cause in which she misguidedly believed. They are both on the same scale of avoidable homicides and to suggest that Floyds death is in some way "worse" is the disingenuous statement.

3 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Disingenuous? Let's start with "poor officer" and then go onto the two events not being comparable. So, you are suggesting that the shooting of Floyd was worse than the shooting of Ashli Babbitt. If you're saying that, which it appears you are, you should be ashamed. One, you have no evidence she was armed, nor that she had committed any crime, for which she was being arrested or cautioned. You need to take  a look at the New York Post video of the shooting. I'm pretty sure the person shooting her was one of the FBI agents behind the door. At that moment, she was surrounded by half a dozen officers in riot gear. 

George Floyd was a black drug dealer in the process of being arrested. She was a white air force veteran, demonstrating for a political cause in which she misguidedly believed. They are both on the same scale of avoidable homicides and to suggest that Floyds death is in some way "worse" is the disingenuous statement.

Whether you’re a drug dealer or a forces veteran aren’t relevant factors when dealing with criminals; Timothy McVeigh was a forces veteran. All that matters is whether proportional force was being used. In the case of the Capitol building, it appears at face value to be proportionate. With George Floyd, whilst he was clearly resisting arrest and posed a physical threat, kneeling on his throat was not a proportionate response. I don’t think it was murder or racially motivated but there was clearly a greater transgression of justice.

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Bloody hell, maybe you really are just misinformed instead of disingenuous then. George Floyd wasn't shot, he was strangled by being knelt on the neck over the course of a few minutes.

In any case, I never said she was armed, but she was certainly part of a group that included armed individuals. She had certainly committed a crime, she was trespassing, as well as breaking and entering, and was heading towards some of the most senior figures in US politics with unknown intentions.

As for her being a veteran, that just means she should have known better. It certainly didn't affect in any way the officers decision, as he would have had no way of knowing that. I don't think you'll find too many allies if you're going to try and continue to suggest that shooting wasn't justified.

1 hour ago, View From The Top said:

He will get offended but he is a bit limited. I actually used to think he was very bright and amusing. 

18 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Floyd wasn’t shot

Just now, Guided Missile said:

Here's the prime suspects in the shooting of Ashli Babbit. Yeah, that's right, they were in mortal danger facing a dangerous armed rioter. Cue defense of the indefensible by the normal posters.

Capitol Shooting.jpg

Nope. That isnt even the same door. Facts not your thing huh?