Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Incorrect. I was not sarcastically trying to point out that if it were leftist protestors then people on that side would be trying to play it down. 

Then why don't you enlighten us all what this wonderful yet cryptic point of yours is, seeing as no-one seems to have a clue what you're on about?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

No, I completely understood the point you were trying to make. You're sarcastically trying to point out that if it was leftist protestors then people on that 'side' would be trying to play it down.

It just wasn't funny or worth a response.

He’s right though. 

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Then why don't you enlighten us all what this wonderful yet cryptic point of yours is, seeing as no-one seems to have a clue what you're on about?

At no point was I pointing to some hypothetical scenario where leftists would be involved in violent disorder and apologists would describe it as mostly peaceful. 

Trump caused this, inciting violence and disorder.  Anyone with a belief in democracy must condemn this perversion in the strongest terms, this is not about what side of the political divide one is on it is about mob rule.  I hope the US courts are severe on all those convicted of partaking in this blatantly unlawful act.  For this to be happening in the US should be of concern to everyone in the free world.

10 minutes ago, buctootim said:

He only posted that after it became clear protestors were already streaming away from the Capitol and the police had largely regained control of the inside. 

I was reacting more to the fact it was more or less justifying the actions they'd taken so far. It was supposed to convince people to leave and it's more likely to have the opposite effect.

13 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Trump caused this, inciting violence and disorder.  Anyone with a belief in democracy must condemn this perversion in the strongest terms, this is not about what side of the political divide one is on it is about mob rule.  I hope the US courts are severe on all those convicted of partaking in this blatantly unlawful act.  For this to be happening in the US should be of concern to everyone in the free world.

I think we've become spoiled as a generation. Whether you're of a liberal or conservative persuasion, there seem to be a growing number of bad losers out there who just can't accept they haven't got what they wanted. People who assume a default position of victimhood and seek nothing but confirmation bias thereafter.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

I was reacting more to the fact it was more or less justifying the actions they'd taken so far. It was supposed to convince people to leave and it's more likely to have the opposite effect.

Yep I know. I was making the point that he only encouraged them to go home after he knew they were already going home - ie it was over. 

5 minutes ago, aintforever said:

When did I last bring them up?

I missed out the word people. You and others like you keep bringing up other agitators as if I'm somehow an apologist for this sort of thing. I'm not and it's quite telling that you thought I'd be some sort of partisan for the right wing. I don't support violent protests and senseless destruction wherever it stems from and particularly when it comes from an inability to accept an election result and the refusal to enact the peaceful transfer of power. They are cretins and need locking up. 

Edited by hypochondriac

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I missed out the word people. You and others like you keep bringing up other agitators as if I'm somehow an apologist for this sort of thing. I'm not and it's quite telling that you thought I'd be some sort of partisan for the right wing. I don't support violent protests and senseless destruction wherever it stems from and particularly when it comes from an inability to accept an election result and the refusal to enact the peaceful transfer of power. They are cretins and need locking up. 

I was just highlighting how different the two groups were dealt with by the plod, nothing to do with you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buctootim said:

Crews remove fencing around Lafayette Park | wusa9.com

By contrast this was the Capitol security for the black lives matter protest... 

Anybody know who controls the security for events like this. Completely understandable that trump would choose that much security for a BLM protest and so little for today’s events, given his allegiances but is that actually his call? If it wasn’t, I’m astonished that others were involved in such a glaring oversight in preparations.

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Anybody know who controls the security for events like this. Completely understandable that trump would choose that much security for a BLM protest and so little for today’s events, given his allegiances but is that actually his call? If it wasn’t, I’m astonished that others were involved in such a glaring oversight in preparations.

Probably was Trump's call. The guys in green camo for BLM were the National Guard. Their deployment is down to the Dept of Defence. The security today was local DC police and a few unarmed Capitol guards more used to checking bags. 

Putin must be pissing himself laughing.

What a masterstroke. Imagine getting a compromised, financially dependent dementia patient elected as president of your biggest rival and him managing to convince half of his country (and various other useful idiots around the globe) that extremism is the way forwards.

• Like 1