Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

If we really insist in comparing this to BLM, a far better example would be the bloke (forgot the name) who, when ordered to stop by armed Police, went to the glove box of his car to retrieve an unknown object and was shot. It’s pointless and doesn’t really lead us anywhere but it is at least a more representative example.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Bloody hell, maybe you really are just misinformed instead of disingenuous then. George Floyd wasn't shot, he was strangled by being knelt on the neck over the course of a few minutes.

In any case, I never said she was armed, but she was certainly part of a group that included armed individuals.

1. Please show me where I posted that George Floyd was shot. Sorry, I can see I posted that. I know the officer knelt on his neck as he arrested him, I meant to post "killed"
  2. You suggested she was armed which justified the shooting:

The Capitol was being overrun, she was part of a group of armed rioters, and they'd just broken through into the corridor leading to the vice-president's office.

Just being outside too close to the Capitol building outside is grounds for an armed response, especially when the entire House and the entire Senate is there.

Now take a look a the video I posted of the shooting and the above image of the suspected killers. Misinformed, no, you're just ignoring the facts to support your prejudices.

Edited by Guided Missile

4 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:
  1. Please show me where I posted that George Floyd was shot.
  2. You suggested she was armed which justified the shooting:

Now take a look a the video I posted of the shooting and the above image of the suspected killers. Misinformed, no, you're just ignoring the facts to support your prejudices.

Maybe read your own posts

she tweeted nothing was going to stop the. a bullet did unfortunately but stupid people get killed. Maybe been discussed already but ignored warning apparently which is mad

Edited by whelk

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

she tweeted nothing was going to stop the. a bullet did unfortunately but stupid people get killed. Maybe been discussed already but ignored warning apparently which is mad

Have you seen the door the brave shooters were behind. I can tell you that the Capitol Police are totally to blame for the rioters entering the Capitol and for Ashli's death. I'm looking forward to footballers "Taking the chest" when they protest a white woman being shot for being stupid and breaking a window.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

The guy that shot her dead was in plain clothes. I'm betting he was FBI. Your argument is just plain wrong, as was the argument that George Floyd was in some way complicit in his own death. "Violently breaking the law?". I think you meant violently breaking a window. Legally, in my opinion, she wasn't trespassing because the police let them through the barricades. As far as criminal damage, I don't think that's a capital offence.

No mate, you're just plain wrong. 

She wasn't executed for criminal damage, she was shot because she was part of a mob threatening a load of Senators. You really do talk some shite.

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Lol.

Don't recall you saying the same thing when protesters marched through London in the summer.  Plenty of warnings given to them way before the event took place.  

• Confused 1

Just now, aintforever said:

She wasn't executed for criminal damage, she was shot because she was part of a mob threatening a load of Senators. You really do talk some shite.

My shite pales into insignificance compared to the above steaming turd of a post. Executed for being part of a mob threatening not a load of Senators, dickhead, they'd been evacuated. The unarmed veteran was threatening armed FBI agents who were hiding behind a barricaded door.

1 minute ago, Guided Missile said:

Have you seen the door the brave shooters were behind. I can tell you that the Capitol Police are totally to blame for the rioters entering the Capitol and for Ashli's death. I'm looking forward to footballers "Taking the chest" when they protest a white woman being shot for being stupid and breaking a window.

Look at buctootim's post at the bottom of the previous page. I think you might have a false impression of what happened, and that's influencing your opinion.

12 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Nope. That isnt even the same door. Facts not your thing huh? 

GM doesn't do facts, as he consistently shows.

Simp!e rule of thumb; if there is a Government building that is closed to the public, filled with several hundred of the nation's senior legislators including the Vice President, and guarded by trained, armed, officers, including the FBI and Secret Service, don't commit criminal trespass or break down doors and windows.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, whelk said:

He will get offended but he is a bit limited. I actually used to think he was very bright and amusing. 

Offended about what? I think all the protests that led to violence are shameful. Unlike some on here i dont care which "side" they are on.

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.

Don't recall you saying the same thing when protesters marched through London in the summer.  Plenty of warnings given to them way before the event took place.  

This place is amusing. Always trying to make parallels. And always by thick people

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.

Apparently ignoring warnings is justification for execution by plain clothed officers. Still we had that with De Menezes in London, so I guess we can't lecture.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Simp!e rule of thumb; if there is a Government building that is closed to the public, filled with several hundred of the nation's senior legislators including the Vice President, and guarded by trained, armed, officers, including the FBI and Secret Service, don't commit criminal trespass or break down doors and windows.

Correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Its simple for most us us, a few however struggle with it.

6 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

My shite pales into insignificance compared to the above steaming turd of a post. Executed for being part of a mob threatening not a load of Senators, dickhead, they'd been evacuated. The unarmed veteran was threatening armed FBI agents who were hiding behind a barricaded door.

You didn't even get the right door so I'm not sure how you can say what the situation the other side was.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Watch the video on Youtube carefully. You can see the shooter, who has just burst out of the first door and crouches down in a doorway and shoots at the door in the video. Fucking disgraceful.

8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Exactly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

There was lots of noise there and I could hear someone near the camera shouting 'they've got guns' but I couldn't hear the clear warnings that were ignored.  Any idea what time during the video they were made?

There are lots of videos out there. The one with the warnings is longer. 

Edited by buctootim

• Black guy killed by police=bad
  • White female killed by police=justified

What a load of clueless posters this site has attracted. I'll provide my opinion, which has nothing to do with my "changed" opinion on Trump

• White female killed by police=bad

There, that wasn't hard to understand, was it?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Guided Missile said:

It wasn't criminal trespass. The Capitol Police let the demonstrators in and took selfies with them. 

Maybe not, but I am sure destroying federal property and going 'equipped' might be criminal. If they were intent on peaceful protest, why the masking up, certainly not Covid related as most of them think that is also a conspiracy.  Defending the actions of these rioters is not only saddening it speaks of someone who believes the rule of law only applies to those with whom they do not agree.  That ladies life should be on Trumps conscience, unfortunately he does not have one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

What a load of clueless posters this site has attracted. I'll provide my opinion, which has nothing to do with my "changed" opinion on Trump

• Black guy killed by police=bad yes when no threat to persons or property 
  • White female killed by police=bad -  rapidly deteriorating security cordon for democratically elected officials exercising their legal duty, unfortunate but probable.
Edited by moonraker
  • Like 2

Just now, Guided Missile said:

It wasn't criminal trespass. The Capitol Police let the demonstrators in and took selfies with them. 

I saw one video of one officer that did that.

It doesn't mean it's not criminal trespass, it means he wasn't doing his job. I saw one report that he was a Trump supporter, although I'm not sure if that's been verified.

If it was one of the officers you identified that shot her, from that door, that's the door to the upper gallery. Behind those officers were senators that were up there because of the COVID restrictions limiting numbers on the floor.

They hadn't been evacuated because there was no alternate route they could evacuate them through. So that door was the last line of defence, hence the barricade and heavily armed presence at it.

Also bear in mind that there had been reports of pipe-bombs being found. While she wasn't openly carrying a firearm, she was carrying a bag.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

We get it GM.

As soon as the Feds target your type of people, you suddenly turn into a blubbering snowflake. How dare they be so horrid?

The Lord Longford of the Proud Boys demographic.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

You aren’t prepared to factor in the completely difference circumstances then?

17 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Also bear in mind that there had been reports of pipe-bombs being found. While she wasn't openly carrying a firearm, she was carrying a bag.

With respect, a woman carrying a bag is not a great shock. The guy that shot this woman hadn't singled her out because she was a threat. He simply fired at a closed door from, I reckon 10-15 metres away. He was in no position to see whether she was carrying a bag or a firearm and it was sheer chance he didn't hit one of the many National Guard soldiers that were surrounding her and administered first aid. Of course, if he'd hit one of them, there would have been little chance of injury due to the jackets they were wearing. I think he may have thought the National Guard were in fact demonstrators. It'll all come out, hopefully and there is no way the police in charge will survive this debacle.

Poor Ashli.

15 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

With respect, a woman carrying a bag is not a great shock. The guy that shot this woman hadn't singled her out because she was a threat. He simply fired at a closed door from, I reckon 10-15 metres away. He was in no position to see whether she was carrying a bag or a firearm and it was sheer chance he didn't hit one of the many National Guard soldiers that were surrounding her and administered first aid. Of course, if he'd hit one of them, there would have been little chance of injury due to the jackets they were wearing. I think he may have thought the National Guard were in fact demonstrators. It'll all come out, hopefully and there is no way the police in charge will survive this debacle.

Poor Ashli.

He didn't fire at a closed door, he fired at the first rioter to try and climb through the broken window.

What makes you think the National Guard were anywhere near her when she got shot?

(Not after, when they moved in to try and save her life, but when she got shot, surrounded by other rioters also trying to break the doors and windows)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You aren’t prepared to factor in the completely difference circumstances then?

I've been waiting for you to passionately deny there was any violence whatsoever and launch into a vigorous defence of their right to protest, like you have with previous riots/protests. Why haven't you yet?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

He didn't fire at a closed door, he fired at the first rioter to try and climb through the broken window.

What makes you think the National Guard were anywhere near her when she got shot?

(Not after, when they moved in to try and save her life, but when she got shot, surrounded by other rioters also trying to break the doors and windows)

Jimmy, I am wasting bandwidth with you and the other posters trying to justify this shooting. The posts are getting more and more tortuous. Please underline the points in your post that justify her killing, because I can't see them. Was it that the shooter was firing at the first demonstrator climbing through the broken window. Was it because the National Guard weren't near her.

No the post is just meaningless waffle in an attempt the defend the indefensible.

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Jimmy, I am wasting bandwidth with you and the other posters trying to justify this shooting. The posts are getting more and more tortuous. Please underline the points in your post that justify her killing, because I can't see them. Was it that the shooter was firing at the first demonstrator climbing through the broken window. Was it because the National Guard weren't near her.

No the post is just meaningless waffle in an attempt the defend the indefensible.

:lol: Congratulations, you managed to derail the argument and then blame me for the argument being derailed. Nicely done.

I take it you've got nothing left to argue then. Like I said, I don't think you'll find many allies in your quest to try and say the officer wasn't justified in shooting.

Aside from all the hullaballoo surrounding Trump , I have to say from what little I've seen I've been impressed by Biden recently. He seems a sensible, mature and humane character, maybe what the US needs when Trump and all his self serving vitriol are gone.

As far as the shooting is concerned, given that much of the US is still living in the 1860's regarding firearms, I'm surprised and thankful there weren't many more deaths. Whether it was justified is debatable, but ultimately Trump was responsible.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Like I said, I don't think you'll find many allies in your quest to try and say the officer wasn't justified in shooting.

It's not about popularity, just facts. You have none of these that support your argument. I comfortable that I did. I have no new facts to present and you have absolutely none, so I'll bid adieu.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what ‘Bigo’ might be short for on this wanker?

That’s Richard “Bigo” Barnett, 60, from Gravette, Ak., showing off the personalized envelope he took from Speaker Pelosi’s office. He insisted he didn’t steal it — “I left a quarter on her desk.” https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/status/1346959236421578754/photo/1

FEF85854-AE38-46A9-8438-5965654C8A44.thumb.jpeg.ae14886ed2169fdf693fc2d75b336587.jpeg

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Watch the video on Youtube carefully. You can see the shooter, who has just burst out of the first door and crouches down in a doorway and shoots at the door in the video. Fucking disgraceful.

I thoughht I was on ignore.

She should not have been there, she was smashing through doors and windows in a building where armed security officers were defending the Government of the USA. If she hadn't been breaking through that door, in the interior of the building, she would not have been shot.

You've got to think some senior police individuals are going to get their marching orders for failing to police the protesters properly.

Once that happened I have limited sympathy for a rioter who got shot trying to break through a window into an area where there were armed officers and members of Congress sheltering.

From the BBC;

spacer.png

A newly elected lawmaker from West Virginia filmed himself storming the US Capitol on Wednesday, shouting in a live feed on Facebook: "Derrick Evans is in the Capitol!"

Evans, who was just seated to West Virginia's House of Delegates last month, was seen in his now-deleted video crammed into a doorway of Congress, telling others: "We're in! Keep it moving, baby!"

The Republican reportedly organised a bus-load of maskless people to come to the Capitol, and was seen wearing what appeared to be a motorcycle helmet during the fracas.