Palace v Saints - Match and Reaction

John Boy Saint

Redmond isn't the biggest reason why we are losing. But I want to see much more from him this season. Hes 26 with a couple of hundred EPL appearances. Yet still is playing like an inconsistent raw kid straight out of the academy. Needs more direct output. And take more ownership receiving the ball, not losing it cheaply and making the right decisions.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

The guy has no stand out attributes. Can anyone tell me what kind of midfielder he is? Is he creative? An enforcer? Can he dribble round people? 

He looks neat and tidy to me. Could work in a midfield 3 with the right players around him. But not what we need in a 4-2-2-2. Djenepo would be far more useful

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

The guy has no stand out attributes. Can anyone tell me what kind of midfielder he is? Is he creative? An enforcer? Can he dribble round people? 

Same was said about JWP. I know it doesn’t really mean anything, but there’s still plenty of time for the lad.

Just now, skintsaint said:

Redmond needs to watch how Palaces wide men play...direct with decent crosses..would prefer that to what he does.

Would help if he was played on the right wing, almost every time he plays out there he looks so much better. On the left 9/10 times he'll be cutting inside and passing backwards.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Would help if he was played on the right wing, almost every time he plays out there he looks so much better. On the left 9/10 times he'll be cutting inside and passing backwards.

Andros seems to be able to swing in decent crosses on his weak foot...can't see why Redmond can.t

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace v Saints - Match and Reaction
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic