Coronavirus

whelk

It’s not actually 15 deaths recorded today, it’s 15 added to the total. There were 21 recorded deaths but some corrections were made and 6 historical deaths removed from the total. 

Edited by RedArmy

23 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

It’s not actually 15 deaths recorded today, it’s 15 added to the total. There were 21 recorded deaths but some corrections were made and 6 historical deaths removed from the total. 

Yes I get that. Still it compares with last week doesn't it. 

36 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

As a result of the "lost weeks" on this forum driven by the change of server we lost quite a lot of content from people "explaining" what the daily figures "actually" are.

So it is lovely to see that start that up again on the new-look forum. Well done you.

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

As a result of the "lost weeks" on this forum driven by the change of server we lost quite a lot of content from people "explaining" what the daily figures "actually" are.

So it is lovely to see that start that up again on the new-look forum. Well done you.

I think that was the period I posted some of my greatest work. 
At least I can say cock piss shit cunt tit wank now 

58 minutes ago, whelk said:

And they fcking know they are going to go to a metre distance so why not let hospitality industry know now?. Poor sods hit hardest and been prepping for 2 metres. 

I think the problem there is that if you announce it, people will just do it straight away. Clearly they think we need another couple of weeks of 2m to lower infections.

We can all get a bit closer to each other from July 4th.

This is an absolute boom time for companies that produce shop floor signage, floor stickers and other communication materials. Just as they've finished counting the money on the 2m signage they'll get some nice new fat orders for 1m signs to replace them.

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Looking forward to July 5th when social media will be awash with doomsayers crying about a second spike that never arrives. 

Hopefully they’ll stay at home, the last thing we want is a load of amateur drinkers getting in the way and taking up limited space in the ale house . 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Who were the dolts decrying the possibility of a so called "second wave?" Alarming rise in cases for the first time in months accross Europe... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53175459

Europe has seen an increase in weekly cases of Covid-19 for the first time in months as restrictions are eased, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

In 11 countries, which include Armenia, Sweden, Moldova and North Macedonia, accelerated transmission has led to "very significant resurgence", said Regional Director Dr Hans Henri Kluge.

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.  Closely followed by :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53177282

UK holidaymakers could be able to travel to most of Western Europe this summer without having to quarantine.

Ministers are finalising plans for a series of "travel corridors" that will mean people arriving into the UK will not need to self-isolate.

Participating countries could include France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, Turkey and Finland - but not Portugal.

Restrictions for these countries are expected to be lifted in early July.

The reason Portugal will probably not be included is due to a rise in the number of new cases in and around Lisbon.

Sweden is also unlikely to be on the list because the infection rate there is higher than in the UK.

All a bit 'moot' to ban certain countries after Europe started lifting it's own internal travel bans....

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.  Closely followed by :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53177282

All a bit 'moot' to ban certain countries after Europe started lifting it's own internal travel bans....

What could possibly go wrong? Let's meet back in a couple of months when all the people moaning at the government for the travel ban in the first place will be moaning because we have to start all this stuff all over again. 

31 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Feckin eejits.

We’ve all been locked up, cancelled our holidays and loads off work or education. Recipe for hordes and don’t blame them. Lockdown went when they all leapt to defend Cummings.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What could possibly go wrong? Let's meet back in a couple of months when all the people moaning at the government for the travel ban in the first place will be moaning because we have to start all this stuff all over again. 

Still, as long as we can go to Marbs eh, that's all that matters right now...

1 minute ago, whelk said:

We’ve all been locked up, cancelled our holidays and loads off work or education. Recipe for hordes and don’t blame them. Lockdown went when they all leapt to defend Cummings.

I'll wager that 95% of those on the beach in Bournemouth yesterday and today wouldn't have the faintest idea who Cummings is....

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Surely there's a sensible balance to be struck between being a recluse and thousands pouring onto the beach. Can you imagine if this does face a resurgence to near similar levels that we had before? Absolutely no one is going to pay any attention to stay at home, it'll be a nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'll wager that 95% of those on the beach in Bournemouth yesterday and today wouldn't have the faintest idea who Cummings is....

Very hard to prove to collect on your bet.

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

They wouldn’t need to, they would just know that some gezzer who works for Boris completely ignores the rules and the government think it’s ok so why shouldn’t they.

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

They wouldn’t need to, they would just know that some gezzer who works for Boris completely ignores the rules and the government think it’s ok so why shouldn’t they.

Pony

Heat wave.

Thousands not working as on Furlough

Kids out of school

Nobody going abroad 

locked down for 3 months 

oh, I wonder why the beaches are packed.

Because someone the average joe has never heard of “may” have broken lockdown guidelines, of course it is.

Lol. Take your leftie glasses off. The beaches would have been just as packed had Dom not left his house for 4 months. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Pony

Heat wave.

Thousands not working as on Furlough

Kids out of school

Nobody going abroad 

locked down for 3 months 

oh, I wonder why the beaches are packed.

Because someone the average joe has never heard of “may” have broken lockdown guidelines, of course it is.

Lol. Take your leftie glasses off. The beaches would have been just as packed had Dom not left his house for 4 months. 

They are all factors of course, but so is the example set by the government IMO.

Funny how the media making out people going to beach are somehow breaking the rules. Piss easy to social distance on a beach and even the photos of Bournemouth yesterday you can see people are spaced out. Of course if you take pics at eye level it looks rammed but aerial shots show spacing.

declaring Major Incident - what exactly did their MI team have to do yesterday?

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Funny how the media making out people going to beach are somehow breaking the rules. Piss easy to social distance on a beach and even the photos of Bournemouth yesterday you can see people are spaced out. Of course if you take pics at eye level it looks rammed but aerial shots show spacing.

declaring Major Incident - what exactly did their MI team have to do yesterday?

You're right.  Very easy to social distance on a beach, the same as a field, forest, lake, countryside.  I guess what they're most worried about are the choke points - car parks, paths to beaches, takeaways, toilets etc where it's not so easy to socially distance.

Watching the news yesterday, I believe their MI team were stopping more people from entering the town, closing roads and dishing out lots of parking fines :classic_wink:

Now it seems that the "world-beating app" that Hancock said was key to beating the virus is useless, the UK embassy in Berlin has been asked to approach the German government to see if we can copy theirs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-germany-help-contact-tracing-app-nhs-a9587106.html

This is the one that Boris said didn't work in Parliament earlier this week.

Are there any vaguely competent members of this government?

Edited by ecuk268

I've worked with a few idiots over the years, as many of us will have done, but I have never seen any organisation with so many clueless individuals sat around one table.

If this cabinet was running a company, UK Ltd would go under in six months, it would be hilariously chaotic, a lesson in stupidity.

Talentless.

• Like 1

I guess it there's a good time for another virus to develop it's when global travel is low. 

The main talking point here though is what Wes is going to call it. Will it be Chinese Virus the Second? CV2? Something else?

Leicester info is interesting in so much as are they going to skirt around that infections seems prevalent in garment factories and food processing.  And widespread amongst 20 to 40 males of Asian background. 
Will authorities be following up if social distancing or not and calling it out that why were garment factories staying open?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/30/some-leicester-factories-stayed-open-and-forced-staff-to-come-in

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Leicester info is interesting in so much as are they going to skirt around that infections seems prevalent in garment factories and food processing.  And widespread amongst 20 to 40 males of Asian background. 
Will authorities be following up if social distancing or not and calling it out that why were garment factories staying open?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/30/some-leicester-factories-stayed-open-and-forced-staff-to-come-in

Earthworm Jim guesses no. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus