Coronavirus

whelk

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is scandalous. Firstly, that PHE are actually counting deaths like this and secondly, that Hancock didn’t know. 

I’m sure there’s plenty more stuff like this, whether it comes out will depend on the nature of the enquiry & it’s remit. I’d imagine the establishment will be preparing for the whitewash variety . 

A 21 year old lad in our village commited suicide last month after suffering with severe depression. His death certificste lists CoViD as CoD.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is scandalous. Firstly, that PHE are actually counting deaths like this and secondly, that Hancock didn’t know. 

I’m sure there’s plenty more stuff like this, whether it comes out will depend on the nature of the enquiry & it’s remit. I’d imagine the establishment will be preparing for the whitewash variety . 

It's been bugging me for weeks as to why England's daily death figures have stayed relatively high (in the low hundreds) when the other 3 UK countries have fallen down to single digits or zero on several occasions, and this debacle would explain it.

The thing that miffs me most is not that PH England have been mis-attributing deaths (as bonkers as that is) but that the 4 UK nations have not been counting in a consistent way, thus giving political ammunition to the separatists. 

On 18/07/2020 at 19:07, badgerx16 said:

A 21 year old lad in our village commited suicide last month after suffering with severe depression. His death certificste lists CoViD as CoD.

I have heard many other examples of this. Good friend of mine in Hedge End, father died of cancer. He had been in hospice for 6 months, terminal waiting to die. COVID listed as cause of death. I have at least 5 similar examples. 

Meanwhile, i have 4 mates working in 4 different hosiptals. All of them say the same thing. They have never been so quiet and have seen not ONE COVID death. One of them works quite closely with doctors and says they have told him they have been told to list as many deaths as possible as COVID. There is no getting away from the fact that there is something untoward going on with this virus news.

Work out some exponential numbers. I asked 37 facebook friends if they know anyone who has had the virus, tested for it or died from it. NONE. They said they had also been asking people thi same thing, and their friends of freinds had also been asking. I worked out that something around 50,000 odd are known to us all via the way friends of friends add up as an exponential. No small number. So how come not a one of them knows anyone tested, had, died? 

Queue the MSM sheep with stories of how many they have known die of it. 

Regards people being tested, or having the virus my experience is that I know one person who died from it (he was the first person in Southampton this happened to and was old with health problems) and one person who has tested positive.

1 other person I know had all the symptoms but this was way back in March when tests were not readily available so it was never confirmed.

My brother in-law who worked on a Covid ward hasn't had it, but a number of his colleagues did.

Edited by The Cat

On 16/07/2020 at 19:40, trousers said:

Isn't this a bonkers skewing of the stats if this is true?

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no-one-can-ever-recover-from-covid-19-in-england-a-statistical-anomaly/

"it seems that PHE regularly looks for people on the NHS database who have ever tested positive, and simply checks to see if they are still alive or not. PHE does not appear to consider how long ago the COVID test result was, nor whether the person has been successfully treated in hospital and discharged to the community. Anyone who has tested COVID positive but subsequently died at a later date of any cause will be included on the PHE COVID death figures.

By this PHE definition, no one with COVID in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness. A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later."

I know 2 people who've tested positive, and others who have been ill and likely had it. 

The 2 who tested positive have been very unwell and will have life time issues. 

1 a 50 year old man. White. Very fit and healthy pre covid. Didn't need a ventilator was acutely ill and family were concerned he wouldn't make it. Now has diabetes as a result of covid attacking his body. Other health issues and anticipated at least 6 months until feeling something like normal again. 

The other is a 46 year old woman. Super fit. White. No health issues. Didn't need hospital care but 4 months on, still very unwell. Has been jaundiced, constantly fatigued, all sorts of recurring infections as immune system damaged. The surprising one is that she's left with arthritis in her wrist and loss of feeling in a hand as a result of the attack covid has on the system. Both lifetime issues that'll likely degenerate. 

If either of these were to die as as a result of a condition left by covid, i.e. in the ladies case say a chest infection, I can't see that it would be wrong to list covid as a cause of death. I suspect that's what has been happening at least to some extent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st.bangkok said:

I have heard many other examples of this. Good friend of mine in Hedge End, father died of cancer. He had been in hospice for 6 months, terminal waiting to die. COVID listed as cause of death. I have at least 5 similar examples. 

Meanwhile, i have 4 mates working in 4 different hosiptals. All of them say the same thing. They have never been so quiet and have seen not ONE COVID death. One of them works quite closely with doctors and says they have told him they have been told to list as many deaths as possible as COVID. There is no getting away from the fact that there is something untoward going on with this virus news.

Work out some exponential numbers. I asked 37 facebook friends if they know anyone who has had the virus, tested for it or died from it. NONE. They said they had also been asking people thi same thing, and their friends of freinds had also been asking. I worked out that something around 50,000 odd are known to us all via the way friends of friends add up as an exponential. No small number. So how come not a one of them knows anyone tested, had, died? 

So your little survey is valid but anyones else's is not because they are msm sheep.

I know around 10 people who have tested positive, we have had two clusters at work with at least 20 positives. I also have a family member who died from cancer and the cause of death was put down to wait for it...cancer. Hey but it doesn't count because I like to get my news from a reputable source instead of some one man band free thinking patriot.

21 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

So your little survey is valid but anyones else's is not because they are msm sheep.

I know around 10 people who have tested positive, we have had two clusters at work with at least 20 positives. I also have a family member who died from cancer and the cause of death was put down to wait for it...cancer. Hey but it doesn't count because I like to get my news from a reputable source instead of some one man band free thinking patriot.

Sheeple, that is what you re known as. In years to come, when it all comes out, man will we laugh at you.

http://inproportion2.talkigy.com/cause_of_death_20jul.html

Edited by st.bangkok
add link
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Regards people being tested, or having the virus my experience is that I know one person who died from it (he was the first person in Southampton this happened to and was old with health problems) and one person who has tested positive.

1 other person I know had all the symptoms but this was way back in March when tests were not readily available so it was never confirmed.

My brother in-law who worked on a Covid ward hasn't had it, but a number of his colleagues did.

I know four nurses in Southampton who have had it. One is my next door neighbour who had a mild form in April, one is a friend I play football with who has a very mild form, his mother had it and she was very ill and a hairs breadth from a ventilator and the other one has been quite serious as well. I find it weird that some people think it's all made up. 

30 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I know four nurses in Southampton who have had it. One is my next door neighbour who had a mild form in April, one is a friend I play football with who has a very mild form, his mother had it and she was very ill and a hairs breadth from a ventilator and the other one has been quite serious as well. I find it weird that some people think it's all made up. 

Other than Donald Trump and Bolsaro in Brazil, I'm not sure anybody has claimed it is made up. There do seem to be, however, questions around the veracity of the statistics, in England in particular.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Other than Donald Trump and Bolsaro in Brazil, I'm not sure anybody has claimed it is made up. There do seem to be, however, questions around the veracity of the statistics, in England in particular.

You reference 2 political leaders. Many many people in social media and the real world believe this to be made up. Some think it's a social experiment (by persons named for an unspecified purpose) and then there's those who babble on about Bill Gates, a micro chipping drive, and 5G, etc. 

Personally, I'm not sure where the interpretation of past statistics take us. Loads of people have died, loads more will, loads of lives have been ruined health wise and financially. We can only control the spread, work out treatments pending a  possible vaccine, and manage the economy as best we can. Nothing else will alter anything.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Well I think St. Bangkok was, or at least very close to it. None of his mates have had it so it must be false or some sort of conspiracy. 

• Like 1

I know of 3 health care professionals who tested positive for it. One was mildly ill, but the other 2 didn’t have a clue they’d even had it until the anti body test came back positive.

My father in law tested positive and died from it. He was early 90’s and in poor health.

That said, Bangkok is not too far wide of the mark. Accurate reporting of deaths is an important part of managing this and the figures appear to be totally random. If it’s true that anyone who has tested positive is recorded as a Covid death regardless, heads should roll. If preventable deaths are occurring because of the misguided policy of prioritising Covid over everything else, then very senior people should be held to account. If you’re going to trash the economy, ration the health service & frighten the general population half to death,   you need clear statistical evidence and reliable facts as justification. Without it, a tsunami of anger is going to wash the establishment & Government away. 

7 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

Sheeple, that is what you re known as. In years to come, when it all comes out, man will we laugh at you.

http://inproportion2.talkigy.com/cause_of_death_20jul.html

Nothing really surprising there, we all know that Covid effects people with underlying conditions more and in many cases it is just finishing people off early. I thought it has always been made pretty clear when the death stats are "deaths who tested positive for Covid".

Anyway, I think the most dangerous thing about this virus is what we don't know, not what we do so governments are wise to be cautious.

10 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Presumably they hadn't previously tested positive for Covid...

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I know of 3 health care professionals who tested positive for it. One was mildly ill, but the other 2 didn’t have a clue they’d even had it until the anti body test came back positive.

My father in law tested positive and died from it. He was early 90’s and in poor health.

That said, Bangkok is not too far wide of the mark. Accurate reporting of deaths is an important part of managing this and the figures appear to be totally random. If it’s true that anyone who has tested positive is recorded as a Covid death regardless, heads should roll. If preventable deaths are occurring because of the misguided policy of prioritising Covid over everything else, then very senior people should be held to account. If you’re going to trash the economy, ration the health service & frighten the general population half to death,   you need clear statistical evidence and reliable facts as justification. Without it, a tsunami of anger is going to wash the establishment & Government away. 

Are you going to piss your pants again if/when any second wave materialises? 

We get you got frightened half to death - all based on stats was it? Some of us were much more level headed and less gullible.

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you going to piss your pants again if/when any second wave materialises? 

We get you got frightened half to death - all based on stats was it? Some of us were much more level headed and less gullible.

That's a bit harsh. His father in law died of it. 

11 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm sure a certain someone will be along any minute claiming you know nothing about 'excess deaths', blah, blah, blah.

Hey you must be relieved someone more stupid than you is posting nonsense.

i have 16 doctor friends in 16 different hospitals and they have been to,d to go out and collect corpses and stamp them with Covid 19 on their foreheads

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's a bit harsh. His father in law died of it. 

How is that relevant? He has done a complete u-turn and now calling for heads to roll as if he has been duped. Funny how Cummings was never a thing for him yet PHE are making him apoplectic. Phoney.

12 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

The point is that the easiest measure is the excess deaths versus the averages for each month in previous years. This is where the 60,000+ dead from coronavirus figure comes from. 

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

How is that relevant? He has done a complete u-turn and now calling for heads to roll as if he has been duped. Funny how Cummings was never a thing for him yet PHE are making him apoplectic. Phoney.

How is someone close to you dying of it not relevant to how you react to it? 

There is no question at all we have been shammed, fooled etc. Well, some of you have. I certainly wasn't as we watched from affar. This was nothing mnore than a social control experiment, and in the coming years you will see this happen again and again until eventually all you TV brainwashed fools will do everything they tell you to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st.bangkok said:

There is no question at all we have been shammed, fooled etc. Well, some of you have. I certainly wasn't as we watched from affar. This was nothing mnore than a social control experiment, and in the coming years you will see this happen again and again until eventually all you TV brainwashed fools will do everything they tell you to do. 

I'll bite.

So who's behind this experiment? What are they hoping to achieve? Why would people choose to damage economies in the scale we're seeing? 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I'll bite.

So who's behind this experiment? What are they hoping to achieve? Why would people choose to damage economies in the scale we're seeing? 

1) the people who "really" control things behind the puppet governments of the world. 

2) control of the population and the perpetual fear of the masses to keep them compliant. 

3) because it helps facilitate point two. 

All utter bollocks of course but that's the answers. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

1) the people who "really" control things behind the puppet governments of the world. 

2) control of the population and the perpetual fear of the masses to keep them compliant. 

3) because it helps facilitate point two. 

All utter bollocks of course but that's the answers. 

Indeed. The notion that this is some kind of social control experiment is the biggest load of bollox ever. It assumes that every government is involved, or so controlled and/or in fear of the unspecified puppet master(s), that they too comply. Absolutely nuts. 

53 minutes ago, egg said:

Indeed. The notion that this is some kind of social control experiment is the biggest load of bollox ever. It assumes that every government is involved, or so controlled and/or in fear of the unspecified puppet master(s), that they too comply. Absolutely nuts. 

Except Brasil ;)  

4 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

Jesus wept.

8 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

Wow, that is serious paranoia.

On 20/07/2020 at 18:50, Weston Super Saint said:

Presumably they hadn't previously tested positive for Covid...

That's right and if he had tested positive it would have been right for it to be listed on the death certificate. It would be almost impossible to determine what really killed him.

13 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

Crack or syphilis?

6 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

So the death of someone close to him didn't influence his reaction? 

Clearly not. His FiL sadly died of the virus, then he was going on about how we've all been had. I know if I did that my wife would still be kicking me around the house now.

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Clearly not. His FiL sadly died of the virus, then he was going on about how we've all been had. I know if I did that my wife would still be kicking me around the house now.

I watched Who wants to be a Millionaire last night with Jeremy Clarkson as the host. In true Clarkson style he made a few contentious statements - partly to obtain a reaction.

Duckie is very similar. He says things for effect to get a reaction. Dont take him seriously, laugh at his provocative comments and dont spend too long in spotting his inconsistencies.

Edited by Tamesaint
PS. I think he is probably a good bloke ... just a little strange.

I am wondering what the back death would have been like if medieval peasants had facebook. There would be a guy with a picture of him with as many rats as possible saying its not real. Another with a small pimple saying the end of the world is nigh. People just trying to pray it away, while they accuse some shadowy government of robed individuals telling them all what to do.

28 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I really don't see what the issue is with wearing a mask. 

Me too. There is weird subset of Americans who think their 'rights' trump everbody else's. I never wear a mask either as I think picking up loads of small sub clinical doses is the best way to innoculate yourself. But if I have to I will. The idea of storming the barricaded doors of Waitrose to exercise my right to buy coffee mask free is just bizarre. 

Edited by buctootim

4 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

It’s a good job my wife shares the same opinion as me then isn’t it?

You seem to have an issue with somebody changing their opinion as we learn more about what’s going on. Is stubbornness and the refusal to admit you were mistaken now a strength? 

When the snap dragon shared some of the worst case scenarios & planning with me, it was a horrific picture. Now I know it wouldn’t scare the forum hardmen, they’re made of sterner stuff. The more the time went on it became apparent the Government & authorities had totally overreacted. You only have to study the basic evidence, from people not following their own guidelines (Cummins etc), to the misrepresentation of deaths. The mask fiasco, the lack of spikes after beach visits & marches, the fact that the SD’s work colleagues have tested positive for the anti body test and didn’t even realise they’d had it, the lack of mayhem in Sweden & Japan, together with countless other signs, led me to believe such a hard lockdown was disproportionate & will end up doing more harm than good. 

You deliberately make out that “you’ve been had” mantra puts me in the conspiracy camp, making out that I believe it to be a hoax. The way we’ve been had is the Government covering its arse. There was no need for such a harsh lockdown, I’m sure what we have now would have been sufficient, the furlough scheme should be wound up earlier & the NHS should never have rationed its care which will lead to unnecessary deaths. What we are seeing now is the establishment covering its tracks & trying to avoid blame. That’s the way we’ve been had, and when millions lose their jobs, homes and good health, others will start to agree. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus