Jump to content

Saints 1-1 Man Utd - Match Thread


Recommended Posts

Looked a bit empty at the start but we now know why! I used a friend's ticket: I still haven't received mine and didn't fancy a long queue based on how I've been feeling recently.

I'm now feeling a lot more positive about the season: Livramento a revelation, Armstrong looks like he'll be a real nuisance to opposition defences, Perraud will be fine once he adapts to the physical demands. I saw him looking to the bench before he went down with cramp, but he was doing some great covering and forward runs. The thought occurred to me that KWP was on the bench because he can play both sides and we demand a lot of our fullbacks: what a change to have a decent sub available.

Our aerial deficiencies apart I thought we had a lot more bite to our game. Having decent options off the bench also helped. Not sure what we do about Djenepo but it's always fun to guess what he's going to do!

With Salisu and the new arrivals we do seem to have a bit more pace in the side. I'd dearly like us to upset Mike Ashley next week: the Newcastle fans are fine, but sorry guys..

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Appy said:

What end had the ticket issues? 
 

I arrived at turnstile J at around 1:25, just walked straight in, no queue at all. 

We were also at J turnstile. Season tickets hadnt arrived (they still havent) so had paper tickets. The paper tickets didnt work at the turnstile. Complete pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the probs with my ST was that it now had to read the bar code. Last season, just shove it in the slot and go. Now, you have to scan the bar code which takes far longer. Half the people seemed not to be able to work it out either. Maybe that has to be the way to do it, if also having QR readers. Not really an improvement. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

There were a few empty seats around but not that many. Not quite a full house but not far off it.

Did any Man Utd fans get kicked out for celebrating in the home ends or were there not many in our seats?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Did any Man Utd fans get kicked out for celebrating in the home ends or were there not many in our seats?

Had a row of 5 behind us in the Itchen, they didn’t think they had much to celebrate, kept talking about how useless all their players are! 
 

Really enjoyed turning round to them with a big grin, all sat down when Adams scored

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2021 at 01:47, SFC Forever said:

I would like to see KWP as Rightback with Tino in front of him. They could really do well together and Tino could cover when KWP goes forward.

Why can't we loan a keeper from one of the big boys?

This on both counts.

I loved it when Stephens gave Fernandes what for. About fucking time we stopped being so nice and acquiescent and started getting in the ref's ear for a change.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

Mcarthy dived in anticipation of a clean shot and was already on his way down when the scuffed shot went to his right and hit his legs. No fault of his as I see it.

He tried to get out of the way and couldn’t quite manage it in time. It’s very kind of you to call it a shot. More of a back pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viking Saint said:

This on both counts.

I loved it when Stephens gave Fernandes what for. About fucking time we stopped being so nice and acquiescent and started getting in the ref's ear for a change.

 

I thought the MU players were like prima donnas moaning at the ref every time a decision went against them. Disgusting example to give young wannabees  watching.

They seem tot hink they have god given right to wIn games

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights.

People can make as many excuses as they like for McCarthy letting that goal in, and if it was a one-off then maybe it could be excused as unfortunate. But it's not a one-off is it. These kind of things seem to happen to him multiple times every season. Simply not good enough.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Just watched the highlights.

People can make as many excuses as they like for McCarthy letting that goal in, and if it was a one-off then maybe it could be excused as unfortunate. But it's not a one-off is it. These kind of things seem to happen to him multiple times every season. Simply not good enough.

Have to agree.  He is not good enough for us, sadly

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have to agree.  He is not good enough for us, sadly

I think most of us would agree that a solid goalkeeper would go a long way towards helping make sure we are not caught up in a relegation dogfight. Regretably it appears that we are stuck with AM and FF due to the fact that both are on big money. This could turn out to be a huge error if we go down due to goalkeeping errors. Like others I would bite the bullet and try to get Sam Johnstone in now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

I think most of us would agree that a solid goalkeeper would go a long way towards helping make sure we are not caught up in a relegation dogfight. Regretably it appears that we are stuck with AM and FF due to the fact that both are on big money. This could turn out to be a huge error if we go down due to goalkeeping errors. Like others I would bite the bullet and try to get Sam Johnstone in now.

If we’re caught up in a relegation dogfight it isn’t going to be caused by the goalkeeper situation alone.

Neither are great and club would undoubtedly prefer to be able to fix it but the finances clearly don’t allow it after solving the more pressing areas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})