Saints 1-1 Man Utd - Match Thread

niceandfriendly

One of the probs with my ST was that it now had to read the bar code. Last season, just shove it in the slot and go. Now, you have to scan the bar code which takes far longer. Half the people seemed not to be able to work it out either. Maybe that has to be the way to do it, if also having QR readers. Not really an improvement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

There were a few empty seats around but not that many. Not quite a full house but not far off it.

Did any Man Utd fans get kicked out for celebrating in the home ends or were there not many in our seats?

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Did any Man Utd fans get kicked out for celebrating in the home ends or were there not many in our seats?

Had a row of 5 behind us in the Itchen, they didn’t think they had much to celebrate, kept talking about how useless all their players are! 

Really enjoyed turning round to them with a big grin, all sat down when Adams scored

On 23/08/2021 at 01:47, SFC Forever said:

I would like to see KWP as Rightback with Tino in front of him. They could really do well together and Tino could cover when KWP goes forward.

Why can't we loan a keeper from one of the big boys?

This on both counts.

I loved it when Stephens gave Fernandes what for. About fucking time we stopped being so nice and acquiescent and started getting in the ref's ear for a change.

5 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

Mcarthy dived in anticipation of a clean shot and was already on his way down when the scuffed shot went to his right and hit his legs. No fault of his as I see it.

He tried to get out of the way and couldn’t quite manage it in time. It’s very kind of you to call it a shot. More of a back pass.

4 hours ago, Viking Saint said:

This on both counts.

I loved it when Stephens gave Fernandes what for. About fucking time we stopped being so nice and acquiescent and started getting in the ref's ear for a change.

I thought the MU players were like prima donnas moaning at the ref every time a decision went against them. Disgusting example to give young wannabees  watching.

They seem tot hink they have god given right to wIn games

Just watched the highlights.

People can make as many excuses as they like for McCarthy letting that goal in, and if it was a one-off then maybe it could be excused as unfortunate. But it's not a one-off is it. These kind of things seem to happen to him multiple times every season. Simply not good enough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Just watched the highlights.

People can make as many excuses as they like for McCarthy letting that goal in, and if it was a one-off then maybe it could be excused as unfortunate. But it's not a one-off is it. These kind of things seem to happen to him multiple times every season. Simply not good enough.

Have to agree.  He is not good enough for us, sadly

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have to agree.  He is not good enough for us, sadly

I think most of us would agree that a solid goalkeeper would go a long way towards helping make sure we are not caught up in a relegation dogfight. Regretably it appears that we are stuck with AM and FF due to the fact that both are on big money. This could turn out to be a huge error if we go down due to goalkeeping errors. Like others I would bite the bullet and try to get Sam Johnstone in now.

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

I think most of us would agree that a solid goalkeeper would go a long way towards helping make sure we are not caught up in a relegation dogfight. Regretably it appears that we are stuck with AM and FF due to the fact that both are on big money. This could turn out to be a huge error if we go down due to goalkeeping errors. Like others I would bite the bullet and try to get Sam Johnstone in now.

If we’re caught up in a relegation dogfight it isn’t going to be caused by the goalkeeper situation alone.

Neither are great and club would undoubtedly prefer to be able to fix it but the finances clearly don’t allow it after solving the more pressing areas.