How many more dead threads is Dr Who going to resurrect ?

badgerx16

I’m a bit of a sucker for going back in time and seeing how things have changed over time, or not changed. Always interested in the then and now photos, old maps, shops, houses, pubs (you get the idea) and what is there now. It is where the Dr Who comes from in a way for me. Ok I cannot see into the future, or travel to the future. 

I’m only digging up the ones that I think may have changed quite a lot. Or I find interesting. 

4 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Indeed, I wonder how many, or if any died. Who would know 😷

I have a clause in my will to ensure an RIP whelk thread is started. Just wouldn’t be fair to leave you all with the uncertainty,

I only want nice things posted on that thread btw and no ‘good riddance to that bastard’ more ‘her posts made such a difference to my life’

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I think we’ll all look back on this as that time Dr Who starting pointlessly posting shit for his own hilarious amusement (oh, his aching sides) and then got banned.

Lighthouse isn’t to be messed with. It’s like he’s taunting him

It's enjoyable, its like your favourite house improvement show that is fizzling out, doing a series of revisits to remind you why you committed 10 years of Thursday nights to it.

It's nice to see the golden age with all the good posters that don't post anymore. The time before the culture wars, I don't think anyone was on ignore in those days.

I'm finding it refreshing, looking back at some of the random, light-hearted stuff that used to get posted, and remembering some of the long forgotten posters.

But, sadly, it has also served to remind me why I rarely venture into the lounge anymore. There used to be a wide variety of topics discussed by an interesting mix of people. But these days it just seems to be the same small and polarised group of people having the same old circular arguments (and yes, before anyone cries "hypocrite", I'm aware that I have also been guilty of this, which is why I decided not to engage so much anymore).

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 22:26, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm finding it refreshing, looking back at some of the random, light-hearted stuff that used to get posted, and remembering some of the long forgotten posters.

But, sadly, it has also served to remind me why I rarely venture into the lounge anymore. There used to be a wide variety of topics discussed by an interesting mix of people. But these days it just seems to be the same small and polarised group of people having the same old circular arguments (and yes, before anyone cries "hypocrite", I'm aware that I have also been guilty of this, which is why I decided not to engage so much anymore).

Some would call it cyber bullying at times! But I will leave the old threads alone. I have been a very naughty so and so apparently. 🙄

Edited by Dr Who?