Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

19 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

hahahah yeah i've been there to watch some games before and no luton fan ever has called it that.

feels like carabo cup tie

Don’t look a lot different from the season we beat them in the promotion season back in the 80’s

IMG_0139.webp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s only five CBS if Stephens is not out for too long.

8 games they said didn't they? we dont need 5, we've got 4 decent options now. Long term you'd think it would be Stephens and THB as first choice but probably Bednarek and Holgate tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

from Rif the journo who is all over PSV

At PSV, the German central defender Armel Bella-Kotchap from Southampton was also on the list of possible reinforcements, but certainly no confirmation yet that he will come to Eindhoven. We keep looking.

That is the Gakpo journalist from last year, right? Remember the name I think

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mitch01 said:

Even if we did manage to shift Onuachu, Djenepo, Bree and Aribo in the last few hours, I think we have too many players. Not really sure why we are signing Stewart with Che staying, Mara set to be given chances to develop and Armstrong another option at CF. Would also be a shame not to shift Bednarek in the last few hours as he is now quite a long way from the first eleven. Still, would rather too much strength in depth than too little.

What is Che gets injured? Do you want to rely upon Mara who hasn't shown that he is able to do the job?

What happens if Che pushes for a move in January? Do we want to be scrambling around in the January market which has served us so well in the past (Carillo / Tall Paul)?

What happens if Che's form takes a dip? He hasn't been consistently clinical with us the whole time he has been here. He has started this season well but if it is true he really wanted to leave and was perhaps playing his socks off to get his move, he could go off the boil if he is still with us tomorrow.

Stewart is an absolute must signing in my opinion. Gives us another option and could end up being better than Che which will boost our chances of promotion this season.

With Ballard out on loan, having just Che, Tall Paul (unless he goes) and Mara as the main options upfront will not get us promoted unless Che is on fire the whole season. Fr me, Adams just isn't that main striker we can rely on. I'd rather see him played as one of the wide 3 upfront

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Im exhausted with this shit, wilcox must be smashing 500ml monster drinks and meth to get through this week

i hope not, that will give him a temporary sugar spike which will lead to a crash, he needs slow releasing carbs mixed with protein, perhaps oats, greek yogurt with banana and blueberries with some whey protein blended in and perhaps a recovery gel every couple of hours to maintain consistent energy levels. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

i hope not, that will give him a temporary sugar spike which will lead to a crash, he needs slow releasing carbs mixed with protein, perhaps oats, greek yogurt with banana and blueberries with some whey protein blended in and perhaps a recovery gel every couple of hours to maintain consistent energy levels. 

He only needs to stay awake for two hours. He's not doing Ironman. 

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Im exhausted with this shit, wilcox must be smashing 500ml monster drinks and meth to get through this week

Well someone was doing drugs when we brought Tall Paul seems only fitting it’s the same when we sell. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Having signed THB and taken the profits to TSB, I expect he is relaxing with a little THC.

MOTWYW.

Edited by Suhari
Added MOTWYW. 'cause I thought it was funny. I have had an gin
  • Haha 2

Firstly Stewart scored 40 goals in 80 games secondly Adams has done this before scored a few goals quickly then nothing for months, Stewart may well turn out to be the no1 with Adams as backup. Furthermore the presence of Stewart might make Adams keep his finger pulled out. As for ABK, what a twat, doesn't want to play in the Championship but the weak Dutch League is preferable. We need to unload the sick note as soon as we can for as much as we can get. He'll get to play in Champion's League maybe and Europe every week. Good riddance. I wonder if his shoulder will pass the medical.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

😅

This is the kind of shit that happens because the club prioritise making wanky introduction videos and interviews rather than just annoucing that he's been signed on a 3 year contract or whatever in a three line tweet.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2