Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

He's one of Sky's 'main stays' now, fronts Soccer Saturday as the main panel regular, lead pundit on some games. Part of cup draws and all the such.

Absolutely horrific to listen to though, trying to just be a proper gansta' innit.

Horrendous. The bloke can’t speak properly. I know times have moved on since John Arlott etc, but fuck me, you’d expect a pundit to have a grasp of basic English. It’s like getting David from Heartbeat to host The South Bank Show. 

I can’t get the Blackmore thing on my iPad. Have the CoT got a utube channel? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I don't think it's necessarily as dramatic as that. He said he wanted to leave so we worked on a sale and brought in his replacement. Then his move didn't work out so we told him he still had to leave as we'd have too many centre backs

I don't think it's necessarily as dramatic as that. Guessing we wanted him out of the dressing room, and he wanted nothing to do with the Championship.

I think it was Alfie that made a really good point there about Walker-Peters.

He's probably one of the better players in this entire league and we've not read one agent-fed story in the media about him wanting out, potential moves etc. Let's obviously see if anything drastic happens in the last half an hour but got a lot of respect for him as he was definitely one of the ones who I could've seen going right away.

Would make more Premier League teams than not in my opinion.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Deadline Day Dan sounds dead.

A car just zoomed passed his house. Maybe he should shut his window

I had to turn it off. It reminds me of the fans forums, I could listen to Adam and Alfie talk about saints but as soon as they get fans involved the same questions get asked a million times in cringeworthy fashion. 

• Like 1

Assuming no one else that matters departs, we have one hell of a squad for this division. Fucking huge strength in depth in all areas. 

Of course, massive pressure for promotion first go. But with a fair wind, have a massive chance of winning the league

• Like 4

Just now, Kenilworthy said:

Schmeichel released by Nice - would be a great signing

from what i remember he hardly trained during each week (aka he thought he was messi and could train 2/3 times a week) and was considered an undesirable within their squad because of his attitude.

He's past it now.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Assuming no one else that matters departs, we have one hell of a squad for this division. Fucking huge strength in depth in all areas. 

Of course, massive pressure for promotion first go. But with a fair wind, have a massive chance of winning the league

I think that is truly the most positive post you have ever written 

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, SotonianWill said:

I had to turn it off. It reminds me of the fans forums, I could listen to Adam and Alfie talk about saints but as soon as they get fans involved the same questions get asked a million times in cringeworthy fashion. 

Yes they do, someone just asked of we could have softer seats for away fans to help them feel more comfortable.

Mention of the board and SR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He's probably one of the better players in this entire league and we've not read one agent-fed story in the media about him wanting out, potential moves etc. Let's obviously see if anything drastic happens in the last half an hour but got a lot of respect for him as he was definitely one of the ones who I could've seen going right away.

Yes, he's got a quiet, respectful demeanour about him and a professionalism which must endear him to managers, coaches, players and fans - I imagine Martin will be delighted to keep not only a good character at the Club, but a class player who lifts our promotion chances considerably - and he plays the game with a smile on his face.   It's the best news of the window for me.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Alex, your account has been hacked. I don’t see the generic negativity, it’s bizarre 😅

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Master Bates said:

Yes they do, someone just asked of we could have softer seats for away fans to help them feel more comfortable.

We're in the Championship now: we're going to have to work much harder to get away fans to come here. Perhaps we could also offer them a free glass of wine.

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Alex, your account has been hacked. I don’t see the generic negativity, it’s bizarre 😅

Say it how it is. Martin said the squad would be stronger after the deadline…. Whether it is not entirely by design, but feck me. 

Alcaraz will be lucky to get a game here

1 minute ago, austsaint said:

Yes, he's got a quiet, respectful demeanour about him and a professionalism which must endear him to managers, coaches, players and fans - I imagine Martin will be delighted to keep not only a good character at the Club, but a class player who lifts our promotion chances considerably - and he plays the game with a smile on his face.   It's the best news of the window for me.

KWP

Tiny Legend 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Couldn't agree with you more.

With the Stephens injury and Che (alleged vice-captain with the proposed new deal) unlikely to be involved tomorrow, I'd quite like to see him given the armband to be honest.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I think I mentioned the other day that when Saints score he is almost always the first team mate to run beaming towards the player that scored 😌

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think I mentioned the other day that when Saints score he is almost always the first team mate to run beaming towards the player that scored 😌

I said before KWP isn't going anywhere.  It's too late in the window for him to go, if he was going to go he would have gone by now.

That's how you fucking do it.

• Like 2

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Based on?

The squad now you can get behind a hell of a lot more than you could three months ago.

Same goes for the management and coaching team.

I think that's the key for me. I'm not basing the strength of the squad on how much it costs, or how much we spend out on wages etc - the strength surley has to be made up by the commitment of the players.

We're much better off for example with a committed THB than a quality, yet not committed, ABK.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

On deadline day, I do think Clinton Morrisons agent has to be a fucking genius, the Einstein of agents. To get that fucking plank front and centre of everything is quite remarkable. 

every time I hear his voice I say a little thankyou to Robert Adler.