Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

21 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Tweet that Saints put out, having a dig at Football Insider?

The official Saints twitter posted the first confirmation of his signing with Ross giving it a big cheesy grin and two fists up at about 11:30 last night. Below was a quoted tweet from footyinsider at about 5pm ish claiming that he had failed his medical and the deal was off.

FootyInsider247 have deleted their original Tweet so it's not showing now

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Now the window has slammed shut I just have to thank the CoT for their hard work finding all those snippets to keep us informed. They deserve a decent rest, especially it must have been mad at HQ last night as they had told us about all the comings and goings there were going to be happening late on.

Must be exhausted, I know I was as I was trawling through all their clues to the many incomings and outgoings on the night.

I look forward to part 2 in January.

Seriously though, it has been fun playing their game and lightened up some dull days, thanks lads

Yeah, it was light hearted and I think most took it in the spirit it was intended. Also, the tone of this thread yesterday was decent throughout without any sniping or other nonsense. Spose it helps when the team's doing well in and off the pitch. 

• Like 2

I’m glad that pantomime is over, for 4 moths anyway. Time now to vote for the most neurotic, bed wetting poster of the summer transfer window.

My vote goes, hands down, to hypochondriac, who, I imagine, is currently prostrate in a darkened room hooked up to an intravenous bottle of vodka.

An honorary mention goes to Dman for their efforts but they just didn’t managed to keep up with the intensity and quantity of hypo’s posts. If we had failed to keep hold of Che and hadn’t signed another striker I think that poor old hypo would have spontaneously combusted. 🔥

• Haha 2

Just now, sadoldgit said:

I’m glad that pantomime is over, for 4 moths anyway. Time now to vote for the most neurotic, bed wetting poster of the summer transfer window.

My vote goes, hands down, to hypochondriac, who, I imagine, is currently prostrate in a darkened room hooked up to an intravenous bottle of vodka.

An honorary mention goes to Dman for their efforts but they just didn’t managed to keep up with the intensity and quantity of hypo’s posts. If we had failed to keep hold of Che and hadn’t signed another striker I think that poor old hypo would have spontaneously combusted. 🔥

What's the point of this post? As egg said, it's been good nature on here over the last few days because of the lack of digs and snipes.

You might be coming from the angle of knocking down negativity, but all posts like this do is create it imo. People are entitled to their opinions and views, if you don't agree with it you don't have to highlight it after the event and take the piss.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Another one. This post is absolutely not required 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Oh grow up SoG. There's a game on. We've had a cracking window. And yep, yesterday's thread was really good throughout. One noticeable part of it was your absence. In your own unique way though, up you pop, having a pop, and then later you'll be whining that people are mean to you. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What's the point of this post? As egg said, it's been good nature on here over the last few days because of the lack of digs and snipes.

You might be coming from the angle of knocking down negativity, but all posts like this do is create it imo. People are entitled to their opinions and views, if you don't agree with it you don't have to highlight it after the event and take the piss.

I was really pleased with the vibe on here yesterday.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

3 players starting today, Saints rejected bids for at some point during this window.

Who would that be? KwP, Bednarek and Mara?

edit - probably Smallbone and not bednarek

I think there'd have been interest in Bednarek as well, possibly AA and SA too.

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

3 players starting today, Saints rejected bids for at some point during this window.

Who would that be? KwP, Bednarek and Mara?

Was thinking the same myself. Definitely Mara I reckon, KWP never got reported but could’ve happened easily I suppose. Think Smallbone got offers from Stoke?

15 minutes ago, egg said:

Oh grow up SoG. There's a game on. We've had a cracking window. And yep, yesterday's thread was really good throughout. One noticeable part of it was your absence. In your own unique way though, up you pop, having a pop, and then later you'll be whining that people are mean to you. 

Firstly I was just having a laugh but feel free to take it your way. Secondly I wasn’t referring to the posts so much yesterday but earlier in the week/window when the “vibe” wasn’t so jolly. You can be as mean to me as you like egg. I wouldnt have it any other way 😘

13 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Bloody brilliant work from Saints and hands up I was wrong to think we would have a mass exodus. 

KWP 

Sulemana 

Alcaraz 

Downes 

THB 

Fair argument to make that those 5 are the best in their positions in the whole league. Incredible really that we've managed to keep so many. We have ridiculous strength and I'm very impressed. And just to annoy Farmer Saint, fantastic that we managed to keep Che to take some of the pressure off Stewart. Superb. 

Touché my fried, touché...

• Like 1

On 25/08/2023 at 10:24, trousers said:

My brother is an Everton fan. According to him he was poor when loaned to West Brom in the championship. Reckons League One is more his level... 

I'm going to have to pull my brother up on his assessment here... Holgate League One level...? Hmm, not sure about that... ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He played at RB for West Brom. I never supported him playing at CB. 

My brother was including his Championship/West Brom stint when highlighting how error prone he was (regardless of what position he played in), hence saying that league one was more his level (in his opinion)...

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Firstly I was just having a laugh but feel free to take it your way. Secondly I wasn’t referring to the posts so much yesterday but earlier in the week/window when the “vibe” wasn’t so jolly. You can be as mean to me as you like egg. I wouldnt have it any other way 😘

Not so jolly like your rants against the CoT, 4 of them I think it was screaming and crying about being denied information. FROM PEOPLE YOU CLAIM TO HAVE ON IGNORE 🤣🤣🤣🤣

egg is right, yesterdays thread was decent. The Croatia thread on the lounge has been good natured. The common denominator is your absence from them both. 

Always the victim, it’s never your fault. 

Edited by Turkish

6 hours ago, OldNick said:

Now the window has slammed shut I just have to thank the CoT for their hard work finding all those snippets to keep us informed. They deserve a decent rest, especially it must have been mad at HQ last night as they had told us about all the comings and goings there were going to be happening late on.

Must be exhausted, I know I was as I was trawling through all their clues to the many incomings and outgoings on the night.

I look forward to part 2 in January.

Seriously though, it has been fun playing their game and lightened up some dull days, thanks lads

Thanks for the appreciation Nick. On behalf of the CoT I thank you for your comments and it’s posters like you that keep us coming back. Roll on January with more clues, snippets, catchphrases and world class banter 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Could only bear to watch the first half. Three down and goodnight Maria. Playing out from the back is ok but you have to have get forward at some stage. Sideways passing doesn’t get you anywhere. Their left winger had the right idea. Direct running and get it to the front men saspo. Desperately need a new keeper.

5 hours ago, egg said:

I think there'd have been interest in Bednarek as well, possibly AA and SA too.

Didn’t Ipswich bid for AA? Also RM said earlier in the season we turned down bids for Bednarek. Other one must be Mara.

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Greenridge said:

Just listened to the Jason Wilcox interview. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gb997f

I assume it’s already been covered here. Sorry, only scrolled back a couple of pages. He says there could be 3 more outs to come (to leagues where the transfer window is still open?)

I would assume guys like Onuachu, Moussa and maybe there is still a slight chance Sulemana could be tempted by £$£ to another league.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I would assume guys like Onuachu, Moussa and maybe there is still a slight chance Sulemana could be tempted by £$£ to another league.

Unusual for a club receiving a loan player to then loan him on, but I wish Holgate all the best at his new club. 🙂

McCarthy, Djenepo, Bree, Ounachu and possibly Sulemana would seem to be the most likely, due to limited opportunities here. 

Others would start to impact our core squad more, just as we've made some replacements.

• Haha 2

On 02/09/2023 at 10:38, hypochondriac said:

Bloody brilliant work from Saints and hands up I was wrong to think we would have a mass exodus. 

KWP 

Sulemana 

Alcaraz 

Downes 

THB 

Fair argument to make that those 5 are the best in their positions in the whole league. Incredible really that we've managed to keep so many. We have ridiculous strength and I'm very impressed. And just to annoy Farmer Saint, fantastic that we managed to keep Che to take some of the pressure off Stewart. Superb. 

No shame in being wrong. A little bit of a shame in being so relentlessly negative. For your sake as much as anyone else's (though plenty of us found you annoying AF the past few weeks, so you'd be doing us a favour too) you'd do well to be a bit more positive about things. Especially hypothetical things. We'd probably all be better off if we spent less time worrying about negative hypotheticals and save that time and energy for worrying about/dealing with actual negative happenings.

• Like 4

Seems like we are still looking to shift a couple more players according to Wilcox (interview with Blackmore on BBC Sounds yesterday). Several 'markets' transfer windows are still open (doubt he means Saudi, guessing Turkey). Not sure who he has in mind, Onuachu and Djenepo perhaps, possibly Sulemana. Guessing we can't shift Holgate on.

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Assume we can still sell players we just can’t buy any? Isn’t there another loan window opening soon for clubs outside the premier league?

44 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Onuachu and Djenepo I see moving on now but that’ll probably be it.

Then that’s still a very strong squad to work with. If they could get a defensive brain cell at the back that would probably help. 😁

I think it very likely they'll go to the Belgium league before their window closes on the 6th. I wouldn't be surprised by Saudi money being dangled for Sully either. 

• Like 1

Just now, JRM said:

Thought he was going to be the next Mane after his goal at Sheffield United away , been a disappointment mainly since then , never looked like he was sure which end we were attacking 

Unfortunately all his attacking intentions were nullified by RH’s desire to play him at full back 

• Like 3

Incredible we're seemingly getting a fee for him. I thought he was destined to be one of those who are loaned out every season until their contract ends. 

Who on earth signed off a new deal for him in the first place? 

37 minutes ago, Dman said:

Incredible we're seemingly getting a fee for him. I thought he was destined to be one of those who are loaned out every season until their contract ends. 

Who on earth signed off a new deal for him in the first place? 

Joe Shields maybe? 
The amount of deals he’s been involved in in the last two years he must be taking a massive cut from all these dealings. 👀