Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

8 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Not sure of the standard, even I would look half decent playing against some of those guys, Just for context, am hitting 50 in three months!

On 05/09/2023 at 19:58, VectisSaint said:

How do you get an English passport? 

Not sure, I have a British passport .. that's if Scotland are still in the Union... and if N.I. are still outside of the EU?

I think he already has a British passport ?.   .maybe born in UK ? ...or, has a  British parent ? .. or maybe off the Black Market in passports ? ..who knows.

Although Saints have had a couple of small deals with the Saudi / Arab leagues ( Diallo and Lyanco)  

it's not surprising to see many other clubs unloading their "square pegs" to that market in order to reduce their salary bills..

I also see a lot of those ridiculous buys that some of top clubs made in the past now moving for tragically low fees. 

Spurs have sold off over 100 million pounds worth of players - for less than 30 million, in deals that Daniel Levy will regret 

forever and I don't see their 100 million from the Kane deal bringing them much joy in the future.  

Our investment in young talents may take a while to come to fruition, but in the long run I don't see us spending another 

100 million in any future window - until we get back up to the Prem. 

Onachu sees the club take a bath. So much wasted on him and Carrillo, for c15 appearances, 0 goals, one assist. To prop up the two worst managers in the club’s history who were finally dispatched within a month or so. Branfoot is now into the third worst ever - how much of a business disaster has the club been post-2017?

The USA lad reminds me of when Saints signed Kenwyne Jones from T&T - signed as an exceptional athlete who could be developed to play anywhere in the spine. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint

20 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

The USA lad reminds me of when Saints signed Kenwyne Jones from T&T - signed as an exceptional athlete who could be developed to play anywhere in the spine. 

I’d forgotten we signed him direct from T&T. He was a dick by going on strike to get his move away, but overall I still have fairly good memories of him in a Saints shirt. His leap was absolutely prodigious, I remember a goal he scored from a corner where he just leapt well above the keeper’s outstretched arms to nod it in. Tremendous athlete, not the best scoring record by any means but an absolute handful.

• Like 2

Good thing to get Onuachu moved on. He was just a poor fit once crazy Nate got the sack. That being said, I think he only made 4 starts and played a total of about 400 minutes under the two of the worst managers we've had and in arguably the worst team we've had. For that reason I cant really criticise him too much and we've certainly had worse players

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Good thing to get Onuachu moved on. He was just a poor fit once crazy Nate got the sack. That being said, I think he only made 4 starts and played a total of about 400 minutes under the two of the worst managers we've had and in arguably the worst team we've had. For that reason I cant really criticise him too much and we've certainly had worse players

No specific ones spring to mind. 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Delgado for £3.75m in 2001 would be about £25-30m in today’s money. Cant count him out.

I used to be quite friendly with the management at La Lupa in town when he was here. He was a regular there in those days. "supposedly" there wasn't much wrong with his knee, he just hated it here and never wanted to join. His agent told him he'd be set for life if he came here for a year. that was the plan but it never worked out like that. He used to sit in there late on a weekend and say to them he didnt know why he was in "this fucking place" 

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And the fact we had to pay his mate Chala as well ... ffs

It's nothing new that this club has spunked money on duff players. Must still be Eric Black's fault, even then. 

We have a long proud history of it. Selling promising young star Alan Shearer for British record fee and replacing him with semi retired Kerry Dixon , tragic really 

• Like 2