Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I think that's the key for me. I'm not basing the strength of the squad on how much it costs, or how much we spend out on wages etc - the strength surley has to be made up by the commitment of the players.

We're much better off for example with a committed THB than a quality, yet not committed, ABK.

Indeed. So much fresher and more interesting. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s game

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Based on?

The squad now you can get behind a hell of a lot more than you could three months ago.

Same goes for the management and coaching team.

Exactly. We might have had more talented individuals 2 months ago, but they were part of a squad with a losing mentality that had just been relegated. The squad most definitely wasn't greater than the sum of its parts at that point.

Early days still, but in terms of cohesion, motivation etc... I'm inclined to believe that the squad as a whole is probably stronger now than it was then.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

We're in the Championship now: we're going to have to work much harder to get away fans to come here. Perhaps we could also offer them a free glass of wine.

A decent Burgundy, I hope. 2016 (qv) is a very good vintage!

Anyway, as I said this morning when I baselined page 319, I wouldn't be able to stay. I've no idea what really happened in the intervening 42 pages so I'll check the OS in the morning. Night all..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

A decent Burgundy, I hope. 2016 (qv) is a very good vintage!

Anyway, as I said this morning when I baselined page 319, I wouldn't be able to stay. I've no idea what really happened in the intervening 42 pages so I'll check the OS in the morning. Night all..

Thanks for dropping by Sue! 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

We're in the Championship now: we're going to have to work much harder to get away fans to come here. Perhaps we could also offer them a free glass of wine.

Can it have an umbrella and one of those small plastic mermaids that sits on the side of the glass?

Edited by Master Bates
  • Like 1

We’re almost there and there’s been some pleasant surprises in terms of retention it seems (Che, KWP), but I can’t help but feel cautious until the window slams shut.

Ultimately it’s up to RM and his coaches to get the whole team gelled and firing on all cyclinders, however I’m feeling a little more positive than the start of the week when it looked like we’d be far worse off. We’ve got what appears to be on paper a very strong squad and the wantaways have mostly been shipped out. I just hope Che and Sully put aside their disappointment and knuckle down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

We’re almost there and there’s been some pleasant surprises in terms of retention it seems (Che, KWP), but I can’t help but feel cautious until the window slams shut.

Ultimately it’s up to RM and his coaches to get the whole team gelled and firing on all cyclinders, however I’m feeling a little more positive than the start of the week when it looked like we’d be far worse off. We’ve got what appears to be on paper a very strong squad and the wantaways have mostly been shipped out. I just hope Che and Sully put aside their disappointment and knuckle down.

I'm sure Che will, because he's a good lad with a great attitude. Not sure about Kamaldeen though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Adam Blackmore was speaking very highly of Che Adams this evening.

I think Kamaldeen Sulemana will knuckle down, it’s not like there’s anywhere majorly appealing he can go after tonight, I don’t think?

It is not like he has been oppressed. If he wants a big move needs to play well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Assuming no one else that matters departs, we have one hell of a squad for this division. Fucking huge strength in depth in all areas. 

Of course, massive pressure for promotion first go. But with a fair wind, have a massive chance of winning the league

Oh I don’t know…the last time in the lower echelons,league one and the Championship,we had probably one hell of a squad and resources then to, at our disposal. 
but Adkins buggered it up. 
only made runners up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

😁

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Oh I don’t know…the last time in the lower echelons,league one and the Championship,we had probably one hell of a squad and resources then to, at our disposal. 
but Adkins buggered it up. 
only made runners up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

😁

Are you the sort of bloke who tells a story and laughs at how funny you have been?

• Like 1