Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is the kind of shit that happens because the club prioritise making wanky introduction videos and interviews rather than just annoucing that he's been signed on a 3 year contract or whatever in a three line tweet.

Fuck sake cheer up big lad 😂😂

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

What is Che gets injured? Do you want to rely upon Mara who hasn't shown that he is able to do the job?

What happens if Che pushes for a move in January? Do we want to be scrambling around in the January market which has served us so well in the past (Carillo / Tall Paul)?

What happens if Che's form takes a dip? He hasn't been consistently clinical with us the whole time he has been here. He has started this season well but if it is true he really wanted to leave and was perhaps playing his socks off to get his move, he could go off the boil if he is still with us tomorrow.

Stewart is an absolute must signing in my opinion. Gives us another option and could end up being better than Che which will boost our chances of promotion this season.

With Ballard out on loan, having just Che, Tall Paul (unless he goes) and Mara as the main options upfront will not get us promoted unless Che is on fire the whole season. Fr me, Adams just isn't that main striker we can rely on. I'd rather see him played as one of the wide 3 upfront

Lebowski opinion.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is the kind of shit that happens because the club prioritise making wanky introduction videos and interviews rather than just annoucing that he's been signed on a 3 year contract or whatever in a three line tweet.

Wanky videos? I’m frothing at the gash to see what they’ve put on the envelope of this one.

6 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Has Wilcox given the finger to the football establishment and just fucked off down the pub? 

Sounds like he's come in done a bit of work on THB and Ross Stewart and thought screw this, it's Friday and I can't be doing with all this deadline day shite.

He is in the queue for Popworld

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

No buy option whatsoever. Fine by me this one.

Its a fucking pointless move in that case. He's easily a starting level CB for us and far too good for the champ. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

No buy option whatsoever. Fine by me this one.

allows him to get out of town, but doesn't stop him getting his move to Bayern or Dortmund down the line. 

I am guessing the loan fee would be closer to €3.5m than the €6.8m Sky Germany were suggesting was part of the Dortmund move.

Just now, Saint86 said:

Its a fucking pointless move in that case. He's easily a starting level CB for us and far too good for the champ. 

Exactly. He'll have wanted to stake a claim to get in the Germany WC squad and he's more likely to do that in the Champions League rather than the Championship. 

Hopefully has a good year and is able to slot back in to our PL team next season, or get that big move to Germany.

Just now, Saint86 said:

Yep, but it's pointless keeping someone who doesn't want to be here, and nobody will buy him with his injury issues. A loan somewhere where he'll play helps us sell him next year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

ABK going to the weakest league of his career so far. Bit of a weird one for him, but once we'd sorted his replacement he had to go

Guessing we wanted him out of the dressing room, and he wanted nothing to do with the Championship.

We really have cleared the decks this summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

he doesn't want to be here. We don't want him stinking out the place. that's the point. Easier to get a loan deal done. We can't sell if no one buys.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep, but it's pointless keeping someone who doesn't want to be here, and nobody will buy him with his injury issues. A loan somewhere where he'll play helps us sell him next year. 

It’s still annoying that players that signed contracts and got us relegated seem to sulk about the idea of helping us out of a league they put us in. Guess them going is probably good news, won’t have to watch them ever again 🤞

Edited by Baz Fl
Word change
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Guessing we wanted him out of the dressing room, and he wanted nothing to do with the Championship.

We really have cleared the decks this summer.

I don't think it's necessarily as dramatic as that. He said he wanted to leave so we worked on a sale and brought in his replacement. Then his move didn't work out so we told him he still had to leave as we'd have too many centre backs

Just now, Leighsterrr said:

Me too…but there’s still time…sadly…got everything crossed that’s he’s staying though 🤞🏻

I’m thinking that because the players we were linked with (Drameh and Johnson) aren’t coming to Saints that KWP must be staying?

• Like 2

Think we’re going down the route of a club captain (Stephens) supported by a leadership group of Bednarek, Walker-Peters, Downes and Adams this year. Opportunity for one or two others being involved but seems to be sensible instead of having a captain that needs to start week in week out.