Saints Kits Season 2024/25

Master Bates

10 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

My guess is that the homage to our 87-89 kit will be followed by a tribute to the 89-91 design. If not I could see something based on the Admiral 76-80 candy stripes.

if we don't have a 1994 kit remastered, it will be very disappointing

image.png.38644a61d571f294d72cf615951cf94b.png

2 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

My guess is that the homage to our 87-89 kit will be followed by a tribute to the 89-91 design. If not I could see something based on the Admiral 76-80 candy stripes.

Long overdue perhaps, but would Hummel want to repeat a kit designed by another manufacturer?

Aren’t Admiral still trading (though not in the football kit market)? In which case could the design be subject to any copyright? 

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Long overdue perhaps, but would Hummel want to repeat a kit designed by another manufacturer?

Aren’t Admiral still trading (though not in the football kit market)? In which case could the design be subject to any copyright? 

Repeating another manufacturer's design wasn't an issue in 2017-18 when Under Armour "updated" the Keegan era kit. I doubt that the basic shirt design can be subject to copyright. And Pony's blue and yellow striped away kit of 95-97 featured a candy striped look. Where copyright might be an issue would be in reusing the Pony kit of 93-95 since it is based around the company's tick logo, although Pony might not be bothered since they got out of football kit long ago. Maybe it could be redone with the Hummel chevron?

Whatever happens I really would not want Puma to make our kit. They have the worst designers in the business, as you can judge just by looking at the awful kits they produced for Newcastle. I would think that Macron might be a likely candidate.

• Like 1

From what I understand the Hummel contract has been terminated due to an earlier supply debacle and we are going with a different supplier. 

Edit: Just noticed an earlier post saying the same thing but mentioning Puma - not the name I heard.

Edited by Katalinic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

From what I understand the Hummel contract has been terminated due to an earlier supply debacle and we are going with a different supplier. 

Edit: Just noticed an earlier post saying the same thing but mentioning Puma - not the name I heard.

Pro-Star? 

26 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

So they're not making next seasons kits?

1 minute ago, Katalinic said:

That's what I was told, no idea if factually correct, from an ok-ish source with no reason to make it up.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all. Last year it was reported that Hummel’s UK distributor had gone into administration, and there were various instances of supply being affected since. I think there was a post on here of someone ordering a child’s kit at the start of December and being told it wouldn’t be available before Xmas, so those problems may still be ongoing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Katalinic said:

I too was told the Hummel contract looked likely was being terminated a year early. I was told that Puma were front runners but that was a little while ago (before Birmingham game) my source however did say it wasn't a done deal so things may have changed I haven't spoken to him since.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

They kit was Pony in more ways than one

Think that's a bit harsh, although maybe my view of it is enhanced by repeated viewing of MLT wearing it against Newcastle. Was it really that unpopular compared to, say, this season's style?

I reckon if Nike produced something similar today, people would be all over it.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said:

Don't we have a 5-year contract with Hummel, due to end in 2026?

There's possibly a 3 year break option. A lot of 5 year contracts in my industry (Software) have this as an option. 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Puma will be a disaster. Their designers are terrible

I remember their sub-brand. Kit@ from about 20 years ago. They were quite shite. Really not enthused by the prospect of Puma. 

18 minutes ago, trousers said:

There's possibly a 3 year break option. A lot of 5 year contracts in my industry (Software) have this as an option. 

Your company is generous! Mine (also software) would never allow a break clause ;) 

1 hour ago, 23rdSaint said:

Your company is generous! Mine (also software) would never allow a break clause ;) 

Same every order with us is non cancellable  

Edited by Turkish