Anthony Pulis

Thedelldays

As I said on another thread he is the direct replacement for Jermaine Wright, Paul Telfer and Rory Delap. We need a blame figure, since Jasmine left we have no-one to blame for our defeats, whether the blame is valid or not. Pulis will soon be the most talked about player on this board.

As I said on another thread he is the direct replacement for Jermaine Wright, Paul Telfer and Rory Delap. We need a blame figure, since Jasmine left we have no-one to blame for our defeats, whether the blame is valid or not. Pulis will soon be the most talked about player on this board.

I think you'll find that Lowe & Wilde took that position from Jasmine!

And as regards to a player, I'm sure Kelvin Davis would still be the fans favourite in this area!!

welcome to SFC (if you have arrived) I see fans have already decided he is crap....what wonderful supporters we have (who have a major habbit of being wrong by the way)..

SFC is great, isnt it?

I think you can almost see London from up there on your pedastal.

welcome to SFC (if you have arrived) I see fans have already decided he is crap....what wonderful supporters we have (who have a major habbit of being wrong by the way)..

SFC is great, isnt it?

I thought the Stoke fans were way ahead of us in appraising his footballing talents.

Do we know if he's actually signing? As far as I know, it was simply a fleeting mention he would sign on the "this is hampshire" web page. All reports since then on BBC and Sky Sports have made no mention of him.

His dad has said he's joining us.

I think you'll find that Lowe & Wilde took that position from Jasmine!

And as regards to a player, I'm sure Kelvin Davis would still be the fans favourite in this area!!

Yes some mongs have already managed to blame him for our defeats despite being one of our best players.

SFC is great, isnt it?

TBF most football fans judge players before they sign. For as long as I can remember most signings have been met by remarks like "we don`t want him - he`s crap" or " he`s class - a brilliant signing". More often than not the truth turns out to be very different in both examples!

TBF most football fans judge players before they sign. For as long as I can remember most signings have been met by remarks like "we don`t want him - he`s crap" or " he`s class - a brilliant signing". More often than not the truth turns out to be very different in both examples!

As an example you only have to look at all the hype Rudi Skacel got, at best played about three half decent games for us.

I do agree, it is a bit harsh to diss a player before he has signed but his record is quite appauling! Pulis has a playing career which to be frank is crap!

He has played for six clubs at an age of 24 (3 of which I think were managed by his dad)

2003-2004 Portsmouth 0 (0)

2004- Stoke City 2 (0)

2004-2005 Torquay United (loan) 3 (0)

2006 Plymouth Argyle (loan) 5 (0)

2006-2007 Grimsby Town (loan) 9 (0)

2008 Bristol Rovers (loan) 1 (0)

(from wiki and soccer base)

So a total of 20 appreances (13 as sub I believe)

The other issue here is why are we signing a midfielder when the money could be better spent on a defender?

But you never know he could blossom under JP, so we will see.

I do agree, it is a bit harsh to diss a player before he has signed but his record is quite appauling! Pulis has a playing career which to be frank is crap!

He has played for six clubs at an age of 24 (3 of which I think were managed by his dad)

2004- Stoke City 2 (0)

The other issue here is why are we signing a midfielder when the money could be better spent on a defender?

And so the Stoke fans who are dissing him have seen him twice

SFC is great, isnt it?

Sorry, I will not say another word about this signing as it is most unlike me

as you can tell re my comments about players in the past or present squad. Forgive me for my outburst and even though I have seen him play against Saints and several times in the west country I should keep my mouth shut and respect the person who made this decision. Once again sorry sIR.

Sorry, I will not say another word about this signing as it is most unlike me

as you can tell re my comments about players in the past or present squad. Forgive me for my outburst and even though I have seen him play against Saints and several times in the west country I should keep my mouth shut and respect the person who made this decision. Once again sorry sIR.

I havent seen him play. You have and so your point is valid, but I myself will not be critical of him until I have seen him playing in a Saints shirt.

I cannot see any reason why we would sign him, other than Jan saw him and liked his play.

Or Pulis asked us to take him and it was hidden in with the deal

I personally don't see why we would be spending 300k on a player who's not that young but only has a handful of career appearances, when we've currently got Wotton and Euell as backup.

But hey, what do I know.

Where did you get that £300,000 figure from? I hadn't seen it mentioned before.

I havent seen him play. You have and so your point is valid, but I myself will not be critical of him until I have seen him playing in a Saints shirt.

I cannot see any reason why we would sign him, other than Jan saw him and liked his play.

Or Pulis asked us to take him and it was hidden in with the deal

Sounds like not many people have seen him play, he's appeared in so few games and most of them as a sub. Don't like the sound of him at all - even his own Dad doesn't rate him.

That crossed my mind to. Might be like the Delgardo deal where we had to sign his cousin Kleber Chala as well?

But we're not signing anyone else so that we to have to take him.... they're taking Davies from us! I don't get it, and am hoping it may not happen anyway.

2004- Stoke City 2 (0)

That says enough.

Hmm, I might have imagined it. The number was in my head for some reason.

No, you're not imagining it, I read it somewhere too, but don't know where.....(and it was not on here)

:-)

OK, was just wondering as I'd not seen any mention of money before. So it remains to be seen (a) if we're really signing him; and (b) how much, if any, money is involved.

What larks!

As far as I can tell he hasn't even joined us (I am hesitating to write the next word .....)yet, and may not even do so.

Can anybody point me to creditable site that says he will be coming to SMS?

Surely if it were as part of the Davies deal he would be here already? Davies signed for them yesterday!

let hope he doesn't join us - the last thing we needed was another midfielder

I'd rather we got a right back or left back and let Lloyd James and Andrew Surman play in their proper positions - midfield

And at 24 (?) and still unproven it doesn't suggested he's any goog

plus he's Tony Pulis' son and a Skate to boot!

he will become the boo boy for all these reasons

From all I have read about him, he seems more like the replacement for Ali Dia........

2004- Stoke City 2 (0)

Only ever signed by his Dad - looks like Blair Sturrock Mk II and he follows Paul everywhere and isn't professional standard either.

Not exactly an inspiring signing, i'd rather sign a decent full back to allow Surman or James to move into midfield.

Exactly. Regardless of whether this story is true or not, that should be JP's number 1 and number 2 priorities - 2 season-long loan full-backs. If there is anything left for a striker, that's important too but not top priority.