Saints v Brum - Post Match Reaction

Baj

the lads must be ooozing with confidence by now...just turned over the league leaders 2-0 and pretty much dominated them

those lads of ours are the only ones to score against brum, stop brum from scoring and actually beat them...

oooo eeerr...

roll on sat..beat blackpool and fooks me, we would be on a little run..:smt048

It's a non-entity cup match against a team who blooded youngsters.

We haven't retained our place in the CCC and sure as heck ain't got promoted.

Either this is pure luck or pure inspiration that the kids seem to be ready willing and able, who cares, live the moment, it won't last

surely

By heck being a Saints fan has put a smile back on my face for the first time in about 4 years, fanbloodytastic

roll on sat..beat blackpool and fooks me, we would be on a little run..:smt048

This is the big test... Are we still the same team as in previous years, where we would beat the leaders and lose against somebody we really should beat?

Interesting times :)

YESSSSSSSSS

We deserved that. Totally deserved that. So satisfying. This young team is superb. We are going to stun so many poeple this year.

Be carefull what you say, your'll curse us ;) it will come back to haunt you

A clean sheet without Perry, Svensson or Davies. For me that's the most impressive part of the night, shows we're not all just fancy attacking, passing football. Glad to see Cork had a great game, didn't get to see much of him defensively at Derby but he did looked good on the ball.

Glad to see Lallana get another goal as well, we need to tie him down to a long contract.

We need to carry this form onto the Blackpool game, if we can get three points there and keep another clean sheet confidence sky high.

Sounded like a class act...and we only had 4 players in the squad tonight wearing 01-11 shirts!

Well done to the youngsters. Lallana should have been a regular last year - now he & McGoldrick have got a couple they're oozing confidence and we actually look capable of winning matches :)

Just hope (as mentioned above) this isn't a repeat of the oft told story where we raise our game to beat the best, then don't turn up against the "easy" team.

A clean sheet without Perry, Svensson or Davies. For me that's the most impressive part of the night, shows we're not all just fancy attacking, passing football. Glad to see Cork had a great game, didn't get to see much of him defensively at Derby but he did looked good on the ball.

Good point well made. Brum are the strongest attacking squad in the league. And they couldn't score. That is extremely gratifying.

Champagne Football from Saints according to Cope ... Case a bit more realistic in wondering if the kids will be able to keep this work rate and passing up over a long period.

Of course the bubble will burst but every win will spur these kids onto to better performances. My 2 games this season (Brum and Derby league matches) have left me feeling I'd got my monies worth of entertainment (and more at Derby), which was definitely not the case in the last few years.

Just look at the difference in performance by the kids with the encouragement of JP, and the disgusting way redkrap sent them like lambs to the slaughter to Mansfield to justify his not picking them for league games and then slagging them off even though they were following his game plan etc :smt013.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a decent Saints game on TV on Sat for a change (hope I'm not tempting fate ;)).

COYS ... you are making my beer taste so much better already :D

Fantastic result, well done lads. Particularly like the comment about 'the boys just grew up'... They know what happened last time vs Brum and stood up to them. We had to withhold some pressure and came through. A valuable win, even if they did rest some players... So did we!

Ok, when is the draw for the next round?

'morro night.

Nice work again boys, sounded like we managed to maintain our performance second half too, encouraging to hear.

As I said elsewhere, it's still early days as to whether JP and "total football" are going to work in the long run, but the short term signs are certainly looking positive - I'm certainly a lot more optimistic than I was when Pearson was booted and our Dutch duo were installed.

fantastic.

dont care about the brum tatter's excuses.

Saints played the way we want to play in every match and by doing so it limited brum's time on the ball and as such there oportunities.

not too fussed myself about the carling cup... well at least until the quater finals and onwards but as a way to keep the team playing the way we want and to give a few of the other players a route into the same system it is just what we need right now.

if the confidence of a clean sheet can keep going we may finish the league with a very strong defence and a bag full of goals from all over the park.

only worry for me is that the age range being so young we have to allow for some big shifts in form throughout the season. but for now im well chuffed.

Jan on the radio..

"big win for the lads"

"happy for Lallana, scored a lovely goal"

"not happy that we were not 2-0 at half time need to work on it"

"team never panic"

"again mentions that we need to take more of our chances"

"happy with thomas, cork and wotton"

"boys are desperate to play all the time and are declaring themselves fit before the doc says so..:D"

"peckhart, great finisher scored 19 goals in 20 games for spurs last year, will make the team stronger up front, we have to have competition for places and challenges the players to make themselves better"

I really like this bloke and very happy he is our manager...

:o