Mark Wotte will keep us up

Thedelldays

IMO

im off for a while and upon my return I predict we will STILL be a CCC and mark wotte will have done his bit (then maybe step down)

you heard it here first

charlton

Plymouth

Forest

will go down IMO

Wow, are you sure? And where are you going, have the men in the white coats come for you?

This isn't like you at all. I thinks we are through the looking glass.

IMO

im off for a while and upon my return I predict we will STILL be a CCC and mark wotte will have done his bit (then maybe step down)

you heard it here first

charlton

Plymouth

Forest

will go down IMO

Did your last tour leave you with air bubbles in the brain, or something ???

IMO

you heard it here first

charlton

Plymouth

Forest

will go down IMO

TDD...I admire your optimism...but I've just had a coffee and I still think we're doomed.

Once we can start winning games we'll be alright - but I think we'll be in League 1 by then.

IMO

you heard it here first

charlton

Plymouth

Forest

will go down IMO

TDD never wrong again.

Delldays despite the mocking comments from most I agree with your prediction bar Wotte leaving when we stay up.

The way some people are talking you would think we have no chance. Our position whilst not great is not Charlton ffs.

I think we'll beat charlton, results will go our way and there'll be a surge of staying up optimism. Then I think we'll lose or get 1 point maximum from Watford and Palace, results will go against, and we'll be doomed again.

So those home games against Palace and Burnley are huge. Palace are beatable. Burnley are decent but likely to be knackered after about 100 games this season. Draws won't be enough.

I dont think they'll be a surge of optimism like last season with Lowe/Wotte still in charge, more a sigh of relief. There will not be a pitch invasion celebration as we're away in Nottingham for the last game. But, then thats a shame, because the first of the Lowe Out protests will be denied an opportunity. I think that's more likely than a wave of optimism.

Doing the BBC predictor thing surprised me. I didn't suggest we'd win them all by any means. 2 wins, 3 draws and a loss. I didn't do the final day. So that's 9 points before then.

But Barnsley, Norwich and Plymouth are below us. Forest are well safe by the last day. A draw would keep us up. A loss could still keep us up.

The main thing is Barnsley's fixtures. They have a very tough job on, as do Norwich.

Barnsley may be worth watching you're right there. Norwich will be OK IMHO. I think TDDs is right - Plymouth may relegate. My prediction is:

Plymouth

SAINTS

Charlton

I couldnt resist. I had to do the predictor and I think I've been fair enough with my predictions;

Saints 2 - 0 Charlton

Watford 2 - 1 Saints

Wolves 2 - 0 Saints

Saints 1 - 1 Crystal Palace

Sheff Wed 1 - 0 Saints

Saints 1 - 1 Burnley

Notts Forest 1 - 1 Saints

P7 W1 D2 L3 F6 A8 P6

According to my predictions we survive by a point. I think I've been overly harsh on my predictions too, as I think we have a good chance of beating Palace and Burnley at home and I think we could win at Forest as well, given the amazing support we will no doubt take there.

I couldnt resist. I had to do the predictor and I think I've been fair enough with my predictions;

Saints 2 - 0 Charlton

Watford 2 - 1 Saints

Wolves 2 - 0 Saints

Sheff Wed 1 - 0 Saints

Saints 1 - 1 Burnley

P7 W1D3 L3 F6 A8 P6

According to my predictions we survive by a point. I think I've been overly harsh on my predictions too, as I think we have a good chance of beating Palace and Burnley at home and I think we could win at Forest as well, given the amazing support we will no doubt take there.

One thing is guaranteed,we won't stay up on 46 points. Do your predictor again and put in some realistic data this time.:smt017:smt017:smt017

I think we will do it and i agree with TDD with his predictions.

It all begins against charlton however, i do believe a bad result will leave us doomed. Not that i think that will happen but as a saints fan i have seen it all too often.

Come on guys....just please get out of this mess

I really hope you are right TDD.

I have never thought we would be relegated before, even when in the prem in a far worse position than we find ourselves today. However, I have tried to mentaly prepare myself for it this year. I do think we have a chance of staying of up, but I don't even want to start thinking that we will until we are at least 4 points above the relegation places.

Oh, and fair winds and calm seas to you...... not that it will matter at all where you will be!!

Saints 2 - 0 Charlton

Watford 2 - 1 Saints

Wolves 2 - 0 Saints

Sheff Wed 1 - 0 Saints

Saints 1 - 1 Burnley

P7 W1 D2 L3 F6 A8 P6

Really!! By getting 6 points from 7 games?!

You did remember to give the other teams some points too, eh? ;)

I dont think they'll be a surge of optimism like last season with Lowe/Wotte still in charge, more a sigh of relief. There will not be a pitch invasion celebration as we're away in Nottingham for the last game. But, then thats a shame, because the first of the Lowe Out protests will be denied an opportunity. I think that's more likely than a wave of optimism.

if we get relegated there will be lowe out protests - if we stay up there won't be any

Goal difference is usually an extremely reliable predictor at the end of the season.

Ours which was dreadful is steadily improving while Plymouth's is steadily worsening.

Ours is better than Forest.

On this basis TDDs prediction may well be correct.

I certainly hope so.

However the issue could be easily decided by injuries or suspensions to key players.

It's squeaky bum time for sure.

Cambsaint

I hope we don't get sent down by Duh duh duh duh duh Dexter....

From BBC gossip column:

Nottingham Forest are trying to sign striker Dexter Blackstock, 22, from QPR after missing out on Marlon Harewood, who has joined Wolves on loan from Aston Villa. (Daily Mirror)

There has to be. If we keep Lowe we deserve everything that comes to us. How many failures can we take before we finally realise he's a loser?

the protests stopped after a home win, certainly can't see there being any after a "great escape". Which backs up some of Wotte's comments.

the protests stopped after a home win, certainly can't see there being any after a "great escape". Which backs up some of Wotte's comments.

They didn't just stop because of a home win. I'm sure many shared my sentiments that we had made our point, had also probably aided change with our reactions at the Doncaster game, and as Crouch himself mentioned publicly, we were now willing to give our support to the manager and team in the run in.

I pray daily that we will stay up, but a "great escape" will not wipe away the fact that the decision making and leadership at the Club this season has been found badly wanting.

Obviously logisitcs will play a part as we will be away on the last game of the season, but I think there will still be sort of a protest against the current incumbents once the season has ended. Given that there will be no games to focus people, then I think the most obvious form will be the non renewal of season tickets mentioned on here before.

They didn't just stop because of a home win. I'm sure many shared my sentiments that we had made our point, had also probably aided change with our reactions at the Doncaster game, and as Crouch himself mentioned publicly, we were now willing to give our support to the manager and team in the run in.

I pray daily that we will stay up, but a "great escape" will not wipe away the fact that the decision making and leadership at the Club this season has been found badly wanting.

Obviously logisitcs will play a part as we will be away on the last game of the season, but I think there will still be sort of a protest against the current incumbents once the season has ended. Given that there will be no games to focus people, then I think the most obvious form will be the non renewal of season tickets mentioned on here before.

agreed the non renewal of season tickets will be the silent majority protest , imo a few thousand of us marching and demonstrating and being ridicluled by the Luvvies was better for the club than me not renewing my 3 season tickets.

I am sure they didn't stop due to a win - but you have got to see, when rl makes his comments about people not understanding and only moaning after defeat that this gives fuel to the arguement.

I am sure they didn't stop due to a win - but you have got to see, when rl makes his comments about people not understanding and only moaning after defeat that this gives fuel to the arguement.

Two points.

Firstly, people will of course moan after a loss and they will obviously moan even more, and probably protest, after a series of them. That's obvious and if things were going swimmingly, then we would not want, nor need a change. But things weren't going swimmingly and we were in need of a change. Just as people deserve and receive the plaudits (and money) when things go well, then you should expect some stick and maybe a sacking/change when they're not.

Secondly, if you concede that they didn't stop just because of a win, then you must also concede that it is illogical to suggest it give fuel to the line of argument you sugest.

Two points.

Firstly, people will of course moan after a loss and they will obviously moan even more, and probably protest, after a series of them. That's obvious and if things were going swimmingly, then we would not want, nor need a change. But things weren't going swimmingly and we were in need of a change. Just as people deserve and receive the plaudits (and money) when things go well, then you should expect some stick and maybe a sacking/change when they're not.

Secondly, if you concede that they didn't stop just because of a win, then you must also concede that it is illogical to suggest it give fuel to the line of argument you sugest.

its not illogical at all,

I don't think they were just about results BUT if someone -RL thinks they were then he can easily say -series of bad results -protests, two home wins -no protests -fans are fickle etc.

Reason it is logical is that I am talking about both my thoughts, and pointing out what fits in with his argument

its not illogical at all,

I don't think they were just about results BUT if someone -RL thinks they were then he can easily say -series of bad results -protests, two home wins -no protests -fans are fickle etc.

Reason it is logical is that I am talking about both my thoughts, and pointing out what fits in with his argument

But it is illogical to say it gives fuel to his argument when that is clearly not the case as you yourself have pointed out (and you're from a more pro Lowe perspective than many).

why dissect it and be so argumentative??

ok, how it about it shouldn't logically fuel his argument but that wouldn't stop him saying it?

Its simple. Lowe will say the protesters said they would protest, this was after poor run, they said they were protesting about silly decisions like the appointment of Wotte. He will say after 3 wins they realised they were wrong and went quiet.

Best bet, bizarrely would be a protest if we won -to show fans are still not happy with the set-up, but if we win everyone forgets and goes home happy.

why dissect it and be so argumentative??

ok, how it about it shouldn't logically fuel his argument but that wouldn't stop him saying it?

Well, it's quite simple. Don't come out with such ballox and it won't challenged.

Of course it wouldn't stop him saying it, but it wouldn't make it right, nor would it provide more fuel to his argument or make it more "correct".

At least you've changed your tune now.