Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I believe some of those plucky heroes are on the payroll until 2016.

We might reach that dangerous area pretty soon where that small fraction of the historical debt still needs servicing, but the all-encompassing parachute payments have finished and have already been spent on shiny tat and prostitutes. :scared:

I expect they knew the increased PPs were coming, so were already factored into the budgets. However the loss will be nearer to half a million once they realise there are 12 whole months in every year, and would have been around a million without the increased equity.

But don't forget that by the magic of Pompey maffs, that 11 month period will actually cover TWO seasons worth of [season] ticket sales! They didn't sell any last season until they 'owned' the club which is when they started their books and will definitely include the early bird season ticket sales for this season!

Help fund the greatest, bestest and only ever virtual community penalty spot on the surface of the moon. We realize you may not have any money, but don't despair, this doesn't stop you giving us your possessions! Who knows, that stuff in the loft you nicked from a skip might actually turn out to be a priceless relic of the great Pompey Victory board room. We still haven't recovered the box that held the dusters - it's got to be out there somewhere.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/donate-items-to-help-pompey-academy-1777539.aspx

I still think it's a little tasteless that they cosy up to genuine charities and split a donation with them.

Do other football clubs beg for themselves using another cause as a selling point?

It follows on from the charity bike ride.

But in the wake of failing to pack-the-park and the gobbing at the board, Mr Hall's repeated claim about having the best fans in the world is now just plain embarrassing! #puddingbasinhaircut #deluded

Regardless, Catlin insists presidents have a wide range of benefits for their investment, while those investing £100,000 or more are entitled to sit on an advisory board which meets quarterly.

Would love to know what this would be, a virtual seat in the directors box perhaps? a virtual bottle of champers?

A couple of observations.

Right now they have 12 "Presidents". This £50k offer to add to their ranks has been open since before April and, as far as I can tell, the number has stayed at 12 the entire time. They havn't sold a single "Presidents" package. I doubt that will change in the next 7 days.

Also, I love their liberal attitude towards deadlines:

Yet that is now drawing to a close in its existing form, as July 31 approaches.

That can be re-opened, however, although it may be in an altered form.

So the deadline isn't actually a deadline at all?

This on top of announcing "better than expected revenues" for the 11 months they were generating income, not including the quietest month of the year for a football club (June) of course, that included 2x season ticket sales and extra parachute payments.

This shambles of a fan ownership is going to end in tears. God help 'em if they don't get promotion this season!

But don't forget that by the magic of Pompey maffs, that 11 month period will actually cover TWO seasons worth of [season] ticket sales! They didn't sell any last season until they 'owned' the club which is when they started their books and will definitely include the early bird season ticket sales for this season!

If they are doing their accounting properly ( :lol: ), the season ticket money for the forthcoming season won't have been included in the profit/loss calculations for last season, regardless of when the money was received. Or at least that's what my Accounting A-Level told me 14 years ago.

.... those investing £100,000 or more are entitled to sit on an advisory board which meets quarterly.

So you'd hand over one hundred thousand pounds and in return you'd get tea and biscuits with anyone else as stupid as you 4 times a year.

My word....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-squad-to-invest-in-trust-1-6199779

So the squad have clubbed together to buy A share. Not one each, A share.

'Also contributing are all registered Academy players, along with backroom staff at both first-team and youth levels.'

Wasn't there 27 at the last count? Add in the academy and backroom staff and it must anount to about twenty quid each. Just revel in that.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-squad-to-invest-in-trust-1-6199779

'Also contributing are all registered Academy players, along with backroom staff at both first-team and youth levels.'

Wasn't there 27 at the last count? Add in the academy and backroom staff and it must anount to about twenty quid each. Just revel in that.

And not one of them with enough backbone to tell them to stick it

an easy way to get freedom of the city. A player that cares lol. I assume they took the idea from the News staff who also sometime ago threw their loose change in and bought one share

Huh. That could end up being interesting.

Can the owner of a club play for a different club, in the unlikely event that one of their players should want to ply their trade elsewhere?

Would be interesting, if buying a "share" resulted in anything even remotely resembling ownership.

I'm going to write to Crisis and demand that I have a seat on their board following my share purchase last Christmas. At the same time I might ask why they called the share purchase a "donation". I didn't really understand at the time, and even now I guess it must be some jargon within the charitable sector.

Huh. That could end up being interesting.

Can the owner of a club play for a different club, in the unlikely event that one of their players should want to ply their trade elsewhere?

is this a first?

I can't remember, have any of their previous players purchased 'shares/donations'

I'm sure they would have shouted this from the roof tops.

Wow.

I would understand if it was just the 'academy' and coahes, as they wont earn much, but for the first team to offer such a small contribution, whilst the club bully and harrass normal people to hand over a grand, well thats extremely poor form.

:mcinnes:

That said, they're always good for a LOL. Connelly probably made more cash out of the skates taking a dump in the/his medical room, than he has invested in the presidents property venture.

It’s a timely gesture, with the share issue scheduled to end on Thursday, July 31.

No, it's a timely press release that attempts to drag the last dirty quid out of a Portsea resident who can't grasp the differences between charity, shareholding or begging.

Heh, good question Jimmy. It also leads to asking what happens to the money raised if it is handed over but is nowhere near enough to build the extra academy pitches? Will it simply be used to plug another hole in their ongoing finance woe? To keep them ticking over for another week or two?

I think I need an historical update here based on the Guardian article that Tesco are pulling investment plans for larger stores such as that proposed alongside Fratton Park.

* Who owns the car park if Robinson defaults?

* What financial machinations were agreed between Pompey, Robinson and the Council?

I'm sure there is more to consider.

Robinson owns the land. He bought it from the Administrator (Miland Developments or whatever it was called).

The land is currently not zoned for retail, and has development controls under the local plan (not, as far as we know, restrictive covenants which would be in the Deeds and a bit more cumbersome to remove). Best guess is that PCC "agreed" to relax it's controls relating to sporting use and permit retail as long as PFC don't object. PFC agreed not to object in exchange for a backhander.

All purely academic if Tesco don't want to build a store there. Then it just reverts back to a light industrial brownfield wasteland invaded by hooligans on a regular basis, and with "difficult" planning restrictions.

My guess is, if Tesco pull out and no other store is interested to step in, that Robinson's next best option is not to have a "football arena" as a neighbour. I wonder if they still owe him money, and what would happen if they default on their payments?

it's funny how football's pressures change as you go through the leagues.

Barcelona's only acceptable season is to win EVERYTHING.

Liverpool have to win the Premier League.

Spurs MUST finish in the top four.

We are worried because we have taken about £100M in transfer fees and have yet to re-invest.

Brighton are desperate to finance a promotion challenge.

Bournemouth are gathering a squad to try and stay in the Championship.

And pompey have to decide whether they should get someone to run an iron over their press conference tablecloth, or spend the money on begging buckets.

it's funny how football's pressures change as you go through the leagues.

Barcelona's only acceptable season is to win EVERYTHING.

Liverpool have to win the Premier League.

Spurs MUST finish in the top four.

We are worried because we have taken about £100M in transfer fees and have yet to re-invest.

Brighton are desperate to finance a promotion challenge.

Bournemouth are gathering a squad to try and stay in the Championship.

And pompey have to decide whether they should get someone to run an iron over their press conference tablecloth, or spend the money on begging buckets.

Or buy some virtual paint in order to paint some more virtual penalty spots - that stuff ain't cheap you know!!

Begging buckets. It's obvious. Clearly you never studied at the LSE.

Just like we're investing in the future with state of the art training facilities for use by our exceptional academy, they should be investing in state of the art buckets for their exceptional beggars.

"What are the scores, George Dawes...?"

shootingStars_1378411c.jpg

"Ebsfleet have 3 goals, Portsmouth have 0 goals"

Badum tish(fish)!

George-Dawes-baby-romper-suit-onesie.jpg

lol,I look forward to the. News putting the positive slant on that result. It will be about the brave players who gave blood on the battlefield of Ebbsfleet, The drums and bells were ringing out well into the night as the bestest fans cheered their players who gave everything off the pitch. The fans packed into the Victory lounge where the game was beamed back live sang sea shanties in honour of the narrow defeat. There are positives to be taken said Awford after the game it should have been 4or5 nil

Ah, that's better. Haven't been browsing this thread for ages but after the past few months on the main board I need something to brighten my day. Amazing how quickly it happened, just reading a couple of posts here and I'm back to normal :)

Good on the main board at the mo, INNIT!!!!:lol:
have you lot got a forum? i thought POL had been taken down, last i heard it was because it was so lacking in members and activity that Google thought it was a dormant site.

have you lot got a forum? i thought POL had been taken down, last i heard it was because it was so lacking in members and activity that Google thought it was a dormant site.

How the f**k do i know was banned years a go for not toeing the party line, (got board posting to myself)

Still some good news i see you have a friendly against Blackpool on satdee,,,,,,,,,,looks like being a 5 a side match!:lol:

How the f**k do i know was banned years a go for not toeing the party line, (got board posting to myself)

Still some good news i see you have a friendly against Blackpool on satdee,,,,,,,,,,looks like being a 5 a side match!:lol:

I suppose having 6 toes you had a lot of chances to toe the line.

I notice that joke is on the main board

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})