Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

15/2 joint favs with Luton for the L2 title this season. Well the bookies must know something that we don't, unless Mack's put his life savings on them!

lol f**kin behave your self Gorgie, i might be a skate, but i'm only adopted,(not born hear no webbing):smug:

1970 was a very fine year indeed, although I've just realised the deed was done in 1969 (meal for two)

So as a regular contributor to this thread, I am unsure how to serve the page number with respect it deserves, so will resort to an old favourite.

Mr Storrie, how do you come to that asset valuation?

Through my 25 years footballing experience

From his 55 million valuation after player sales - He was only 39 million out :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe he was predicting our recent sales. Still about £39 million out, but in the other direction. :o

Whether they hit the target or not I'm sure it will be yet another resounding success, blazing a trail for lesser clubs to follow.

Of course it will be. Just a little gaffer tape here, some lipstick there. It'll look the picture of a resounding success!

I see they're still more than £50k short in their crowd-begging fund for the academy. I know that on sites like Kickstarter, you don't get the cash unless you raise the full amount, does this one work in the same way?

As with all things financially related and that club. 'It's unclear'. My guess would be they'll take whatever is raised.

Just to note that Newport County's kit is 1) cheaper and 2) better quality than the Skates' for the second year running. And that Newport also have a vote on their programme cover (from 4 designs), so it's a notable lower league fan-engagement thing in L2.

Also, that the shirt thing is a very good way of trying to make sure that they don't end up with thousands of unsold shirts at Sportsdirect.com for £9.59 like this season.

But then surely they'll have had the sense not to have ordered as many this year, won't they?

Good to see the deluded few piling on for promotion again, it's no coincidence in a small betting market that the two best-supported clubs are the shortest odds... wonder if they'll lose 4-1 first match again this season?

Edited by The9

So true. I know a few skates and during their PL years and our L1 days, I'd have them all over my Facebook and twitter as well as texts and voicemails when they'd been drinking. Yet, as soon as they begin to lose they bugger off and pretend it's not happening.

One of them in particular was a "huge fan" home and away, cup final and even went away to a European game. Since PL relegation he's only been to one game. When they played us at Fratton. Asked him about it and his genuine reply was "nah, it's **** now. I'll wait until we're good again before I get another season ticket"

I've got one at work - bigged up the loyal fan bit, supported them through thick and thin, lifelong season ticket holder, blaah blaah blaah. Always keen to talk football, always a few little digs and I'd be the bigger man, not rise to it or punch him. As soon as they were relegated he gave up his season-ticket, said 'all modern football is crap' and has never talked football since. It's odd - I've never known even a 'plastic' go from obsessive to nothing so quick.

Once a c*** always a.....

I see they're still more than £50k short in their crowd-begging fund for the academy. I know that on sites like Kickstarter, you don't get the cash unless you raise the full amount, does this one work in the same way?

From their Tifosy site -

What if the campaign target is not reached?

We will use this money to start installing the first youth academy pitch, and doing preparatory work for the remainder of the project.

What if the campaign exceeds its target?

We will inform you of the amazing achievement when it happens. We also need to install some additional training facilities for the academy at Roko. We will send you an update once we reach that stage.

https://www.tifosy.com/campaigns/pompey-academy

From their Tifosy site -

We will use this money to start installing the first youth academy pitch, and doing preparatory work for the remainder of the project.

We will inform you of the amazing achievement when it happens. We also need to install some additional training facilities for the academy at Roko. We will send you an update once we reach that stage.

Cheers for reinforcing my laziness :lol: :toppa:

From their Tifosy site -

so there is no 'real' target on no 'real' cut off date.

It's just continue to ask for money until the children of Portsmouth are homeless and destitute

Portsmouth FC has never owned its own training ground inside Portsmouth city, and now we have a chance to build a permanent home for the club's first team and the academy.

Did I miss something?

As far as I'm aware they still don't own their own training ground - in or outside of Portsmouth City!

All they've managed to do is secure a long term rental agreement with Roko haven't they? Or do they think that if they call it 'theirs' enough times the owners of Roko will rollover and agree to let them have it?

Indeed he is a villain, a greedy mercenary, one of the blokes who demanded to be paid his wages - most of which he is still waiting for each month.

And here he is now, bold as brass, strutting about like Mr Superstar, helping their fundraising efforts.

What a ****.

Indeed he is a villain, a greedy mercenary, one of the blokes who demanded to be paid his wages - most of which he is still waiting for each month.

And here he is now, bold as brass, strutting about like Mr Superstar, helping their fundraising efforts.

What a ****.

didn't realise #Hero# was censored

What a ****.

The c.n.u.t. expecting to be paid what's due to him. Does he not realise that the bestest club in the world need his money more than him, don't worry about going bankrupt, you will be safe in the knowledge that you money is being wasted on players the Skates can't afford.

Perhaps if he raises enough they may pay him.

Portsmouth Planning Committee vote tomorrow on Tesco plan . details in the Agenda Reports Pack at http://democracy.portsmouth.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=2529 as item no 6. Basically being waved through by the planning officer subject to some road infrastructure upgrades to be financed by developer so no pressure on committee to refuse it despite quite a number of objections.

What is amusing is that the proposal received a massive 33 letters of support from the public. This type of thing is clearly beyond the wit of virtually all of the skate support.

Whether Tesco will push ahead with construction in its current financial position is another matter entirely.

Edited by TopGun

The c.n.u.t. expecting to be paid what's due to him. Does he not realise that the bestest club in the world need his money more than him, don't worry about going bankrupt, you will be safe in the knowledge that you money is being wasted on players the Skates can't afford.

Perhaps if he raises enough they may pay him.

here we go again. Proof required we cannot afford them or your statement is based on feck all.

here we go again. Proof required we cannot afford them or your statement is based on feck all.

Did you miss your last three administrations?

Pretty sure hero Kanu was mentioned in at least two of those when he had the amount of wages he was owed reduced on both occasions! If that's not 'proof' then I'm not sure what you will accept as 'proof'?

I could afford to pay staff early if I spent all month rattling collection buckets under the nose of every passerby to pay for every other running cost.

Did you miss your last three administrations?

Pretty sure hero Kanu was mentioned in at least two of those when he had the amount of wages he was owed reduced on both occasions! If that's not 'proof' then I'm not sure what you will accept as 'proof'?

I am not talking about the last shambles WSS. When the financials are produced we will see what they look like, whilst you lot are convinced for some reason we are going to blag all the financies again I am confident we have people at the helm that are not criminals as per the last 3-4 owners and we will do things properly. Remember a loss was always predicted in the 1st year anyway regardless in the business case and I am sure half of you thought we would be in admin again by now, the same half no doubt saying when start doing badly in league 2 attendences will drop. I think we still averaged 15k and we have sold what 11k in ST's this year even though we were crap. Again half of you said we wouldn't make 10k and would be lucky to get 8k second season

Oh and someone mentioned the training ground, I do not care at the moment that we do not own it and it is a lease at least we will have some half decent ( for a league 2 club ) training facilities for the players

Mero is right about attendances holding up, they've got the pricing right for an injection of capital in the summer, but I think the unusual release of figures for just 11 months trading raised a few eyebrows and hinted that perhaps the 12th month don't look too pretty.

After pompey outbid better financed clubs last season and continues to beg, we are not convinced that the leopard has changed it's spots.

The constant spin about how fantastic the failure to hit the training ground target is, just reinforces the feeling that the easily-led are once again being led.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-28663899

More than 4,000 people have said they are against the plans, which also include a petrol station.

The club said 90% of people supported the store and proposed improvements to the ground.

36,000 in favour then by my reckoning. They'll never build it big enough!

edit: Shyte maths ;-(

Edited by Hatch

The club said 90% of people supported the store and proposed improvements to the ground.

Certainly no figures in the planning application that back that statement up!

er what the club ment was, robbo is the 90% of people surpporting the store as its the last chance to make a fast buck on the fratton goods site,:rolleyes: the c**t

So it's 17.45 and the planning committee was due to meet at 14.00.

A planned 24-hour Tesco superstore at Fratton Park has been given the green light.

Despite objections about increased traffic, pollution and the impact on other businesses in the area, the development was approved at a Portsmouth City Council planning committee meeting today.

Planning committee member Councillor Hugh Mason said: ‘I don’t think any of us feel wholly comfortable with this but I think we recognise that it needs to go forward.

Portsmouth Football Club director Ashley Brown said he was ‘very pleased’ with the decision, which paves the way for a future redevelopment of the Pompey’s football stadium.

He said: ‘From a Portsmouth Football Club perspective we’re very pleased.

‘We’re currently boxed in at Fratton Park, and this will give us the ability to expand in the future.’

The application was approved on the proviso that the city’s planning development officer retain an ability to amend conditions ‘where necessary’ in the future.

But Alex Bentley, who has a tailor shop on nearby Albert Road, said the development would mean devastation for independent traders.

The superstore will create 300 jobs and could be open as soon as next year.

The council’s recommendation will now go before The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Eric Pickles, for final approval.

My bold.. FFS.

‘We’re currently boxed in at Fratton Park, and this will give us the ability to expand in the future.’ If I missed this before I apologise, but how does building a bloody great big shop immediately behind the Fratton End make them less boxed in?

‘We’re currently boxed in at Fratton Park, and this will give us the ability to expand in the future.’ If I missed this before I apologise, but how does building a bloody great big shop immediately behind the Fratton End make them less boxed in?

Spot on. They have an extra small strip of land that they had use of before but didn't own that will be handed over if Pickles approves it and if Tesco decide they want to proceed.

Because there will be a shiny new bit of tarmac laid which will allow a couple of ambulances and a burger van to park up between the football arena and the fish counter. It's all about perspective really.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})