Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I noticed in todays "Times" whilst looking at the minor government ministerial jobs, post reshuffle, that Matthew Hancock has been appointed Minister for Portsmouth!!! - I'm baffled. Anyone else notice this? I was actually trying to see which minor post Penny Mordaunt had been appointed to.

Minister for Pork Pies, I do believe.

Some of them are even awaiting the delivery of their digital certificate, yes that's right, digital certificate! confirming that they have 'sponsored' a square metre of the academy training pitch - for clarity, they won't own the square metre, but will of course own the digital certificate!

Can Pompey afford to send email?

The gullible skates would be fobbed off with some crap from Factless, in association with the illustrious "Engagement Manager" if he's still alive.

That's a point, what's happened to him?

He's re-branded himself as Commercial and marketing manager

I see there is a Fans Forum on the 4th August... always good for a chuckle!

He's re-branded himself as Commercial and marketing manager

I see there is a Fans Forum on the 4th August... always good for a chuckle!

[/b][/b]

I would have thought he wouldn't have time for that as surely he would be drawing up reports or a book about any misdemeanours going on

good point, the lone freedom fighter's plucky trailblazing investigations and attempts to expose financial irregularities came to an abrupt halt when the PDT took control.

Perhaps we stopped posting details on here thus denying him access to exclusives?

Did they ever get enough in the buckets to pay his legal bill?

That's a point, what's happened to him?

Commercial and marketing manager Micah Hall said: “As a lifelong fan, it’s something I’d love to have myself.

He has realised that the complete over use of the word 'engagement' actually makes real professionals wretch. The job title of a bullsh*tter and a tool!

At least the new title his mates have given him is a little more upfront and honest, lets face it, it was never about being cuddly and fuzzy, it was all about cold hard cash being transferred from the fans bank accounts/giros straight to Champagne Iains private bar.

Happy fifth anniversary nutjobs, I wonder where the skates will be in five years time and under what guise/legal entity. I still have every faith that Moneyfields is a possibility.

And for what its worth, you dirty skate bastards. This is how you do charity:

[video=youtube;-aFs4UqjfJ8]

That's simply not true!

Many of them are now the proud owners of virtual penalty spots which are fully funded.

Some of them are even awaiting the delivery of their digital certificate, yes that's right, digital certificate! confirming that they have 'sponsored' a square metre of the academy training pitch - for clarity, they won't own the square metre, but will of course own the digital certificate!

If someone decided to fork out to empty Sportsdirect of their remaining 2013/14 Skate shirt stock, they'd probably be contributing more to the club than any of the "voluntary contributors" did last summer (there are a LOT of remaining shirts), and at least they'd have a tangible product for it.

I don't want to give them any ideas, but coming soon to skatesfc.co.uk:

"We have hidden a quantity of last season's shirts all over Hampshire - tweet a picture of yourself with one and we'll enter you into a draw where 1 person will win a new shirt".

The site then tweets endless pictures of the inside of SportsDirects as clues to where to find the "hidden" shirts, at £9.59 each, and after a few weeks insists the tweets also include proof of purchase, which has been hidden in the T&Cs all along. They sell last year's kit to idiots at £9.59 a pop (or put the price back up), and having forgotten to do the prize draw for the winner, then scam the rest of them £40 for the 2014/15 version - which if they're lucky, they can buy right alongside their "potentially competition winning" purchase in the store.

Obviously they'll also try and make out they've hidden one in the wall at Staplewood and under the pitch at St Mary's, but that won't end well.

Edited by The9

Tifosy have done a great job in keeping on pushing it and the deal we have got with them is absolutely fantastic – all the money effectively goes straight into the Academy and they are not getting anything out of it.

Well at least that part is true.

1966 was a good year.

Just saying.

Yes indeed. And so was 2009. Happy birthyears. :)

mkYzYxbaFY0iZPGLCi0LsOw.jpg

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=554968

Think you may all find a few nuggets of amusement from this thread that is also being discussed on BHA's North Stand Chat

Apart from 'gilles', the rest of the posts look like they could be written by undercover nutjobs to me. ChrisBurnsBelowSeaLevelHeader is clearly a nutjob, but I'm suspicious of them all...

Tesco dramatically scaling back new store openings. Instead looking at building houses on land previously earmarked for stores. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10976120/Tesco-to-build-4000-homes-instead-of-supermarkets.html

Wonder if this effects the Spurs supporting property developer and the money Pompey are banking on for a superstore on Fratton?

Only if they were smart enough to have a clause entitling them to a percentage of uplift in value (overage).

So no............................. :D

How would you get an overage clause into the deeds of a property you have never owned. Can I get one on my next door neighbour's house? ;)

No, this was a bribe to withhold any objection to the "change of use" for development of the adjoining land. My guess is it would be explicitly linked to retail. If that application doesn't proceed, they will be back to square 1.

according to Radio Solent the Trust is determined to break even at the end of their first year's accounts.

Sounds like the property developers might be chucking in another £90K to achieve that.

And to claim more control.

The "obligatory" year-of-birth post from me.. Keep up the fine work nutjobs.. Rallyboy et al, many thanks for the s******s, chortles, coffee over keyboard moments, not to mention the bemused stares received from work colleagues and finally... the joy of escaping here to avoid the meltdowns on the main board..

UTS

Ah....1968....the year of one's birth.

Coincidentally, 1968 is also the number of life saving operations that Pompey's tax avoidance could have paid for.....and all to keep a decrepit football club alive.

Not that I'm bitter about it....

"There were also additional TV monies we hadn’t budgeted for"

Wasn't this the increased parachute payments? If so how much was that? Not sure where else additional TV monies would come from, did the Football League Show up it's payments to league sides?

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8914671/Parachute-Payments-Are-Crippling-Competition

Solidarity Payments increased by £12k as well as their final parachute going up by £1m. They were also on Sky a few times but no idea how much they get for that.

The old parachute payments revised in 2010 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365 were £48m over 4 years (£15m for the first season, £17m for the second and then a further two payments of £8m per season)

The new deal was http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8646585/premier-league-wont-budge-on-increased-parachute-payments relegated clubs to receive £23million in the first year, £18million in the second and £9million in years three and four.

As the Skates were in the 4th year of PPs last season, they got £9m instead of £8m, plus the £240k solidarity payment for L2 clubs.

Presumably Pompeynomics means that despite them going on about "all" the PPs being redirected to the massive outstanding debt they owe to former players when their League status was in doubt before 2012/13, they've still had away with the extra million PPs as some kind of surplus.

Ha, having said I have no idea how much they get for being on Sky, here's Portsmouth's Mark Catlin to confirm it's approx £10k.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/pompey-refund-fans-travel-costs-after-tv-moves-game

The article is also all about how the club refunded the travel costs of 70 fans who were inconvenienced by the fixture being moved for tv, and then in classic Skate style, buries the news that actually the club didn't pay for it in the middle there somewhere.

Is this a new accounting standard, where you can pick your best 11 months of the year to report, and can ignore the month where you have large fixed costs and next to no income?

Why would a company release it's figures a month before the year end?

Ha, having said I have no idea how much they get for being on Sky, here's Portsmouth's Mark Catlin to confirm it's approx £10k.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/pompey-refund-fans-travel-costs-after-tv-moves-game

The article is also all about how the club refunded the travel costs of 70 fans who were inconvenienced by the fixture being moved for tv, and then in classic Skate style, buries the news that actually the club didn't pay for it in the middle there somewhere.

that must be a bargain for Sky to get those hundreds of thousands of Pompey fans as extra viewers. 10k, boy doesnt the TV money dwindle the lower you get

"The Blues’ finance director has revealed operating losses from the 11 months to May 2014 are £90,976.

The results comprehensively outstrip the predictions for the first year of community ownership.

The club had actually budgeted for operating losses of £700,000 up until June 2014."

Does that mean they will now start paying off what they owe to ex-players, charities, Schools, local business's etc. etc?

Does that mean they will now start paying off what they owe to ex-players, charities, Schools, local business's etc. etc?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All that stuff was nuffink to do wiv them, innit. That was the old club. Consigned to history. Apart from the good bits of course....

Edited by trousers

Ignoring the mismatch in the reporting periods for a second...

If the original budget was "fully funded" and they are now £690k ahead of budget; why are they still asking local kids to give them all their pocket money to pay for the training ground?

Not sure what accounting school you went to, but when people refer to 'fully funded' they always actually mean,'fully funded except for the last £700k of the budget'.

By my calculations :

Income was £5,902,555 for the entire year.

Loss - 11 months to May = £90,976.

Total money spent for 11 months to May = £5,993,531

Average monthly spend for 11 months = £544,866

With one month left to go for the accounting period and only money slipping through their webbed fingers I guess it's safe to assume that the total deficit for the full twelve months will actually be £635,842!

Still a saving of around £65k on their original £700k proposal, but certainly not the 'brilliant achievement' that they are blowing their trumpets about!

Still, I guess that's the issue that you get when you use the non standard 11 month accounting calendar!

Hearing the news about Tesco this morning (boss resigning, poor profits and sales) left me wondering if Tesco were to pull out of the deal, where would that leave the club / HNW / 'shareholders' etc.

There is a big discussion about it on pol. General feeling is that they may well pull out but they reckon that Stuart Robinson will then be forced to sell at a lower price to the club as the land won't be worth as much. Erm I don't think so!

Hearing the news about Tesco this morning (boss resigning, poor profits and sales) left me wondering if Tesco were to pull out of the deal, where would that leave the club / HNW / 'shareholders' etc.

Lets hope Tesco, DO pull out, then that sneaky B*****d Robbo will be left with 300sq yards of piky tarmac worth,,,,,,,,,f**kall,

There is a big discussion about it on pol. General feeling is that they may well pull out but they reckon that Stuart Robinson will then be forced to sell at a lower price to the club as the land won't be worth as much. Erm I don't think so!
I thought POL had shut down!

is that the message board that Yasser Arafat was moderating?

Either way I can see how they might want to spin the line that if Tesco pulls out they are quids-in, and if Tesco continues they are quids-in.

When I say quids-in, of course I mean that they get a burger van and a few parking spaces, rather than the £20M that the council was going to donate, according to our old doll-peddling friend.

Is it not that they made a 90k loss *despite* a one off windfall of £1mil, extra equity from HNW and plenty of bucket shaking?

To be fair it's definitely still a feel-good story. Just not for them.

Yeah, this is how I read it - it totally depends on whether they count the extra £1m they received as part of their expected income, or whether they didn't, because they have a responsibility to reallocate all the parachute payments to their football credit... No, sorry, I can't even finish that sentence, this is Portsmouth FC were talking about. They've probably spunked it on some magic beans for the pitch.

that must be a bargain for Sky to get those hundreds of thousands of Pompey fans as extra viewers. 10k, boy doesnt the TV money dwindle the lower you get

They do get £240k for being in L2 from the Prem pity fund, but yeah, the £10k is just a token for showing them on the box, I suspect that amount is only for the away team though - I think the home team gets a bit more for use of their facilities and a "sorry for destroying your chances of selling more pies" award. You have to read between the lines with these Skate financial statements.

They do get £240k for being in L2 from the Prem pity fund, but yeah, the £10k is just a token for showing them on the box, I suspect that amount is only for the away team though - I think the home team gets a bit more for use of their facilities and a "sorry for destroying your chances of selling more pies" award. You have to read between the lines with these Skate financial statements.

You must be wrong there, I am sure Sky and BT Sport are battling over each other to get the best pick of the Skate games every week. Thems international superstars innit.

Yeah, this is how I read it - it totally depends on whether they count the extra £1m they received as part of their expected income, or whether they didn't, because they have a responsibility to reallocate all the parachute payments to their football credit... No, sorry, I can't even finish that sentence, this is Portsmouth FC were talking about. They've probably spunked it on some magic beans for the pitch.

I expect they knew the increased PPs were coming, so were already factored into the budgets. However the loss will be nearer to half a million once they realise there are 12 whole months in every year, and would have been around a million without the increased equity.

"The Blues’ finance director has revealed operating losses from the 11 months to May 2014 are £90,976.

The results comprehensively outstrip the predictions for the first year of community ownership.

The club had actually budgeted for operating losses of £700,000 up until June 2014."

I would assume their outgoings will have included the agreed annual payments to ex-players.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})