Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/pompey-s-boardroom-demolition-which-haunts-owen-1-6137351

The toilet, the bar, gone. Saddest day ever, Pompey heritage, evil ex-owners, flowery language. Will this do? [Ed. no you're fired]

God his work is so painful to read.

One sentence paragraphs ensure that the target market doesn't lose interest.

Yet this seems at odd with the melodramatic tone.

Or perhaps not.

Cater for your audience.

God his work is so painful to read.

One sentence paragraphs ensure that the target market doesn't lose interest.

Yet this seems at odd with the melodramatic tone.

Or perhaps not.

Cater for your audience.

Naked wood...

I got as far as naked wood :mcinnes:

Naked wood?

Is Avram in da house?...

Yes, that child-maimer brought nothing but bad luck to pompey - the honest club was tainted by dirty cash made from illegal arms dealing.

Not that he actually owned the club, that was just a little irregularity supported by false paperwork overlooked by the authorities - but I digress.

His time at Fratton was a disgrace and best consigned to the boardroom toilet of history!

The old villain smashed up the oak panels, did away with the heritage, and his whole reign should be wiped from history - all of it!

All of it apart from the Wembley appearances....

And the cup 'win'.

And the night that Pele/Maradona declared them the greatest club in sport.

And the win at SMS.

Yes, it's just another round of that old pompey parlour game,cherry-picking history!

Nasty villainous owner gives fans the time of their lives.

Luckily Terry the shafted builder took control of the furniture made by Jesus during his old man's take your son to work days, but is there any sign of the old corner flags that were cut from the main sail of HMS Victory by Queen Victoria?

Naked wood?

Is Avram in da house?...

Yes, that child-maimer brought nothing but bad luck to pompey - the honest club was tainted by dirty cash made from illegal arms dealing.

Not that he actually owned the club, that was just a little irregularity supported by false paperwork overlooked by the authorities - but I digress.

His time at Fratton was a disgrace and best consigned to the boardroom toilet of history!

The old villain smashed up the oak panels, did away with the heritage, and his whole reign should be wiped from history - all of it!

All of it apart from the Wembley appearances....

And the cup 'win'.

And the night that Pele/Maradona declared them the greatest club in sport.

And the win at SMS.

Yes, it's just another round of that old pompey parlour game,cherry-picking history!

Nasty villainous owner gives fans the time of their lives.

Luckily Terry the shafted builder took control of the furniture made by Jesus during his old man's take your son to work days, but is there any sign of the old corner flags that were cut from the main sail of HMS Victory by Queen Victoria?

Excellent prose as always rb.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/pompey-s-boardroom-demolition-which-haunts-owen-1-6137351

The toilet, the bar, gone. Saddest day ever, Pompey heritage, evil ex-owners, flowery language. Will this do? [Ed. no you're fired]

I couldn’t get down there until 3pm and when I did there was a team of builders – fortunately under the guidance of Terry Clark who had some sympathy and was going to help me clear all the archives, trophies and glassware from the cabinet.

Good old Terry the builder, he has gushed about how he saved the boardroom chairs etc, I never knew he has being paid to destroy the lot in the first place!

A man of honour and integrity.

Dunne played at St Johnstone recently - my second team. Wasn't a bad player, L2 probably about his level at the moment but not a bad deal for the Skates on a free.

Wasn't a free though. Five figure sum paid by the team banned from buying.

All in all.. Thank **** that part of our History is behind us..

Never again to be dumped on by Greedy , rich, corrupt pieces of trash...

Roll on August..

PUP.

LOL - Oh Really :) :) :) :)

Owen needs to remember that for all his dodgy family connections, Gaydamak invested in a team that brought us the FA Cup. I certainly didn't see many fans mourning over an old boardroom that day at Wembley. When you consider that other clubs have had their stadiums rebranded as product names, their club colours altered and even their names changed, the refurbishing of an old boardroom is trivial

:mcinnes::mcinnes:

Well thank god we are well rid of the past and moving fwd in such a great way

Indeed. Last season you really showed the football world a thing or two

Good old Terry the builder, he has gushed about how he saved the boardroom chairs etc, I never knew he has being paid to destroy the lot in the first place!

A man of honour and integrity.

Lol.

Pretty sure nobhead neil was trumpeting the fact that Terry the builder rescued the antique chairs from a skip, took pity on them like a lonely child, lost on a deserted street and then whisked them off to his lockup to keep them safe.

He must have missed out the bit where one of his building crew threw them in the skip in the first place!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-delight-at-season-ticket-response-1-6141874

"...they are confident the club can surpass last year’s remarkable season ticket haul of 10,600."

But...

"Speaking to the ticket office manager, however, he is confident we will be in or around the figure we achieved last season."

Shurely shome mishtake?

So if last season they sold 10,600 and so far they've sold 5,500 of which over a thousand weren't season ticket holders last year, that means they are about 6,000 down at the minute. Early bird finishes on 11th July, so they'd better get a move on.

It looks as though they have appointed Salisbury City manager Mikey Harris to take charge of their youth set-up.

I don't know what sort of salary managers at Conference National Level attract, but I wouldn't have thought he comes cheap.

Regardless of its size, how they managing to add another salary to wage bill? Especially as the academy was supposedly going to be mothballed.

Lol.

Pretty sure nobhead neil was trumpeting the fact that Terry the builder rescued the antique chairs from a skip, took pity on them like a lonely child, lost on a deserted street and then whisked them off to his lockup to keep them safe.

He must have missed out the bit where one of his building crew threw them in the skip in the first place!

Yes Terry the builder was at pains to point out that he had stored them at his own great expense too, again completely omitting the fact that he had been contracted to destroy the lot, and that he has effectively stolen Gadymacks trash. Cant beat a goold old fashioned portsmyth.

That is the problem with serial bullsh*tters like #factless, they trade in gutter journolism and sell cheap lies and half truths to get a few bites and to keep a roof over their heads, but the lies always catch up with them in the end!

It looks as though they have appointed Salisbury City manager Mikey Harris to take charge of their youth set-up.

I don't know what sort of salary managers at Conference National Level attract, but I wouldn't have thought he comes cheap.

Regardless of its size, how they managing to add another salary to wage bill? Especially as the academy was supposedly going to be mothballed.

Their youth team (its not an academy by any stretch of the imagination, on par with non-league clubs) is to be completely self funded by local businesses etc, hence why the property developers are begging the skate supporters for cash again LOL

So the manager will be working FOC, dining on pigeon and maybe some crab if he gets to go out on the door-knocking/leafleting campaign with all those lucky teenage zero hour contract & zero wage workers.

Arry and Storrieteller teaming up again !? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2669948/Luis-Suarez-biting-incident-leads-millions-England-fans-switch-Roy-Hodgsons-boys-ITV1-Uruguay-v-Italy-ITV4.html

HARRY CHANGES AGENT

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has switched his representatives again to team up with Peter Storrie, a close friend and former chief executive with him at West Ham and Portsmouth.

Redknapp left the First Artist agency following an unhappy period in 2012 when he missed out on the England job and left Spurs to link up with Wayne Rooney’s adviser Paul Stretford, who negotiated his QPR deal.

But Redknapp and Stretford parted last April - although their QPR agreement expires in August - with Redknapp’s affairs now looked after by Storrie’s RB & F Enterprises. These include a new commercial deal to be the face of 666Bet, who were offering 1966-1 on England winning the World Cup.

Storrie is being assisted on the commercial side by Raps Management, run by Scott Smith, son of Jon, the founder of First Artist. Storrie said: ‘I’ve worked closely with Harry for 18 years and he wanted someone to organise his busy life. He wants to carry on in football management for as long as he can.’

And i was so looking forward to this seasons new team mugshot:D

the way things are going a passport booth should do the trick,

Don't be too hard on yourselves, I'm sure you'll be able to pick a few players released from Blue Square sides so you can field a team.

My Katrina has now got a big purse,

Hearty congratulations for your 2,000th post on a Southampton Football Club forum :toppa:

(said the bloke who's posted c.74,385 times on a Pompey thread....)

:D

I've heard a rumour that some of your players are being coveted by Bradford and Colchester - nothing you can do to hold on to them - at least the £30k fee can be re-invested in to paying for some penalty spots on the training pitch.

Hearty congratulations for your 2,000th post on a Southampton Football Club forum :toppa:

(said the bloke who's posted c.74,385 times on a Pompey thread....)

:D

kin-ell thank you sir! i'm getting old,When i get my season ticket i'll take a rain check on the seat that **** with the bell legged on fank's;)

The main board is so depressing it is actually quite nice to come in here and have the pee taken a bit.

I wonder if all the problems at Tesco's will affect the proposed Pompey development?

To be fair it seems that the issues are more to do with a preponderance of large out of town sites but it does appear that shareholders are putting the Tesco Board under increasing pressure to concentrate on reducing prices to compete with the Aldis and Nettos rather than expanding the number of stores.

Meanwhile, as a gesture of friendship, perhaps the £80 odd million we may expect to receive for our departing players should be offered up to our friends down the road to pay off their debts or build a brand new stadium worthy of 4th Division football

:lol:

Mugs is a speciality in Pompey Mack, there are loads of them who think they own the club,lol

I think KL has a big everything

Now as for calendars, I wonder what gems Pompey will be able to put on your calendar. No doubt household names,although probably not even household names in their own home.

I wonder if all the problems at Tesco's will affect the proposed Pompey development?

To be fair it seems that the issues are more to do with a preponderance of large out of town sites but it does appear that shareholders are putting the Tesco Board under increasing pressure to concentrate on reducing prices to compete with the Aldis and Nettos rather than expanding the number of stores.

Meanwhile, as a gesture of friendship, perhaps the £80 odd million we may expect to receive for our departing players should be offered up to our friends down the road to pay off their debts or build a brand new stadium worthy of 4th Division football

NFW with the 80 mil LOL

Hey email me my don't think they like my opinions on the main board. LOL

:lol: Mugs is a speciality in Pompey Mack, there are loads of them who think they own the club,lol

I think KL has a big everything

Now as for calendars, I wonder what gems Pompey will be able to put on your calendar. No doubt household names,although probably not even household names in their own home.

Don't go fretting over it NickyBoy, one snap for all 12,,,,,,,,,,,photo of the way out!:blush:

Don't go fretting over it NickyBoy, one snap for all 12,,,,,,,,,,,photo of the way out!:blush:
lol could be, would open up to all the fans of Man U , Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea who would be wanting to buy one to see who their next star player who is likely to arrive.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-boss-won-t-break-his-budget-1-6150682

Why do they even have to make these promises? Oh, yeah...

‘I’m not bothered about the quantity of players we have – it’s more about quality.

The old girl rises again, Cotterills famous quality over quantity strategy!

Awford also confirmed there had been no enquiries for any of his 27-man squad since they returned for pre-season training.

Lucky skates, weve been tapped up so hard that we now have more cash than we are going to be able to spend, as our England internationals get picked off by the top four clubs. So much cash in fact, we could buy the skates/pdt/pst out around 15 times over and still have enough left to buy the virtual penalty spot at roko.

The debated £14m - £70m promotion from L1 to PL costs (including the training ground at the top end), have been wiped out in the space of a week.

Well if Awford doesn't go over budget he will be the first manager since they won the first division title who hasn't.

It just seems odd that you have to officially announce something blindingly obvious.

Wenger assures Arsenal fans that he won't pleasure himself with farm animals this season....Mourinho confident that none of his players are heroin addicts....Awford says he will stick to the agreed budget. :?

Well if Awford doesn't go over budget he will be the first manager since they won the first division title who hasn't.

It just seems odd that you have to officially announce something blindingly obvious.

Wenger assures Arsenal fans that he won't pleasure himself with farm animals this season....Mourinho confident that none of his players are heroin addicts....Awford says he will stick to the agreed budget. :?

(y)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})