Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What's this I hear about Fratton getting a new stand? Are they getting slightly carried away....again? e8eze5ar.jpg

LOL, im sure that will slot right in behind the Tescos loading bay! If they pulled that off (!), they would be knocking on the door of the likes of Bradford.

Maybe they should focus on laying the seeds and putting up the £250k fence first!

What would be the point of expanding the stadium like that?

How much extra capacity would it create? - No where near enough to satisfy demand after they get promoted back to L1 when they'll just have to expand again.

Best to get the buckets out again and expand to 250,000 seats now rather than put up with the disruption of doing it in stages.

What would be the point of expanding the stadium like that?

How much extra capacity would it create? - No where near enough to satisfy demand after they get promoted back to L1 when they'll just have to expand again.

Best to get the buckets out again and expand to 250,000 seats now rather than put up with the disruption of doing it in stages.

To get 250,000 seats onto that site the last 100,000 seats will need binoculars and harnesses to stop people falling half a mile directly out of their seats onto the pitch due to the steep sightlines...

To get 250,000 seats onto that site the last 100,000 seats will need binoculars and harnesses to stop people falling half a mile directly out of their seats onto the pitch due to the steep sightlines...

The extra seats will be based in the new "5th stand" which will be on top of the glass roof above the pitch.

It will be known as the "Community bestest stand" and will be a model for all other "fan owned" clubs in the world.

Alternatively (to borrow from RB above)...

The 250,000 seats requirement will be reduced to 98,750 in CVA 1 (39.5%) and then to 10,000 seats in CVA 2 (4%).

Seems about right.

That genuine bus shelter ( post 98636 ) has its own website which is much better to look at than pimpeys website.

The bus stop probably has more visitors than nottarf krap does as well :lol:

"The Bus Shelter has had a long and highly decorated history including winning the award of Best Bus Shelter in

Britain (Buses Monthly Magazine), being the Community Website of the Year 2003 (Yahoo! Finds of the Year)

and becoming one of the most visited tourist attractions in Shetland, recording thousands of names in the visitors

book every year."

This site below tells the story of the Bus Shelter and how it became what it is today.

http://www.unstbusshelter.shetland.co.uk/index.html

Edited by Saint in Paradise

LOL, im sure that will slot right in behind the Tescos loading bay! If they pulled that off (!), they would be knocking on the door of the likes of Bradford.

Maybe they should focus on laying the seeds and putting up the £250k fence first!

According to the skate that sent it to me, it's going to be part of the tesco development. That's about all I could make out between him gushing about them being a sleeping giant, debt free and being able to easily sell out 30k in L2.

Also, they're down to 10 men. Obviously the ref couldn't handle the MASSIVE crowd. Lol.

qygymuju.jpg

Without wanting to sound too much like a bitter jealous scummah, unless you are playing them at rowing or University Challenge, a win over Cambridge is no big deal!

Just sad to see that the ref found the game too big, it was his cup final after all.

(deluded myth no.646)

But the sleepiest giant is awake and Fortress of Fat is ready to cook chips again!

The old stadium was packed to the rafters, it was rocking - sort-of, only a fifth of the ground empty, which is no problem in League Two, it's a great gate, really.

RB you old cynic, it's fantastic support.

Unless of course you have spent the whole summer talking about full houses and the best support in world football, and then at the first opportunity, you fail miserably to back it up. :?

Time for the spin factory to ease off the accelerator and get real.

Go buy some fence and kid everyone that you have a training ground.

New election for the PST withe election statements at the bottom ! http://www.pompeytrust.com/pages/pst-election

'Unfortunately, due to the extra work placed on key members, particularly the Secretary, and the precariousness of the Club's playing position towards the end of last season and the work involved, we have not been able to consult the members in advance of this year's election.'

I think Pompey fans have done a great job and should be supported by every right minded football supporter. This thread really is getting sad and bitter. Surely we are better than that? Time to lock the thread, I think. Embarrassing....

John, you have called for this thread to be locked on a number of occasions. Get over it. No one is listening...

I think Pompey fans have done a great job and should be supported by every right minded football supporter. This thread really is getting sad and bitter. Surely we are better than that? Time to lock the thread, I think. Embarrassing....

The media were still banging on about Ronnie Biggs decades after his robbery. I see no difference to what is going on here. Plenty of mileage in this yet. Thieving Skate b@rstads.

1974 pages, 98656 posts, 8,019,467 views, and NOW it's getting sad and bitter!

pompey fans have done a great job!

Nice wind-up! :lol:

But don't announce that on the main board, there's people on there who despise Rickie and dislike half of our current team - god knows what they'd make of your fishy love-in! :o

Anyway this current takeover hasn't completed yet - and it's a bit late to halt bitter, that ship sailed long ago! :lol:

Try living on the frontline and hearing anti-Saints stuff and portsmyths everyday, then see if you can ignore the rivalry. :)

They have rescued their club but there is not one ounce of humility about them, they really think they are the bestest and while they display such a collective arrogance I will continue to laugh at their lowly predicament!

They have rescued their club but there is not one ounce of humility about them, they really think they are the bestest and while they display such a collective arrogance I will continue to laugh at their lowly predicament!

Nail on head , plus they have absolutely not one shred of respect for the league they are in or their opposition. Detestable behaviour

Nail on head , plus they have absolutely not one shred of respect for the league they are in or their opposition. Detestable behaviour

Plus their city is a ****ing dump inhabited by complete bellends.

I think Pompey fans have done a great job and should be supported by every right minded football supporter

You mean they've finally given up reveling in the "glory days" of the last decade which were built on foundations that they couldn't afford and have never paid off? I must have missed that revelation....

just for balance , for those of us that have managed to keep our POL logins there are still plenty of threads on there bashing saints . Its why we're rivals its called point scoring , and I for one love it , don't get the violence bit of it but banter and point scoring is all par for the course , It is why we are rivals . Imagine you supported Bournemouth trying to drum up rivalry ....

Even though there are many many many places between us they are still the first score I look for praying for another loss , call me obsessed sad deluded whatever , I'm glad that we have the skates as rivals it makes life fun !

This thread is to oversee the detail of their financial cack-handedness and to promote various myth-busting, any footballing rivalry is purely incidental. There could easily be another thread just for on-field nonsense.

The financial stuff has at least another 2 years to run, their 11 month accounts show that.

Isn't that what it's always been? See you later then. Why are you still posting here and keeping the thread alive?

I post infrequently and am always surprised that this thread is still going and most of the current comments are from the same old people. I dislike all things Pompey as most of us do, but it is NO longer about a takeover.

I post infrequently and am always surprised that this thread is still going and most of the current comments are from the same old people. I dislike all things Pompey as most of us do, but it is NO longer about a takeover.

Do you know who actually owns the football club?

Yes, that is a genuine question.

You're right it isn't. Not a reason for it to be locked, though.

The best thing about this thread is it genuinely does keep one topic in one place: there is only one thread about that lot down the road and this am it. It's a rare demonstration of good forum discipline.

There could be an argument to change the name of the thread, which has happened a couple of times (most hilariously when Fitzhugh went apesh it on the back of one quite neat title change).

As this is no more than a fine receptical for all Skate news/opinion/analysis maybe we should just call it "The Dumping Ground: The Pompey thread".

Plus their city is a ****ing dump inhabited by complete bellends.

Lol - my other half runs a homeless hostel in southampton for drug addicts and alcoholics - don't talk to me about pompey being a ****hole full of bellends its the same both sides of fareham. There have been some horrific murders up there recently.

Whatmough is a raw talent at the moment but if in 2-3 years when he has developed a little more and we sell for £3m-£5m with a sell on fee and invest in the club both on and off the field that will be the way forward. We are a mid championship team with the infrastructure we have so that is the goal.

I put pompey in my 4 team acca to win the league outright EW along with Sheffield United, Bournemouth (long shot I know) and Chelsea. Can see them getting top 3 at least this season, weirdly I'm quite glad it seems that it might work out for them, each league will be a big step up for them though and if they get to the championship I think they would struggle to stay there.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})