Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Talking of which, whatever happened to the forensic investigation into the Pompey accounts that Baker Tilly were conducting? No doubt something else that has been conveniently and quietly brushed under the carpet and airbrushed from history....

Now that is something I would like an outcome from and the people in charge bought to justice, we have no control over that either it is an independent investigation is it not that we cannot influence

Thing is in an ideal world I would of loved us to settle all debts in full but what do you expect us to do about it, the board are not going to start paying off debt that they do not have to are they, it does not make it right but how many businesses would do this? Yes its morally wrong but it does not matter how long you bang on about it and how many of us "normal fans" would like to happen it will not.

I would of rather not had Gaydamak and his bank loaned millions but I cannot change it - I would of rather we had stayed in the championship and lived within our means as would alot of fans, but what has happened has happened and it cannnot be erased.

Now that is something I would like an outcome from and the people in charge bought to justice, we have no control over that either it is an independent investigation is it not that we cannot influence

Thing is in an ideal world I would of loved us to settle all debts in full but what do you expect us to do about it, the board are not going to start paying off debt that they do not have to are they, it does not make it right but how many businesses would do this? Yes its morally wrong but it does not matter how long you bang on about it and how many of us "normal fans" would like to happen it will not.

I would of rather not had Gaydamak and his bank loaned millions but I cannot change it - I would of rather we had stayed in the championship and lived within our means as would alot of fans, but what has happened has happened and it cannnot be erased.

Credit where due. Good post.

Normal fans at Pompey...:lol:

I was there... I was there when Benali scored.. Last match at The Dell.. Alan Knight's testimonial, dodging the lumps of concrete; in the Fratton End for England U-21 with Danny Wallace, England Ladies against Turkey this year with collapsing seats and appalling loos...

No been posting for several years.Ex player. Born in Bitterne. I just think that this thread is past its sell by date.It is not about any takeover anymore but a simmering and sometimes indignant rant against all things Pompey. Nothing wrong in that per se but it is no longer about a takeover. As for being simple!! Well I simply have a different viewpoint. Does that make me simple or is the poster of that stupid comment a simpleton?

If you don't like the sentiments expressed on this thread perhaps with respect it is you that needs to move on. Rally boy has given us some truly funny posts and a lot of pleasure and long may it continue. Like someone else said, this takeover is not completed yet, their fans think they own the club but the simple fact is they don't. When the penny eventually drops you watch the fall out from where you want, if its alright to you I shall watch it on here.

Another fishy deal for milking the few: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/phone-company-proud-to-be-main-pompey-sponsor-1-6261027

What's next, the Pompey Community 5% ley on your utilities bill, Pompey petrol at 1p extra per litre, shop at Pompey Community partner Tescos and donate your clubcard points to pay for the half time oranges...

Another fishy deal for milking the few: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/phone-company-proud-to-be-main-pompey-sponsor-1-6261027

What's next, the Pompey Community 5% ley on your utilities bill, Pompey petrol at 1p extra per litre, shop at Pompey Community partner Tescos and donate your clubcard points to pay for the half time oranges...

One Con more like

Another 17ish* posts and we'll be at the approx post for the cup final date.

*May 1st is approx 1/3rd through the year, 50 posts per pages, 50/3 = 16.666

I was going to challenge your maths, but then did the sums and you're right! How can the 5th month be 1/3 of the way through 12 I ask myself!

They don't need a Plan B. They're Pompey, and they'll be fine because they always are no matter what they do. The unflushables.

They have a clear plan B, just sell more 'shares' to property develo..... erm, errrrr, fans, clearly fans, who also have a sideline in construction. More 'fans' can pour endless quantities of money into their local building opportunity.

As we're between administrations and Indiana Jones is still out there somewhere in a tomb or jungle trying to locate the missing 12th month of the accounts, there is time to ponder Tesco's strategy and guess at the next move...

Everything would point toward them shelving this sort of development at the moment.

Presumably they have a deal with Robinson so he might get some compensation if they u-turn, I guess he has another agreement with pompey if the development completes.

If it doesn't he is left with land to sell and pompey don't get their all seater 50,000 stadium/hardstanding for a burger van.

The land only has value if a buyer is out there so it could even return to wasteland for a while, or Robinson might even see it as his opportunity to move on?

His motivation has always been the Tesco deal - and of course his love of the club.

His shares could be bought by a another begathon, but I don't think they could muster the millions he would need which would turn him directly into a greedy villain.

They might even find themselves in the rare situation where someone controls the club for personal gain, and they want them out...

I do hope pompey haven't spent the Tesco money already on their plan to return speedily to the midtable Championship position that is rightly theirs.

But if the store does go ahead then the Fortress of Fat is landlocked for a generation, so I see win-win - though a Tesco pull-out would give more laughs, a dash of panic, and might allow our favourite Toyboy to step in and negotiate his fabled £20M fee from the city council.

Just to let you all know I'm embarking on my (currently) annual charity mission tomorrow, as the Skates face Newport County at Fart-on.

Due to the need to drive myself into Southampton later for the purposes of getting drunk and getting a taxi home, I'll be a lot more sober than last season's equivalent match, where County beat the fishy feckers 2-0 comfortably, and at some point I'll be back here to report on the usual nonsense (i.e. fan volume, empty seats, fat in pipes, fans sniffing coke in the toilets, hilarious announcements, bizarre local pub signs and lack of ability of ridiculous-looking blonde wonderkids). Unfortunately I'm not anticipating a repeat of last season, though Newport (bottom 4 at the moment) have taken the lead against high-flying Burton and Morecambe in their last 2 matches...

Just to let you all know I'm embarking on my (currently) annual charity mission tomorrow, as the Skates face Newport County at Fart-on.

Due to the need to drive myself into Southampton later for the purposes of getting drunk and getting a taxi home, I'll be a lot more sober than last season's equivalent match, where County beat the fishy feckers 2-0 comfortably, and at some point I'll be back here to report on the usual nonsense (i.e. fan volume, empty seats, fat in pipes, fans sniffing coke in the toilets, hilarious announcements, bizarre local pub signs and lack of ability of ridiculous-looking blonde wonderkids). Unfortunately I'm not anticipating a repeat of last season, though Newport (bottom 4 at the moment) have taken the lead against high-flying Burton and Morecambe in their last 2 matches...

Good luck mate, are you taking some of the gang along with you ??

I hope you have had all your jabs,

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})