Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So if Johnson moves in January (as rumoured) and there is a sell on fee, that will go to the creditors as well :)

Sell on clauses are based on the delta between the original fee and the new. So if Johnson moved to Liverpool for 10 million and sold for 20 million, a 10% sell on fee would net the old club 1 million.

Juventus won't be paying anything like the original 18 million Liverpool played. So neither creditors or the HNW's need to get excited.

One interesting point is that with the 500k from last season, pfc were obviously all over it and probably thought it was in the bag. It would be a real shame and surprise, if they factored in this 500k into their budgets for this season - I'm sure they wouldn't have done that though :) :)

Edited by Gemmel

If normal arbitration rules apply, they will be picking up a hefty wedge of BDO's lawyer fees as well.

Maybe they could divert the huge sums that were raised for a certain engagement manager's court case fighting fund last year. Talking of which, whatever happened to that....? Maybe it ended up in the same pot as the 'kids get in free' prize money they won.... :suspicious:

Edited by trousers

So a £500,000 payout as part of the Johnson transfer because Liverpool finished second:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/johnson-windfall-to-benefit-pompey-creditors-1-6286300

The money grubbing begging bastards tried to claim the money was theirs, but it isn't.

Hallelujah, that's what we suspected as soon as the money claim came forward when the rumour came out regarding Liverpool winning the league.

It was only when the only Burton fan I know said this morning that they'd beaten the skates that I even knew that they'd played. They've fallen so far they've becoming utterly unimportant to me.

Meanwhile, I watched it live on Sky and actually went to their previous league match (in the away end at Fratton, of course).

More murky goings on dressed up as right and proper:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/further-pompey-player-windfalls-ruled-out-1-6291340

"Meanwhile, the wrangle over the disposal of former club land in Bedhampton continues.

And Birch admitted it was a ‘complex’ issue.

He said: ‘It is a bit of land which is a bit complex in terms of who owns it."

I bet the person who really owns it doesn't consider it complex at all.

Here's the paperwork, there's the deeds.

The End.

And I'll bet a quid that it's not AllNewPFC2013.org or whatever they call themselves.

and I'll bet a quid that person is Chainrai

"Here's the paperwork, there's the deeds.

The End."

Yeah, I really don't get how it can be complex. It belongs to whatever incorporated entity or individual is entered on the deed as the owner surely. Simple Land Registry look up and bob's your uncle, it belongs to whoever it belongs to.

"Here's the paperwork, there's the deeds.

The End."

Yeah, I really don't get how it can be complex. It belongs to whatever incorporated entity or individual is entered on the deed as the owner surely. Simple Land Registry look up and bob's your uncle, it belongs to whoever it belongs to.

You might think that's the case but it ain't! I'm currently working with a large power station to ascertain surrounding land ownership. They have hired a company called Terra Quest to sort it out because it has proved so complicated. In that case there are loads of small parcels of land around the site for which ownership is unidentified, appears unregistered or is unclear due to old, lost and conflicting records at the Land Registry.

The land issue is probably complicated due to all the various charges listed against it - Chinny, Dubov, Local Council, PFA, HMRC etc etc.

Does anyone know where this little strip of land is? How significant is it? Have the snooze ever printed a googlemaps image of it like they did with a who owns what around fratton?

I'm going to guess that the land is no more than a dirt track leading nowhere significant....

The land issue is probably complicated due to all the various charges listed against it - Chinny, Dubov, Local Council, PFA, HMRC etc etc.

Does anyone know where this little strip of land is? How significant is it? Have the snooze ever printed a googlemaps image of it like they did with a who owns what around fratton?

I'm going to guess that the land is no more than a dirt track leading nowhere significant....

PFC's road to nowhere - how appropriate

Dirt track in Horton Heath?

Considering a certain former manager of theirs has this sort of view... maybe we can see where it went wrong for them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29172142

:lol:

Well, he's basically said fair play would be everyone being able to spend the same amount. Can't argue with that. I can say that him saying they should be allowed to spend as much as Man U is exactly the point, but the principles of fairness certainly aren't represented by uneven limits.

"We should be able to spend as much as Manchester United have spent before we play them on Sunday" is Redknapp's half-baked way of looking at it - what he should be saying is that Man Utd should only be able to spend the same as everyone else, not that everyone should be able to spend as much as them (especially as some of them don't have it).

2-0. Oh dear, oh dear. Meltdown time tonight...

Massive club in shock loss to small-time Southend. Said footballing genius 'Awful': "I can't believe we made a bottom tier club, especially one beginning with the word 'South', look good this afternoon. If this goes on we'll be a laughing stock."

Edited by Waterside.saint
corrected quote by Andy 'Awful' Awford

Not sure how much truth there is in this but understand that the Portsmouth crest is linked to emblems found in the Middle East.

In addition Pompey are, apparently, the only English club directly linked to a Middle Eastern religion.

When they were formed their original members always wanted the club to be Shi-ite.

Appreciate there are many Portsmyths so this could be one of them of course.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})