Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hello, is that Nottingham City Council?

Yeah you don't know us but we were your main rivals for the football gig....no, we're not Manchester, we're pompey......portsmouth - the passionate ones? With the ships and stuff?....We won the cup? No, not the European one....

Yeah that's us!.....And we did have a lot of debt yes.....and the prostitutes...and the money-laundering, see you do remember us!

No, we haven't paid the cup teams yet...... yeah, we're in League Two as you ask, but we are doing very well so we'll probably be playing each other pretty soon....yes, it is good to have a dream.

Anyway, enough smalltalk, we thought you did a super job trying to compete with us in a competition that only we could win, but you were short of one ingredient, so we'd like to help you out and send you something...

Yes, technically you did win but we were quite shocked as we are the bestest, so we thought we'd help you little guys out with some bottles of passion.

Yes, that is what I said....so how many crates of passion do you guys think you need to bring you up closer to our level?

Hello....hello?

I actually did lol at that ?. Great work rallyboy.

It would be interesting to know how many of the season ticket holders are possible targets for the Car Finance Company.

Quite a few, I think...

The Car Finance Company and The World Of Cars have similar values to ours as a community football club and we are delighted to have them on board.

Not only that, the agreement will mean we will be able to offer our fans some amazing deals on used cars and tailored finance options.

There's trouble at Tesco...

Overstating their profits by a quarter of a billion pounds.

They seem to be a company that has tried to fool people into thinking that they are doing much better than they are and are worth more than people suspect.

It's a disease.

It's a bummer isn't it. And just as planning permission was formally granted last Friday. Wonder where that leaves the chances of a new car park for the faithful now.

I love the fact the mail have shown a picture of Ertle celebrating his goal, an article about having more fans at their ground, and he's celebrating in front of a bank of empty seats...

So, these 8 more fans they have, are they real actual fans or are they now counting the cuddly toys that they seem to bringing to matches now?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see Agent Connolly standing firm in spite of [what looks like] bully-boy tactics from the club, along with snidey rabble-rousing by Factless and his cronies.

Hang on in there, Dave - only 8 more months until your contract runs out..

http://tinyurl.com/m59a9hz

He hasn’t made a single Pompey appearance since January 18, 2014.

... the very mention of the 37-year-old’s name is met with a frown at Fratton Park.

Remarkable work Agent Connolly.

Yet the overwhelming likelihood is he will never play for Pompey again.

In the meantime, the silence, the whispers and knowing nods from those in Pompey power are enough to accurately read between the lines.

Ah yes, the era of transparency and engagement.

It’s a costly outcome for a player awarded a two-year deal on May 23, 2013 – a decision widely, and rightly, lauded by supporters at the time.

So stop your whining! We all knew it would end up with the Agent only actually playing for about 10-20% of the duration of his contract.

Most of the rest of the article is purely speculative defamation of his character, along with a number of presumptions about the beliefs of others, as at no point does factless actually try and provide a basis of credibility by publishing his sources.

Mind you, these baseless rants certainly have a few LOL moments

He possesses high standards, insists on complete professionalism and demands facilities are supplied to follow that lead.

Since the summer, talks have taken place over mutually agreeing to cancel his contract.

They have proven unsuccessful and it is understood, at this moment, Connolly is no longer willing to participate in discussions.

:mcinnes:

Priceless, well done Agent Connolly!

Good to see Agent Connolly standing firm in spite of [what looks like] bully-boy tactics from the club, along with snidey rabble-rousing by Factless and his cronies.

Well it's taken a long long time, but that is almost a credible sports article.

As I don't have any shares in Tesco I'm quite happy about the issue of a third profit warning today which caused the shares to fall 10%. Dodgy accounting. They look to be a good match for Pompey but, alas, it probably won't be. Squeaky bum time for Robinson and the Pompey board. I can't see another supermarket retailer stepping into the breach on that site.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/tsco/11113002/Tesco-accounting-scandal-QandA-what-happens-next.html

It probably is, but TBF to our fishy friends, 16k for a Div 2 game against Wycombe is pretty impressive!
apparently about 12k the other night. Slowly the interest will wane. Full credit though, they are getting pretty good crowds. It also is a case that in L2 they must expect to see more positive rwesults for their team and so that is an incentive. A season or so more in L2 and the crowds will start to fall. The same would happen to us as well

In recent years Leeds, Norwich and ourselves had huge crowds in League One and were sensible enough not to check out League Two - but despite having bigger crowds than many Premier League games at that time, the three of us never once claimed as a result to have better support than Liverpool, Newcastle or Real Madrid.

That's the difference - claim you are a big club in League Two, but don't be deluded enough to claim anything beyond that, the rest of football just laughs at you.

QPR's gate money income from the weekend must have been four or five times that of pompey - the devil is in the pricing.

As for Connolly, he is described as an ambitious and driven winner who demands maximum effort from all, and he has popular training methods - maybe that's why he doesn't fit in?

He also disagreed with their last appallingly and hilariously failed manager.

So the few should be careful before taking sides.

This hero/villain doesn't seem to have done much wrong.

I've just added another club to my L2 tour, and I've now seen home fans of L2 clubs at Accrington, Plymouth, Luton, Wimbledon, Tranmere, Wycombe, Northampton, Stevenage, Portsmouth, Hartlepool, Bury, Exeter, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Oxford and Shrewsbury.

With the fans rated in that order. Obviously I've left Newport out, bit biased there and can't judge home fans when in with them. This is on noise level and effort, taking the score into consideration.

"And it has long been the policy at Pompey to keep the postcard on top of the wasp in a cup"

WTF is he on about?

Looks like somebody has seen the light!! ...........................

One more from me on this. To quote the article : "In the meantime, the silence, the whispers and knowing nods from those in Pompey power are enough to accurately read between the lines".

If the above is the new openness, transparency, and dynamic leadership at PFC now... God help us. Still enough to trash and convict a man though eh!

If that sentence above accurately reflects the position of Pompey Power, then I say... gutless cowards

Another classic Factless Article.

44 sentences, each masquerading as a paragraph. :mcinnes:

How on earth does this pr!ck hold down a job as a reporter?

I suppose the constant gaps bewteen each "paragraph" takes up plenty of space, fark all else for them to report about in the Snooze Football section!!

WTF is he on about with the postcard and wasp - any fool knows beer mats are much better!!

WAC

Keep up the good work Agent Connolly, keep drawing your salary and draining their bank balance.

Have I reached the bottom of the page yet?

Time to roll this out for old times sake?

2iw155t.jpg

Lots of laughs in this one:

http://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/first-look-at-pompey-training-ground-1-6314026

The labours of Pompey’s latest community initiative are tantalisingly almost at fruition.

WTF Neil???

‘The building has come from a school in Kent and, with a bit of TLC, will be a good facility once kitted out and placed in a different area of the site.

Building? Secondhand portacabin? Caravan?

Some fans have a kind of hang-up with the them and us – the presidents and the Trust. The reality is we are all Pompey fans in it for the right reason, just different levels of individual investment.

No property developers here, nope, never, not true.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})