Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They are clearing the fat and preparing the official tablecloth because there's a big announcement looming, a nice positive one to please the easily-led...

What I've heard I find difficult to believe, so I look forward to seeing the detail, but brace yourself for a plucky and glorious start to next week.

It's not something that will bother us too much but they'll see it as progress.

They are clearing the fat and preparing the official tablecloth because there's a big announcement looming, a nice positive one to please the easily-led...

What I've heard I find difficult to believe, so I look forward to seeing the detail, but brace yourself for a plucky and glorious start to next week.

They've found a fiver down the back of the sofa?

That much-stained odiferous tablecloth could probably do with a good wash, although the unenthusiastic attitude towards soap of folk on Portsea Island makes it unlikely.

I'm not sure there will be laughs, they'll be more surprise than anything, but there might be laughs if the details don't quite stack up....

Can't imagine what they are going to announce but one thing I am sure off it will not withstand proper scrutiny. Trousers and rallyboy will be on the case!!!!

Get on Twitter and start on @AgainstLeague3, far too positive a spin, I've already mentioned unpaid CVAs and diluted fan "shares", but I'm on hols and cannot be bothered to persist.

Can I suggest something about the pure amount that's been written off in order to enable them to exist, and then something about the non fan ownership, and the fact that these settlements are again not paying the full amount owed, and of course the fact that the parachute payments were more than enough to have paid the players off months ago but they chose not to.

If they have settled their legacy debts ahead of time good for them. It means they will have money from their above average gates for Div 2 to compete. However, whilst owned by the fans the ceiling will come in the 1st div. Likelihood of financing for better just will not be available to them.

A tin pot club with a tin pot ground does not breed confidence ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/18/portsmouth-care-community-club-pompey

"We had a loan of £1.45m from the city council, which we paid off in two months, and a loan of £1.2m from our property-development partner, Stuart Robinson, which we agreed to pay off within a year and that's on schedule. We're ahead of schedule on the football creditor debts. The final parachute payment, which runs out this summer, has helped us to do that..."

So are these debts paid, or are they Pompey paid / unpaid?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/18/portsmouth-care-community-club-pompey

"We had a loan of £1.45m from the city council, which we paid off in two months, and a loan of £1.2m from our property-development partner, Stuart Robinson, which we agreed to pay off within a year and that's on schedule. We're ahead of schedule on the football creditor debts. The final parachute payment, which runs out this summer, has helped us to do that..."

So are these debts paid, or are they Pompey paid / unpaid?

Ooops, old article

This parachute payment thing is outrageous, how right is it that a club relegated from a division 4 years ago keeps getting extremely significant revenue that most clubs in its current division cannot obtain? Especially for performing badly.

I can understand one year, maybe two, but four is just too much.

Also can any nutjob work out which creditors have had the largest haircut to the amount they were owed in 2010, pre-admin no.1?

I thought there might be some little gems in there...

I couldn't understand why they would pay off players who are not due their money until 2016.

'Settlement agreements' that had to be signed off by the PFA!

Have the hero/villains accepted another wagecut for a lump sum?

Well at least they have paid everyone off in full.

I couldn't understand why they would pay off players who are not due their money until 2016.

I'd imagine the chances of those final settlements being made public is slim.

The statement doesn't actually say that they have paid anybody anything. I'm surprised you missed that, RB. Are you slipping?

A quick look at this from the Guardian article means we have the best record in the country on head-to-head results against our nearest rivals - in fact we are the only ones with over a 2-1 ratio of wins.

It's funny nobody on either side has mentioned this before, but from now on.....

Crystal Palace 37-37 Brighton

Supremacy rating 0

Fulham 13-13 QPR

Supremacy rating 0

Blackburn 41-39 Burnley

Supremacy rating 2.5

Derby 35-37 Nottingham Forest

Supremacy rating 2.8

Bolton 15-16 Wigan

Supremacy rating 3.2

Colchester 28-30 Southend

Supremacy rating 3.4

Sheffield United 45-42 Sheffield Wednesday

Supremacy rating 3.4

Sunderland 49-53 Newcastle

Supremacy rating 3.9

Rangers 160-145 Celtic

Supremacy rating 4.9

Aston Villa 42-38 Birmingham City

Supremacy rating 5

Ipswich 43-38 Norwich

Supremacy rating 6.2

Leeds United 25-29 Huddersfield

Supremacy rating 7.4

Liverpool 64-75 Manchester United

Supremacy rating 7.9

Port Vale 16-19 Stoke

Supremacy rating 8.6

Wrexham 37-31 Chester

Supremacy rating 8.8

West Brom 64-53 Wolves

Supremacy rating 9.4

Middlesbrough 40-49 Newcastle

Supremacy rating 10.1

Cardiff 22-27 Swansea

Supremacy rating 10.2

Watford 28-35 Luton

Supremacy rating 11.1

Brentford 16-20 Fulham

Supremacy rating 11.1

Plymouth 32-25 Exeter

Supremacy rating 12.3

Chelsea 63-49 Tottenham

Supremacy rating 12.5

Nottingham Forest 39-30 Notts County

Supremacy rating 13.0

Middlesbrough 46-60 Sunderland

Supremacy rating 13.2

Everton 66-88 Liverpool

Supremacy rating 14.3

Arsenal 74-54 Tottenham

Supremacy rating: 15.6

Man City 48-68 Manchester United

Supremacy rating 17.2

Bury 24-16 Rochdale

Supremacy rating 20

Blackpool 31-48 Preston

Supremacy rating 21.5

Hereford 9-14 Shrewsbury

Supremacy rating 21.7

Grimsby 47-30 Lincoln

Supremacy rating 22.1

Bristol City 47-29 Bristol Rovers

Supremacy rating 23.7

Dundee 45-75 Dundee United

Supremacy rating 25

Millwall 6-10 West Ham

Supremacy rating 25

Charlton 19-33 Crystal Palace

Supremacy rating 26.9

Hearts 138-79 Hibernian

Supremacy rating 27.2

Manchester United 46-26 Leeds United

Supremacy rating 27.8

Oxford 13-23 Swindon

Supremacy rating 27.8

Portsmouth 9-19 Southampton

Supremacy rating 35.7

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})