Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Now when you wake up I will be gone with your cash but I'll leave you virtual a sheet of A4 in it's place and Avram will be trying to get your pants back on to you.

Also you will have forgotten all of the debts, the criminality, the relegations, the ridiculous managerial appointments, the hero/villains, the tax evasion, the written off £130M, the pension fund theft, the harbourdome project, the ludicrous deluded claims, the half-empty ground, the illegal ownership, the false accounting, the underwater Mr Clive, the proposed signing of Eto and Maradona, the money-laundering, and the lenient attitude of the football authorities BUT....you will clearly remember winning a cup, winning at St Mary's and of course the famous dock strike.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read for a long while! :lol: :lol:

Another 0-0 away drab fest, this time at York. Add that to last week's jaunt up to Hartlepool and it's somewhere around 1200 miles of travelling to witness their team fumbling desperately around the box like a sex starved Avram Grant on his first visit to Horton Heath.

Can't believe this thing is still here.

Yeah but you thought Saints were capitulating, reed was a loser, all the players would leave and we would get relegated, so you'll forgive us "Nutjobs" for not worrying about your thoughts.

Are they calling for Awford's head yet? A quick check of Twitter confirms the Hero / Villan swingometer is warming up.

Also look like Agent Connolly has played a blinder, unfortunately just not for them!

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=908985379131478&id=168099103220113

:lol: Agent Connolly = legend.

That numberplate, which I didn't think would be censored, was PI55 PFC.

The censorship on this board is a ****ing ****ty ****ing ********.

It's bloody annoying, isn't it? I've been trying for years to find a way around that shit*.

* That word has just been uncensored now that Ronald uses it in pre-match interviews.

Are they calling for Awford's head yet? A quick check of Twitter confirms the Hero / Villan swingometer is warming up.

Also look like Agent Connolly has played a blinder, unfortunately just not for them!

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=908985379131478&id=168099103220113

Apparently morale would "fall through the roof" if Connolly played? How great do they think their morale is exactly?

Edited by farawaysaint

The scheme cooked up St Marys is going completely to plan, Agent Connolly was thoroughly briefed at the outset and he continues to play his part with consumate skill.

Bravo!

So they've paid their legacy debts to those players, or presumably renogiated them, but what about the charities they robbed? Did they ever pay them? And all very well crowing about how they are run sustainably, whilst papering over the losses that had to be endured by all the local businesses who got stuffed by them over two administrations.

You Nutjobs just won't give them credit for anything!

They are debt-free*, they are fan-owned** which is way better than being at the whim of owners who have firesales every summer, and when someone with big money eventually comes in to make the most of their massive sleepy giant potential, all of those loyal fan shareholders will be selling up and laughing all the way to the bank.

There is too much jealousy coming out on this thread.

I don't even know why you laugh at them, we are in a very precarious state ourselves and likely to be relegated this season.

And that's true, I read it on the main board.

*sort of

**a bit

at the end of the day they need to be applauded for not overspending again. I was surprised that their turnover was as much as 6m and matchday at 3.35m. With revenues like that they will be able to dominate L2.

After all, as West Ham co-chairman David Gold so pompously tweeted to Pompey fan @harrisondunks14: ‘Fans running a club doesn’t work. They sit down at a meeting with a plan to design a horse and end up with a camel’.

I suggest they wont get camels but donkeys

That's typical, gloating on how well financial they are on the back of those renegotiated deals and the 98% wiped out debt.

Against League 3 on Twitter certainly didn't appreciate me querying whether they also supported overspending and not paying a penny of a CVA when they retweeted it as some kind of lower league fan ownership success story.

at the end of the day they need to be applauded for not overspending again.

And do you think that's what they'd be doing if they had managed to ally with anyone with any access to a sizeable amount of money and the credit to get more? I might suggest the only reason they're not burning up credit again already is because they can't get any.

As the Skate who called me a #bitterscummer said, "credit where credit's due" (sic).

And do you think that's what they'd be doing if they had managed to ally with anyone with any access to a sizeable amount of money and the credit to get more? I might suggest the only reason they're not burning up credit again already is because they can't get any.

As the Skate who called me a #bitterscummer said, "credit where credit's due" (sic).

amazing how many parachute payments came their way. Very fortunate indeed that they were extended and increased at various stages

Finance director Tony Brown credited the success to £688,904 on operational savings, chiefly achieved through the renegotiation of legacy debts.

So, let's get this right.....they are "debt free" because they yet again diluted the debt they had to pay back rather than actually paying it back? (Debt that had already been watered down by 96% via CVA1 and CVA2 of course)

Excuse me while I give HSBC a call....

Me: "Hello, HSBC?"

HSBC: "Yes, how can we help?"

Me: "I'd like to clear my mortgage debt with you please"

HSBC: "Ok, no problem sir. You owe £100,000. How would you like to settle that sum?"

Me: "I'd like to offer to pay a percentage of £4,000"

HSBC: "Excuse me sir?"

Me: "Didn't you hear? I want to pay you less than 4% of my debt"

[Line goes dead]

Same old Pompey....always cheating....

So, let's get this right.....they are "debt free" because they yet again diluted the debt they had to pay back rather than actually paying it back? (Debt that had already been watered down by 96% via CVA1 and CVA2 of course)

Excuse me while I give HSBC a call....

Me: "Hello, HSBC?"

HSBC: "Yes, how can we help?"

Me: "I'd like to clear my mortgage debt with you please"

HSBC: "Ok, no problem sir. You owe £100,000. How would you like to settle that sum?"

Me: "I'd like to offer to pay a percentage of £4,000"

HSBC: "Excuse me sir?"

Me: "Didn't you hear? I want to pay you less than 4% of my debt"

[Line goes dead]

Same old Pompey....always cheating....

Football debts have to be paid in full and weren't watered down by either CVA.

Unless of course you get a bunch of neanderthals to intimidate your players into accepting lower payouts. I think they've managed to do it this time without anyone actively threatening or being threatened (and without begging players to take wage cuts and write off money owed to them in full view of the Sky cameras at Wellington), so THERE'S progress for you.

Though admittedly there might have been non-football creditors they've managed to get to agree to less (again) too, and that lot would already have been hammered twice, but it seems unlikely they'd not have already paid th... oh who am I kidding?

Interesting to hear Andy Awful's policy on tomorrow's JPT match (you remember the JPT, it was the tin-pot trophy we won, which they would never sully their proud heritage with).

Competition rules say they have to play a certain percentage of first team players to take the competition half seriously and prevent clubs from sticking out stiffs and kids to manufacture their early exit.

Pondering his squad selection tomorrow, Awford boasted; "I have 29 first-team squad players, some of whom need game time."

TWENTY-NINE? That must be among the biggest squads in League Two and makes you wonder how they can sustain it.

Of course, they couldn't possibly be living beyond their means again or dipping their sticky fingers into chariddy boxes to fund a promotion push.

amazing how many parachute payments came their way. Very fortunate indeed that they were extended and increased at various stages

An extra year's worth at an increased rate, plus extra in L1 and L2 from the new tv deal. They were indeed very jammy in that sense, though notsomuch in the share of dosh they get for being in the league they're in, which is much lower in L2 than it would have been in the Championship.

Interesting to hear Andy Awful's policy on tomorrow's JPT match (you remember the JPT, it was the tin-pot trophy we won, which they would never sully their proud heritage with).

Competition rules say they have to play a certain percentage of first team players to take the competition half seriously and prevent clubs from sticking out stiffs and kids to manufacture their early exit.

Pondering his squad selection tomorrow, Awford boasted; "I have 29 first-team squad players, some of whom need game time."

TWENTY-NINE? That must be among the biggest squads in League Two and makes you wonder how they can sustain it.

Of course, they couldn't possibly be living beyond their means again or dipping their sticky fingers into chariddy boxes to fund a promotion push.

Funnily enough 29 is exactly as many as Newport have, and they're one of the lower spenders, so depending on the level those players are at (Newport's list includes a 16-year old with 1 L2 appearance, but the Skates have Whatmough) I'd say that was about standard.

How much they're offering them is a different matter.

Eiterh way, they're about where I'd expect them to be in the table if they weren't diddling the books. Based on attandances alone they should be in the top 2 though. Which for as long as they're not, is funny.

Football debts have to be paid in full and weren't watered down by either CVA.

Unless of course you get a bunch of neanderthals to intimidate your players into accepting lower payouts. I think they've managed to do it this time without anyone actively threatening or being threatened (and without begging players to take wage cuts and write off money owed to them in full view of the Sky cameras at Wellington), so THERE'S progress for you.

Though admittedly there might have been non-football creditors they've managed to get to agree to less (again) too, and that lot would already have been hammered twice, but it seems unlikely they'd not have already paid th... oh who am I kidding?

My diatribe was based on this quote from the above Neil Allen gloat-fest article:

"The bulk of such legacy debts over the past 18 months have been settled through the parachute payments from those Premier League days – windfalls which have now finished.As part of the process, Brown personally re-negotiated early settlements with those owed – including all former players. Actions which prompted large savings."

That sounds like football debts not being paid in full to me.....unless this whole sorry saga has rendered me a jibbering buffoon of course..... :)

Fairly nasty gloating piece from Neil Allen that ignores the plight of all those who lost out.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-day-football-applauded-pompey-1-6338684

Quite a classic, even for that dumbass - 39 "Paragraphs".

37 of them contain 1 sentence, 1 contains 2 sentences, and 1 contains a mighty 3 sentences, although to put it into perspective, 2 of those sentences were contained in a quote from The WHU Chairman David Gold!!

Nice to see they shaved off nearly 700,000 quid off what they owed by renegotiating the already twice renegotiated dues owed to former players etc. They must be so proud.

WALOB's

Edited by ericofarabia

It goes to show how dumb the PFA / pro footballers are -

'you must take a reduced amount otherwise we'll go out of business (ignore the parachute payments - there ring-fenced for something else)' ok then

'you know that reduced amount we owe you, well actually we can't afford that and we'll go out of business so you must take a further reduced amount (ignore the parachute payments...)' ok then

'you know the reduced amount of the reduced amount we owe you, well actually we're doing better than we thought so we'd like you to take a reduced amount again so that you can rejoice that Pompey has repaid everyone in full and are fine example of how to run a football club' ok then

Alternatively, they just want to forget they ever had anything to do with that lot, or maybe got paid in property developer shares...

Pompey international duo out of action

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-international-duo-out-of-action-1-6341552

I love it when Neil Allen does tinpot stories like this, they are so desperate! Whatmough has withdrawn from the England U-19 squad having originally been a standby and Drennan is on loan from Aston Villa and in the Republic of Ireland U-21s! :lol:

My diatribe was based on this quote from the above Neil Allen gloat-fest article:

"The bulk of such legacy debts over the past 18 months have been settled through the parachute payments from those Premier League days – windfalls which have now finished.As part of the process, Brown personally re-negotiated early settlements with those owed – including all former players. Actions which prompted large savings."

That sounds like football debts not being paid in full to me.....unless this whole sorry saga has rendered me a jibbering buffoon of course..... :)

"Gibbering", but as I was saying, they've managed to get the players to accept a deal without threatening anyone this time, that's progress.

But yes, of course they've not paid the full amount, they weren't even paying most of them the full amount when they announced the repayment plan in the first place, and now they've taken even more of a cut in what they're owed. The players are either stupid, or... nope, that's it. Anyone not getting the full amount owed by their contract from before the last CVA (and probably from before the one before that) is just being stupid. Then again, they signed for Portsmouth in the first place, so...

I wonder how many of them were "just tell us you'll take £1 less so we can say everyone's taken a cut". Presumably this money is all from the HNWs? They'd already had the last parachute payment, so unless that was just sitting there they probably wouldn't have the money.

EDIT: maybe not, see below.

Edited by The9

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})