Pre-Season Announcement - Rangers and Arsenal in Liebherr Memorial Cup

Saint-Armstrong

Am I allowed to not be excited by friendlies?

I'll go to some pre season Academy games to run my eye over the nippers and have a chuckle at Forecast, but otherwise I'm just not interested.

What if we sign Owen and Del Piero?

Just had a quick look on a Rangers forum to see their interest....

Saw one fan put "surprised its not being held at the emirates tbh.".

:facepalm:

Anyway I'm looking forward to this, should be a good day. Just hope I am back from Ibiza in time.

What's wrong with that? They played in a tournament there a few years ago, took about 10k there and played in a sold out ground.

Delighted to have the famous Glasgow Rangers coming to town.

What's wrong with that? They played in a tournament there a few years ago, took about 10k there and played in a sold out ground.

I'm delighted they're coming, massive club and great support.

Only thing I found 'wrong' with that as such is that it is a cup competition in memory of Liebherr, so it'd be a bit odd to have it at another ground.

I'm delighted they're coming, massive club and great support.

Only thing I found 'wrong' with that as such is that it is a cup competition in memory of Liebherr, so it'd be a bit odd to have it at another ground.

I'd imagine they've never even heard of Markus before so I wouldn't be too worried as to them not understanding what it's all about.

Do you want to have an argument about this now or later? ;)

Clearly part of the "insert Rangers player we are signing here" deal.

Their entire squad have just had release clauses activated due to them all taking pay cuts. So if we wanted any of them, they'd be no need to negotiate anything like this as part of the deal.

The only Rangers players I'd be excited about would be Naismith or McGregor.

You must be over the moon with this announcement? The pride of Britain coming to St Mary's. What a fabulous day it will be... ;)

What happened to the notgottapotto****in trophy match with Pompey? Always thought those teams were quite suited to each other and liked them having a bit of a love in.

More than happy to see Rangers coming to the party but could be a few issues.

With big visiting support expected from both them and the Gooners, are we going to see 2 separate away sections? They may have to give an entire split Northam over.

Then as Saints v Arse is the last match on, the sweaties are going to bail out early and fill most of the boozers in the area. And there's always the possibility of a few skates thinking they could turn up in support of their new bestest-bankrupt-buddies from north of the border.

Consider me massively underwhelmed. Was going to do this and take in the Olympic torch too, now might just pitch up to see the torch on its short trip to the ground instead. Then again they might unveil a new kit, so there's still that.

It's way too early for the matches to be remotely competitive with the season a month afterwards, and I'm utterly unconvinced that anyone's going to be particularly interested in travelling in any great numbers to see it.

Consider me massively underwhelmed. Was going to do this and take in the Olympic torch too, now might just pitch up to see the torch on its short trip to the ground instead. Then again they might unveil a new kit, so there's still that.

It's way too early for the matches to be remotely competitive with the season a month afterwards, and I'm utterly unconvinced that anyone's going to be particularly interested in travelling in any great numbers to see it.

I have to agree. You'd get much more interest with foreign teams.

I'm utterly unconvinced that anyone's going to be particularly interested in travelling in any great numbers to see it.

I'd say there'll be considerably more 'Gers than Gooners who could have a couple of thousand. The Jocks will see it as a mini holiday, a trip to the seaside (let's hope they like docks) and will bring plenty down and that number will be bolstered by many Rangers supporters around the south. IMO.

Complain to the club if you have a problem with the name.

I have done! I do it every time they call a bear a cup but they're still doing it!

I feel bad for the Arsenal players they is gonna be well confused when they get a awarded a bear! They're probably bringing down champagne expecting to be awarded a big golden cup but you can't drink champagne from a bear!

The whole thing is ridiculous. It'd be like someone calling me Cupsy.