HCDAJFU - The transfer deadline countdown

saint_stevo

Doesnt matter who is available, at what price, we still conspire to screw transfers up.

Disappointing summer of activity, have to say. And not enough to guarantee PL football next season...........

There you go, talking as if you know what's going on, and that it's already September 1st'.

It isn't.

Adkins has said he will sign players before the window.

We will.

Sit tight.

Don't panic.

There you go, talking as if you know what's going on, and that it's already September 1st'.

It isn't.

We will.

Sit tight.

Don't panic.

NA said we have 2 new signings before the City game and we're still ******* waiting!

NA said we have 2 new signings before the City game and we're still ******* waiting!

He never said that. Where have people got that quote from?

He said the ''endeavors'' are there to get players in before the start of the season, but if they don't manage it we still have until the end of August - and that's where he was more certain.

What?

You posted as if he was ''set to sign''. When in fact he isn't.

QPR have made a bid which hasn't even been accepted.

therefore he isn't set to sign.

He may do at some point, but they've only made a bid at this stage.

He's having a medical tomorrow. He's agreed terms & Spurs have accepted QPR's bid. That sounds pretty solid to me. However, I accept that these things can still go tits up.

Don't you just hate the transfer window. Most clubs would like to get their signings in before the start of the season but due to the inherent nature of the window, most business gets done in the final few days, after the season has started. Ridiculous.

He's having a medical tomorrow. He's agreed terms & Spurs have accepted QPR's bid. That sounds pretty solid to me. However, I accept that these things can still go tits up.

Wasn't the case when you posted the thread though ;)

it's also for 10m+, didn't think it would ever be the 5m.

Something is iffy with this transfer, have they discovered he has a really bad incurable injury or something? Seems such a quick transfer for a player who was their captain last year.

Dawson had severe ankle injury last season, ruptured ligaments I believe.

There we go then. Quite clearly related to that, you don't go from being a first name on the team sheet to being farmed out of the door for a cut priced fee if all is ok...More fool QPR maybe.

There we go then. Quite clearly related to that, you don't go from being a first name on the team sheet to being farmed out of the door for a cut priced fee if all is ok...More fool QPR maybe.

Mind you, he could probably defend better on crutches than Clint hill.

Wasn't the case when you posted the thread though ;)

it's also for 10m+, didn't think it would ever be the 5m.

Something is iffy with this transfer, have they discovered he has a really bad incurable injury or something? Seems such a quick transfer for a player who was their captain last year.

Hammond was our captain last year - it wouldn't bother me if we sold him

It isn't.

We will.

Sit tight.

Don't panic.

Your faith is laudable, but if you cannot see that not only are deals going tits up, meaning time is short to identify new options, but also thanks to the Ramirez deal and the amounts of money that were quoted, we are going to have to pay through the nose for whoever we do identify (making it questionable that NC will close any of them), then you are being a bit silly.

Your faith is laudable, but if you cannot see that not only are deals going tits up, meaning time is short to identify new options, but also thanks to the Ramirez deal and the amounts of money that were quoted, we are going to have to pay through the nose for whoever we do identify (making it questionable that NC will close any of them), then you are being a bit silly.

Alps do you really think we only do one deal at a time. i am sure there are a whole number of targets lined up and we all know that most deals happen closer to the end of the window when the selling clubs begin to panic! Keep the faith we will be OK!

Alps do you really think we only do one deal at a time. i am sure there are a whole number of targets lined up and we all know that most deals happen closer to the end of the window when the selling clubs begin to panic! Keep the faith we will be OK!

Why are you convinced that we do? Every player we have bought this year we have been heavily linked with by the press. This has diminished. As a lot of people say we should wait until the end of the window, but when we don't sign anyone else there will be another excuse ready from those who are happy to have a team of Championship players.

Why are you convinced that we do? Every player we have bought this year we have been heavily linked with by the press. This has diminished. As a lot of people say we should wait until the end of the window, but when we don't sign anyone else there will be another excuse ready from those who are happy to have a team of Championship players.

They did not play like Championship Players at the weekend !

Why the overt rush to sign a load of galactico's - If we get the right players at the right price to add to the fine squad we already have then no problem with me.

Why the overt rush to sign a load of galactico's - If we get the right players at the right price to add to the fine squad we already have then no problem with me.

But we still conceded 3 goals and it was clear we have a weakness in defence.

Why galacticos? Why not good quality Premiership footballers. And 3 of our 4 defenders and our keeper played like Championship players.

Don't you just hate the transfer window. Most clubs would like to get their signings in before the start of the season but due to the inherent nature of the window, most business gets done in the final few days, after the season has started. Ridiculous.

exactly the point that NA made in an interview at the end of LAST season.

Why galacticos? Why not good quality Premiership footballers. And 3 of our 4 defenders and our keeper played like Championship players.

Clyne was MOTM with Jose not far behind..

Jos was fine and learnt that playing against divers like Tevez means don't leave your foot there , and Fox's headed clearance apart played OK too. Kelvin saved a penalty too by the way..

What good quality premiership footballers would you want? The knackered Dawson perhaps, the tainted Charlie Adam... ???

We have a great squad with a great spirt and it has to be the right sort of player we bring in to fit in with the fine system and ethos we already possess.

Jos was fine and learnt that playing against divers like Tevez means don't leave your foot there , and Fox's headed clearance apart played OK too. Kelvin saved a penalty too by the way..

What good quality premiership footballers would you want? The knackered Dawson perhaps, the tainted Charlie Adam... ???

We have a great squad with a great spirt and it has to be the right sort of player we bring in to fit in with the fine system and ethos we already possess.

Your banging your head against a brick wall, some are just natural bed wetters!

QPR agree to take centre back Ricardo Carvalho on loan from Real Madrid.

imo,that is a very good move for them.

my concerns over transfer activity,especially in this position is ever increasing.

Dawson and Cavalho eh ?

It smells of panic down there in West London, and they are clearly much more concerned after their 5-0 home drubbing, than we are after our close result against the best team in the land.

We have a great squad with a great spirt and it has to be the right sort of player we bring in to fit in with the fine system and ethos we already

Looking at your interpretation of Sunday I'm going to leave this conversation now as you blatantly know **** all about the game of football. Utterly deluded if you think they all played well in a game when we should have conceded 8 goals but for City's profligacy.

Clyne did play well though.

Douglas would do me at CB. Why would we want Adam, we don't need another CM, or do you think he's a CB? If not that's rather irrelevant to mention him.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint

But we still conceded 3 goals and it was clear we have a weakness in defence.

if you want to judge our defence in one game, maybe judging them against a forward line that score 11 against man u last season isn't best choice! or maybe makes 3 look ok!

child like panic and repeating same views that keep being proven wrong is humourous!

look at squad start of each summer window, and league position , then look at start of the next summer window.

no chairman, club deserves more confidence from fans.

two signings so far look v good.

We have a great squad with a great spirt and it has to be the right sort of player we bring in to fit in with the fine system and ethos we already

Looking at your interpretation of Sunday I'm going to leave this conversation now as you blatantly know **** all about the game of football. Utterly deluded if you think they all played well in a game when we should have conceded 8 goals but for City's profligacy.

Clyne did play well though.

Douglas would do me at CB. Why would we want Adam, we don't need another CM, or do you think he's a CB? If not that's rather irrelevant to mention him.

You said "Good Quality Premiership Footballers" - Would Adam suit your requirement or is it just defenders you are weeing your pants for for? Then why not Dann then, he has been a "Premiership Defender" but cannot play a pass to feet to save his life!

Agree Douglas is a decent player but is he "Premiership Class" - He has never played in it yet !

I think I appreciate football better than you, and also appreciate a defence pitted up against world class strikers who despite being profligate in places struggled to beat us. We will not play against that concentration of world class forwards again this season ( other than when they come to SMS), and we coped bloody well at a place where the chance of an away team winning points is almost nil.

You might be a panicky, stressy person on these matters but many of us are not, and trust our club leaders in such matters.

It isn't.

We will.

Sit tight.

Don't panic.

Adkins said we would sign players before the City game.

We didn't.

Still, its not as thought the season has started yet, is it?

if you want to judge our defence in one game, maybe judging them against a forward line that score 11 against man u last season isn't best choice! or maybe makes 3 look ok!

child like panic and repeating same views that keep being proven wrong is humourous!

look at squad start of each summer window, and league position , then look at start of the next summer window.

no chairman, club deserves more confidence from fans.

two signings so far look v good.

I was very impressed with our performance, it totally surpassed my expectations. There were however still a few errors made by our defence that we still need to rectify before the closing of the window. If nothing else, we have zero strength in depth at CB.

I was very impressed with our performance, it totally surpassed my expectations. There were however still a few errors made by our defence that we still need to rectify before the closing of the window. If nothing else, we have zero strength in depth at CB.

I think this 'forum' manager malarkey, has gone to your head, you come across as knowing better that our coaching team ffs.

I'm sure we are giving it "our best endeavours" ;)

You said "Good Quality Premiership Footballers" - Would Adam suit your requirement or is it just defenders you are weeing your pants for for? Then why not Dann then, he has been a "Premiership Defender" but cannot play a pass to feet to save his life!

Agree Douglas is a decent player but is he "Premiership Class" - He has never played in it yet !

I think I appreciate football better than you, and also appreciate a defence pitted up against world class strikers who despite being profligate in places struggled to beat us. We will not play against that concentration of world class forwards again this season ( other than when they come to SMS), and we coped bloody well at a place where the chance of an away team winning points is almost nil.

You might be a panicky, stressy person on these matters but many of us are not, and trust our club leaders in such matters.

Why suggest Dann, I said good quality? I would say Douglas is Premiership class yes, bit most defenders from the continent won't have played in the Prem so it's difficult to say difinitively that they are Prem class.

I'm not panicky or stressy at all, but we have been looking for CB's all Summer and we are no closer to signing any. I think the phrase "weeing your pants" is a bit extreme when all that is happening is that we are questioning our transfer strategy.

Adam would be on the cusp. He's average, but his delivery from set pieces is very good. Either way we don't need him. Over the last few weeks I have named nearly 15 players who have been available this Summer, have been attainable and would add the requisite quality to our squad so I am not going to do it again, but if you want to have a look then feel free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19011746

The Premier League newcomers have signed Nathaniel Clyne, Steven Davis, Jay Rodriguez and Paulo Gazzaniga but Adkins says there will be more.

"We are constantly looking to improve," Adkins told BBC Radio Solent.

"There will be new additions before the end of the transfer window and before we play Manchester City."

You've just been MLG'd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19011746

The Premier League newcomers have signed Nathaniel Clyne, Steven Davis, Jay Rodriguez and Paulo Gazzaniga but Adkins says there will be more.

"We are constantly looking to improve," Adkins told BBC Radio Solent.

"There will be new additions before the end of the transfer window and before we play Manchester City."

You've just been MLG'd

That was from an interview a few weeks ago, and it's not what was actually said, I have just watched it again on Saints player.