Artur Boruc Instagram

Delboy Dave

To me the right stance should be : we are bringing in a keeper to provide competition, Boruc has the shirt, battle it out in training and see who impresses the most. Ultimately if Forster is the better keeper he Will win his place.

Kind of like what Spurs did at the time with Lloris and Friedel. Lloris became number one keeper after a few months.

Exactly.

As much as I think Koeman could have handled this better it is worth noting that Boruc was not his choice.

Obviously I don't know what went on behind the scenes but, unless Roko had promised Boruc he would be his number one, there is no betrayal or disloyalty.

The best thing Boruc to do is privately express his concerns to Roko, tell him he will prove him wrong, train like mad and take the first chance that comes his way.

To me the right stance should be : we are bringing in a keeper to provide competition, Boruc has the shirt, battle it out in training and see who impresses the most. Ultimately if Forster is the better keeper he Will win his place.

Kind of like what Spurs did at the time with Lloris and Friedel. Lloris became number one keeper after a few months.

As much as I think Koeman could have handled this better it is worth noting that Boruc was not his choice.

Obviously I don't know what went on behind the scenes but, unless Roko had promised Boruc he would be his number one, there is no betrayal or disloyalty.

The best thing Boruc to do is privately express his concerns to Roko, tell him he will prove him wrong, train like mad and take the first chance that comes his way.

Its going to be between both of these, one way or the other

Its worth noting though that it isnt the first time Boruc has been known to be overweight, not fit. Now, Im not privvy to the information however how do we know that Boruc has taken his position as gauranteed No.1 for granted ? And so not applying himself properly in training ?

Im just playing devils advocate here, as if Id worked my ass off over the summer Id be rightly annoyed at losing my place to the new guy straight away

Boruc needs to man the **** up, didn't expect this childish behaviour from him. A bit of competition should spur him on to train harder and perform better. He had an easy ride last season and was never in danger of losing his place. It may seem harsh on him, but you can guarantee someone like Kelvin Davis wouldn't act like this in the same situation. If you want to see loyalty Artur, there's a good example

Its going to be between both of these, one way or the other

Its worth noting though that it isnt the first time Boruc has been known to be overweight, not fit. Now, Im not privvy to the information however how do we know that Boruc has taken his position as gauranteed No.1 for granted ? And so not applying himself properly in training ?

Im just playing devils advocate here, as if Id worked my ass off over the summer Id be rightly annoyed at losing my place to the new guy straight away

I was down near the Chapel end watching the 2 keepers and Watson warming up before the Leverkausen game. (At that time Forster was a rumour but not signed) It was striking to me that Boruc seemed to distance himself from the other two..literally. For example, when Watson was trying to get them to do their sideways steppy things waving their hands above their heads, Davis was in sync with him and communicating but Boruc was just tagging along some way behind doing a different exercise. I realise that top footballers have their own warm up routine but it was more than that. His whole body language seemed to indicate a lack of interest in being coached by Watson. I love Boruc, I think he's a great character and there aren't enough of them around, but he has to try and have a good relationship with his primary coach otherwise it will be a hopeless situation. I guess the fact that Watson and Forster know each other well may make Artur seem isolated, but as loads of people have said, he's a professional footballer and should just work hard in a dignified way rather than getting in a strop.

His being prone to stupidity cost us what, 1 goal? The Begovic one was just an utter freak goal. In terms of mistakes I think he was poor at Sunderland but that's about it.

Kelvin and Gazza aren't prone to the arrogant stupidity, but their lack of ability cost us a lot of goals. I believe they conceded more between them during Boruc's injury than he had in his games before.

Forster will have to do well to keep his errors as infrequent as Borucs.

Didn't he stupidly throw a bottle towards fans at the Chapel end which resulted in him not playing for a load of games when we needed him? BTW, the Chapel lot were overly precious and I thought it was ridiculous but it was still stupidity on his part.

Thought we were talking about last season, not when he arrived overweight and in a far lesser side. Boruc is mad, we all know that, but it's part of what makes him very good.

Sometimes I think English keepers lack that arrogance and it shows. Hart has more than most, but still concedes too many soft goals for me. Same with Foster, good keeper but not quite enough presence. Forster has the physical frame, clearly some talent, but everything to prove.

I agree, it's going to be interesting to see if he does have that arrogance as Boruc does have and yes I was talking in general about his stupidness, maybe that was unfair, madness is probably better but that probably made him all the more better for it as a keeper.

His being prone to stupidity cost us what, 1 goal? The Begovic one was just an utter freak goal. In terms of mistakes I think he was poor at Sunderland but that's about it.

Kelvin and Gazza aren't prone to the arrogant stupidity, but their lack of ability cost us a lot of goals. I believe they conceded more between them during Boruc's injury than he had in his games before.

Forster will have to do well to keep his errors as infrequent as Borucs.

I disagree on the Stoke one I'm afraid. Yes it was a freak, but he had plenty of time to watch the ball (the length of the pitch) and was out of position and misjudged it. He then got up and try to blame the CB's IIRC. I'd want him keeping that one out if I'm honest.

Do think he could have done better v Sunderland, and also Stoke at Home (I think) where he got himself in a right flap at a corner. Arsenal Away obviously too.

I've called for a new goalie before, I don't think Boruc is awful and on balance he probably did save more goals/points than he cost. We could have carried on with him for sure, but I wanted an upgrade. If Forster is or not, I'm not sure. I haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to make a judgement on that yet.

So we sign the best CB in the world and you would want Fonte to start?

Nonsense, manager has paid £10m for an experienced keeper who he feels is an improvement on Boruc so hardly surprising wants to select him. Also, I expect being declared No1 helped convince Forster to come.

So we sign the best CB in the world and you would want Fonte to start?

Nonsense, manager has paid £10m for an experienced keeper who he feels is an improvement on Boruc so hardly surprising wants to select him. Also, I expect being declared No1 helped convince Forster to come.

:facepalm:

Why should he? He should pick what what he considers his best team and play them.

I'm not sure why people are struggling with the fact the manager's responsibility is to pick his best team.

Should we play all current players until they make a mistake? Play Jos until he makes a mistake this season? Or not play any of our new signings until the current players all make mistakes?

I think that they should have gone with Boruc against 'pool, but not for the reasons others are stating. FF could do without shipping 4 goals on his debut, if he loses confidence then what are we left with? A fat Boruc in a strop...great!

Orrr.... Forster has a blinder, justifies his number one status with some top class saves and we scrape a draw or even a win and he instantly come a cult hero and everyone who wants Boruc to start realises we have an excellent new keeper on our hands...

Here's hoping

I'm not sure why people are struggling with the fact the manager's responsibility is to pick his best team.

Should we play all current players until they make a mistake? Play Jos until he makes a mistake this season? Or not play any of our new signings until the current players all make mistakes?

Well done on making the most idiotic analogy of the day, though Nick G, a perennial contender, also deserves an honourable mention. Are you seriously comparing Boruc and Jos respective talents?

In reality, there is little to separate between Boruc and Forster - many would claim Boruc is the better keeper -is certainly doing enough to keep Arsenal's no.1 out of the Polish national side. Boruc has played very well for us and is in the team on the merit rather than necessity (refer back to your moronic Hooiveld analogy).

What has Forster done -other than being a £10m signing from an uncompetitive league and a personal favourite of the new regime? If Forster shows he's the better keeper, then fair enough. Doubt Boruc would have felt aggrieved but that's precisely what makes Koeman's comments so misplaced. They were made even before the two had gone head to head in practice - let alone an actual game.

Edited by shurlock

Well done on making the most idiotic analogy of the day. Nick G also deserves an honourable mention. Are you seriously comparing Boruc and Jos respective talents?

In reality, there is little to separate between Boruc and Forster - many would claim Boruc is the better keeper -is certainly doing enough to keep Arsenal's no.1 out of the Polish national side. Boruc has played very well for us and is in the team on the merit rather than necessity (refer back to your moronic Hooiveld analogy).

What has Forster done -other than being a £10m signing from an uncompetitive league and a personal favourite of the new regime? If Forster shows he's the better keeper, then fair enough. Doubt Boruc would have felt aggrieved but that's precisely what makes Koeman's comments so misplaced. They were made even before the two had gone head to head in practice - let alone an actual game.

Is it the most idiotic analogy of the day? Not really, we have a match day squad where any of them can make the starting 11. Forster has been brought in to be our number 1, Koeman thinks he's better than Boruc for whatever reason and I'll stand by the manager's decision. Do you know what's going on in training? Do you know what condition Boruc is in? No. Why should Boruc keep playing just because some fans prefer him. Ok then, if Vlaar came in should he sit and wait until Yoshida makes a mistake or should we play play Vlaar because he's the better player?

Is it the most idiotic analogy of the day? Not really, we have a match day squad where any of them can make the starting 11. Forster has been brought in to be our number 1, Koeman thinks he's better than Boruc for whatever reason and I'll stand by the manager's decision. Do you know what's going on in training? Do you know what condition Boruc is in? No. Why should Boruc keep playing just because some fans prefer him. Ok then, if Vlaar came in should he sit and wait until Yoshida makes a mistake or should we play play Vlaar because he's the better player?

So Forster is better than Boruc in the same way as Vlaar is better than Hooiveld or even Yoshida?

:lol:

Nothing more to say, really.

Well done on making the most idiotic analogy of the day, though Nick G, a perennial contender, also deserves an honourable mention. Are you seriously comparing Boruc and Jos respective talents?

My analagy is simple, sorry beyond you, make it easier for you...

A manager will pick the side he thinks has the best chance. As he thinks Forster is a better keeper he picks him.

My analagy is simple, sorry beyond you, make it easier for you...

A manager will pick the side he thinks has the best chance. As he thinks Forster is a better keeper he picks him.

A slightly different angle, Nicky, but given you're not in control of your argument, the point eludes you.

If you're simply saying that it's the managers prerogative to pick what he feels is his strongest side, then fair enough. You could have said that in half a line, as I have done, and spared me reading a paragraph full of c**p about us signing Vincent Kompany or Mats Hummels.

Let's just hope Forster stays in the team on his merits and any fallout from this incident can be contained.

Think everyone's taking that Boruc photo way too seriously, he's just frustrated is all, and understandably so.

The Instagram post could even be referring to the Legia Warsaw/Celtic situation and the abuse he's been getting from Celtic fans.

Finally someone with a brain. Several days ago he posted football is rotten to the core and he wants out. He was referring to the fact that his former club Legia had lost their place to Celtic despite Celtic losing 6-1. He's been abused for supporting Legia. His post is despising football and how much it is corrupt not Saints.

Think everyone's taking that Boruc photo way too seriously, he's just frustrated is all, and understandably so.

The Instagram post could even be referring to the Legia Warsaw/Celtic situation and the abuse he's been getting from Celtic fans.

Exactly this!

The over reaction on here is hilarious, it's so self-obsessed. I bet this forum is full of people who think that when a couple are sat in the corner, they think they are talking about them.

"You're so vain, I bet you think this song's about you"

He was loyal to Celtic for years, he's had a shed load of unfair abuse.

Finally someone with a brain. Several days ago he posted football is rotten to the core and he wants out. He was referring to the fact that his former club Legia had lost their place to Celtic despite Celtic losing 6-1. He's been abused for supporting Legia. His post is despising football and how much it is corrupt not Saints.

This

I expect him to be ****ed off, there's something wrong if he isn't . However he needs to be professional about it and keep his frustrations between him and the coaching staff . We are not in the same boat as last year if he leaves. Last year we had an injury prone number 1 followed by Kelv and Gazza. Chances are Forster will play every league game , keepers don't get injured that much. Personally I'd get a number 2 in who is class but ending his career , like spurs have or Chelsea last year. Tell Boruc " thanks for being a stop gap for 18 months " and let him go. I think he's a good keeper but to me he's not for the temperament or the professionalism to be a number 2, he'll look like Blooby by the end of a bench warming season.

harsh!

It's typical crab lungs, he used to be alright but since his hero left he's been luck a sulking 4 year old. A bit like the little boy that hates all girls, crab lungs hates the board and will find fault in whatever they do, because he's like the little child whose parents promised to take him to Disney land to make him behave but In truth never had the means or intention of going there at all.

Boruc what's the problem you're 34 and prone to breakdancing next to a stationery football. I mean really can you not handle a bit of competition ?

I love Koemans straight talking. After the guff of Adkins then the interpreter I struggle to believe people are saying Koeman should handle things better. So precious these players and some fans.