Artur Boruc Instagram

Delboy Dave

I'm glad we got Forster but there should be more competition for the no. 1 spot. That being said, Boruc is acting like a tit now.

Not having a go or anything, but what do you mean by "there should be more competition"? This is something Irene/AB has been going on about. I suspect that there is just as much competition as there ever has been for #1, it's just that AB has been superseded, by someone Dave Watson considers superior who has automatically taken the #1 spot, and he/Irene are making noises about lack of competition.

AB/Irene were also making noises about leaving, but I ask where is he going to go to be #1? And then, if he expects to walk straight into the #1 slot at another club, I guess the irony of that would be lost on him.

Artur Boruc,

He's having a barney,

Bring your Pampers,

Bring your Barbie.

I jest of course. Love the big man for all his foibles. I can sort of see where he's coming from - shame he's not concentrating his efforts on knuckling down to impress Koeman rather than posting these wet 'inspirational' quotes.

That said, I saw Artur reply to one fan's message with a comment along the lines of him having been told that he's 5th choice. Surely that's neither constructive of the club nor possible for him to be so far down the pecking order? If you believe everything he's said then it was never going to be a fair fight for the '#1' spot anyway.

Artur Boruc,

He's having a barney,

Bring your Pampers,

Bring your Barbie.

I jest of course. Love the big man for all his foibles. I can sort of see where he's coming from - shame he's not concentrating his efforts on knuckling down to impress Koeman rather than posting these wet 'inspirational' quotes.

That said, I saw Artur reply to one fan's message with a comment along the lines of him having been told that he's 5th choice. Surely that's neither constructive of the club nor possible for him to be so far down the pecking order? If you believe everything he's said then it was never going to be a fair fight for the '#1' spot anyway.

Hold on, you seriously think the club would just demote Boruc to 5th choice? If he wants to push for a move, done in the right way while professionally carrying out his role at the club, then no-one would have a problem with that.

What on earth do you mean a "fair fight"? He has been superseded by what the club consider a better keeper. What is unfair about that? It's harsh but do you think that the club should hold itself back so not to upset one player? How have things suddenly become an "unfair fight" or different from what goes on at any other club? Is it unfair because he isn't considered to be #1 any more by the new goalkeeping coach and manager - is that it?

I just keep reading "Boruc is 34 now" and wondering what universe of goalkeeping the people who think that's old for a keeper live in - that's basically their prime and he could have another 4 year contract without showing any signs of deterioration.

As he isn't on the bench, I'm wondering if he's got an agreement with Koeman that he won't bench sit but that he'll start if there's an injury to Forster. I'm assuming he's still training as normal, anyone know?

His instagram stuff is honestly the behaviour of a 13-year old though. Seeing as he signed for us in his 30s, I'm not sure you can blame Saints for the primadonna attitude. By all accounts we churn out well-balanced kids, Lallana possibly being the exception (and who'd have thought that a year ago?).

I think we need to give him a bit of space. The guy is clearly very upset at being pushed down the pecking order and may be reading too much into the situation. Over the summer we employ the England Goalkeeping Coach and then sign one of Englands prospective Goalkeepers. We then publicly state Forster as No 1. Nothing wrong with that. He cost enough but it might have put a bit of paranoia into Borac's mind.

What I cannot understand is what happened next behind closed doors. Did Boruc have a blazing row with senior Management? Why was he not on the bench at Liverpool? Why are the club keeping quiet? Is it because of internal discipline?

Looks like Boruc has burned all his bridges.

Posting on here will not have helped his sanity. The majority of football supporters, particularly posters on here, are unsympathetic.

Good luck Boruc, you served us well when we needed you most. You can be proud of your achievements at Saints. Hope things get sort out for you.

You expect a lot of footballers to be immature because many of them inhabit the same schoolboy world well into their twenties but you would expect them to have grown up by 30. Boruk should look at realities, principally that at 34 the footballer sell-by date is approaching, even for goalkeepers. He has been as aware as the rest of us that the club were pursuing Forster and he was probably more aware because its very unlikely that Koeman would not have spoken to him. Boruk should be considering how to make the best of the situation he is in, whether that is to accept a number 2 role or to ask for a transfer. Posting comments on a social media site is frankly childish and unlikely to help him at all.

You expect a lot of footballers to be immature because many of them inhabit the same schoolboy world well into their twenties but you would expect them to have grown up by 30. Boruk should look at realities, principally that at 34 the footballer sell-by date is approaching, even for goalkeepers. He has been as aware as the rest of us that the club were pursuing Forster and he was probably more aware because its very unlikely that Koeman would not have spoken to him. Boruk should be considering how to make the best of the situation he is in, whether that is to accept a number 2 role or to ask for a transfer. Posting comments on a social media site is frankly childish and unlikely to help him at all.

Nonsense. GKs are still turning in good performances at the highest level up to early 40s.

Artur Boruc,

He's having a barney,

Bring your Pampers,

Bring your Barbie.

I suspect AB was told he is number two - AB then had a melt down, and after RK had stopping dodging teddies, promptly told him he was now number 5 until his attitude changed.

I have no issue with that.

Hold on, you seriously think the club would just demote Boruc to 5th choice? If he wants to push for a move, done in the right way while professionally carrying out his role at the club, then no-one would have a problem with that.

Of course I don't, thus I remarked that it can't be possible or productive. Still an odd thing to come out with though.

What on earth do you mean a "fair fight"? He has been superseded by what the club consider a better keeper. What is unfair about that? It's harsh but do you think that the club should hold itself back so not to upset one player? How have things suddenly become an "unfair fight" or different from what goes on at any other club? Is it unfair because he isn't considered to be #1 any more by the new goalkeeping coach and manager - is that it?

I don't doubt Forster is the better 'keeper. However the impression I get is that there was no 'fight' to be had. Fraser's gone straight to the top of the pecking order without opposition and Boruc is claiming he's been told there's no way back. I agree that it would be daft to only listen to Artur's side of the story but if that's true then arguably knuckling down is futile.

I suspect AB was told he is number two - AB then had a melt down, and after RK had stopping dodging teddies, promptly told him he was now number 5 until his attitude changed.

I have no issue with that.

Sounds reasonably plausible - and fair.

I think we need to give him a bit of space.

Easier said than done when he's actively fishing for controversy!

FWIW, Friedel was still Spurs' #1 at the age of 41. Van der Sar retired at the top level at 41. Schwarzer's 41 and looked solid enough when called upon by Chelsea last season. All this decade.

Edited by ant

Friedel and Schwarzer are the only ones I can think of. Certainly the exception rather than the rule though.

Boruc has SIX YEARS before he gets to 40. Comfortably long enough to justify a new contract at the level he's currently playing without any concern for his performances tailing off.

David James hit the wall around 39: England keeper at Euro 2008 at 38, still playing internationals in 2009 and 2010 (albeit not first choice after April 2009) and Championship keeper by 2010/11 start.

Add to that Carlo Cudicini, Edwin Van Der Sar, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Maik Taylor, Hilario, Marcus Hahnemann, Dean Kiely, Carlo Nash and Mike Politt, all of whom have played Premier League football aged over 35 in the past 10 years... It's not the outlier that it is for outfielders over 35.

Oh, come on Irene.

It isn't come on. Anyone and will be a lot who come on here and don't have instagram think he's posted such a direct slur on manager and director

If it was posted for me to take the bait then i took it.

It isn't come on. Anyone and will be a lot who come on here and don't have instagram think he's posted such a direct slur on manager and director

My apologies, irene - it's just my warped sense of humour! I have absolutely no problems with you taking Artur's corner, I'm just here for the laughs...

I hope you'll take one more look at the poster, and maybe just chuckle a little at the thought of Artur actually posting that monstrosity to his Instagram ;)

Nobody thinks that was actually posted on your Instagram Artur.

To be honest, I think we've not treated him very well. He should have started against Liverpool, with Forster asked to bide his time until Boruc slipped up or was injured. This is how Sir Alex Ferguson would have done it. It would have kept them both on their toes. So we made our bed on this one a bit.

To be honest, I think we've not treated him very well. He should have started against Liverpool, with Forster asked to bide his time until Boruc slipped up or was injured. This is how Sir Alex Ferguson would have done it. It would have kept them both on their toes. So we made our bed on this one a bit.
You don't buy a £10m keeper and stick him on the bench.

No it's not, he would have picked what he considered his best team and would have no time for egos, same as Koeman has done.

Did he carry on with Bosnich when he signed Barthez? Did he carry on with Howard/Carroll when he signed van der Sar?